[Q] Streaming from Android to PC

Search This thread

oavon

Aug 20, 2008
Paris
Sorry if there is already a thread for this.

I'm looking for an app which play the sound of my mobile on my computer (and them my Hifi)

Then I can listen to toutube or spotify easily on my Hifi, simply using my Android phone.

Thanks a lot

ExMM

Jul 3, 2010
Japan
I don't know guys if you are interested into, but there is an application that allows you to stream video and audio and see your picture via Wireless on your computer using your web browser...:cool:

Websharing file 1.6.1 apk

Nextapp is the company who create it, I use regularly everyday and is a good one!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ConstantineXVI

Jul 28, 2008
Louisville, KY
AFAIK, there's currently no way to do a raw audio stream from Android over the network; and I can almost guarantee you it won't be possible at all without root. Closest you could get would be getting a Bluetooth audio sink (like this or the official Nexus home dock) and hooking that to your hifi. There are apps to stream local content via DLNA, but there isn't anything to stream arbitrary audio in Android.

EDIT: Some PC Bluetooth stacks may also be able to receive A2DP audio as well, but it's not a universal feature.

Last edited:

jstegeman

Feb 20, 2008
Check out mecanto, it's an app that syncs your music to the cloud and then you can stream it from the cloud and play on your phone.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

xdawoods

Dec 11, 2007
I'm amazed that there's no interest in this. I'm sure I haven't searched enough and so probably should pick on a more current thread. But it seems a no-brainer to me to want to go this direction. Everyone discusses streaming from PC to phone. Why would I do that instead of just listening to the PC? Now if I could stream from phone to PC... I have many phone apps that let me listen to unlimited tunes and radios from all over the world, which of course I use outside the house. But using it in this way in the house, my phone would not only be the source, but the "remote" -- the controller. Walk around the house w/ just the phone. Beats my carrying my Squeezebox "portable" radio, as I do. Or maybe I need to pay $150 for the Squeezebox solution, their remote controller... Just don' get it.

hibijibis

Jun 9, 2011
yes. i also think this is a great idea. there a heaps of pc to android threads.

usage scenario i am thinking.

walking around with device. the device contains song files and player. if that player had a button like stream to ie desktop, home theatre speakers, etc etc. that would be great. sorta like wmp 12 stream to button if anyone is familiar with that. bluetooth has the restriction of range so ideally wifi would be the better solution. curious to know if anyone has come across any updates to this.

maqdesign

Jun 12, 2008
THAKS DREA!!!! wow I have been wish exactly the 2play app do... I like to play music on my Android tha I can listen from my large PC speakers!!! COOL!!

pows

Jun 8, 2009
Streaming from Android To SERVER STREAMING

Is there any application also in beta test to let the android phone act as Media encoder to stream to a Server what's coming on your phone?
On Iphone platform there an interesting app LIVU (stevemcfarlin.com/livu/features.html).
Would be nice to have one similar on Android phone

Fabio

japseye

Sep 26, 2010
Theres an app called Twonky which acts as media server on your Android. It lets you stream upnp to whatever device you have capable such as Apple TV, Playstation etc. I have an AC Ryan Playon HD player which is hooked to my local network and I am able to recieve and play media through this to my HD TV from my Desire over wifi.

biggerswede

Dec 18, 2011
Androidtown
Any suggestions on the following then:

I would love to find a program that can both send audio and video without transcoding that can manage both IOS and Android ;)

Im currently using PS3 media server for the PS3 and StreamToMe for sending to my iphones/ipads. They both work excellent. Was also amazed with the lack of streaming programs.

dazandsun

Oct 13, 2007
A simple solution that worked for me from a windows pc to android was was using ES File Explorer (free), choose LAN from dropdown (top left), add new server, scan - it should then pick up your shared network.
Then navigate to your chosen movie, play with moboplayer. Voila.

If it doesn't play straight away make sure moboplayer is set to soft decoder.
Sometimes you may have to press and hold your movie icon, open as video, choose moboplayer.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Sorry my bad, thought you meant streaming from pc to Android device.

G

ghostrill

i'm looking for a way to stream notifications to my pc, especially the phone ringer. i'd like to be able to hear my phone ring, through my pc speakers, while i'm away from my computer and have music playing

sunnybunny

Sep 24, 2012
There is an app called "Remote Droid Player"(play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.newandroid). Though it needs a small application needs to be installed on PC.

Last edited:

jakobahman

Aug 10, 2010
Still no way to stream every sound that your android device plays to your PC? Is it not technically possible to create and android server that sends a raw stream of sound to the PC over wifi?

All the solutions linked in this thread requires you to actively choose what mp3 to listen to. I want to stream notifications/spotify/radio/everything that is played.

Reactions: TanmayYox

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm amazed that there's no interest in this. I'm sure I haven't searched enough and so probably should pick on a more current thread. But it seems a no-brainer to me to want to go this direction. Everyone discusses streaming from PC to phone. Why would I do that instead of just listening to the PC? Now if I could stream from phone to PC... I have many phone apps that let me listen to unlimited tunes and radios from all over the world, which of course I use outside the house. But using it in this way in the house, my phone would not only be the source, but the "remote" -- the controller. Walk around the house w/ just the phone. Beats my carrying my Squeezebox "portable" radio, as I do. Or maybe I need to pay $150 for the Squeezebox solution, their remote controller... Just don' get it.
    I use 2 apps because im undecided which is best firt one is called 2play dnla
    and the other is upnp. search in the market for both :-D
    Solved

i'm looking for a way to stream notifications to my pc, especially the phone ringer. i'd like to be able to hear my phone ring, through my pc speakers, while i'm away from my computer and have music playing

i was looking for exactly the same thing and guess what? its possible :p

1. Download AirAudio from play store
    2. Downloadd ShairPort4w
    3. Hit Thanks
    4. Enjoy
    You may try skifta, it was recently showcased on market home site.

www.skifta.com
    vlc direct pro free

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda app-developers app