Bootloop in ALL Sense ROMs

Search This thread

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Hi guys,
My HTC One fails to run any Kitkat Sense-based ROM. Ive tried ViperOne 5.5.1 and InsertCoin 8.1
The ROM installs properly (I wiped the data in Aroma). But during bootup, the htc dialer process asks me to wait or cancel.
If I choose to Wait, then the ROM will manage to enter half the setup process. But it will continue rebooting and rebooting. Also, when I cancelled most of the setup options, the ROM had no SIM access. It showed 'Emergency Calls Only'
The problem is identical in ViperOne and InsertCoin.
Here's my getvar all:
But Cyanogenmod is working PERFECTLY

C:\fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.62.401.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__J15
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4071mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-bb768ae1
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.078s

I guess that the 4.4 firmware is required ?? Do I need to flash that?? Or is the problem anything else?? I appreciate any help
Thank you

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
You can try extracting the boot.img and flashing it. :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Flash a full .401.7 RUU and update all the way through to kit Kat official. No other ideas at the moment.

sent from my mobile device

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
My region (Middle East and Africa) hasn't rolled out 4.4 yet :/

I think ill continue with CM till I find a solution of some sort

I'll check in on you later, but just FYI:

it's the same as any UL WWE edition, Middle East/Africa on the M7 is just standard .401. edition.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

PS: is your baseband and IMEI intact in settings -> about ?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
I'll check in on you later, but just FYI:

it's the same as any UL WWE edition, Middle East/Africa on the M7 is just standard .401. edition.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

PS: is your baseband and IMEI intact in settings -> about ?

Just another observation ive made, even earlier when I had rooted for the first time, InsertCoin 7 and ViperOne(4.3 based) gave me this same issue. I just randomly chose some options in Aroma nd got InsertCoin to work.
But ARHD ALWAYS WORKED. FIRST SHOT
Is there something wrong with my phone, because ARHD has a 100% success rate fr me, but other ROMs don't. Or are there some different instructions for other Sense ROMs?

Im currently on ARHD 52, SuperCid, S-OFF, HBOOT 1.56, TWRP 2.6.3.3 and OS version in the bootloader is 4.19.401.8

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Just another observation ive made, even earlier when I had rooted for the first time, InsertCoin 7 and ViperOne(4.3 based) gave me this same issue. I just randomly chose some options in Aroma nd got InsertCoin to work.
Is there something wrong with my phone, because ARHD has a 100% success rate fr me, but other ROMs don't. Or are there some different instructions for other Sense ROMs?

Im currently on ARHD 52, SuperCid, S-OFF, HBOOT 1.56, TWRP 2.6.3.3 and OS version in the bootloader is 4.19.401.8

Same setup as yours: ARHD 52.0, TWRP 2.6.3.3, fw 4.19.401.8 (from vomer):

1- I just tried OTG cable + 64GB stick (tried both exFat and FAT32), worked fine in TWRP 2.6.3.3 (obviously need to mount it first, which took about 2 to 3 seconds until the check-mark appeared), then in twrp -> advanced -> file manager -> "usb-otg" and files were there.

2- if you're flashing 4.3 ROMs, have you tried a different recovery (or at least version)... if i remember correctly 2.6.3.3 was good for 4.4, but not so good with pre-4.4 (maybe it was twrp 2.6.3.3, maybe some other one, can't remember which one)

3- i would recommend you manually wipe dalvik+cache+data before flashing a different ROM and after successful install wipe dalvik+cache, maybe the installer script isn't doing it automatically.... i know it's a bit redundant, but you never know.

Reactions: raghav kapur

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN

1- I just tried OTG cable + 64GB stick (tried both exFat and FAT32), worked fine in TWRP 2.6.3.3 (obviously need to mount it first, which took about 2 to 3 seconds until the check-mark appeared), then in twrp -> advanced -> file manager -> "usb-otg" and files were there.

2- if you're flashing 4.3 ROMs, have you tried a different recovery (or at least version)... if i remember correctly 2.6.3.3 was good for 4.4, but not so good with pre-4.4 (maybe it was twrp 2.6.3.3, maybe some other one, can't remember which one)

3- i would recommend you manually wipe dalvik+cache+data before flashing a different ROM and after successful install wipe dalvik+cache, maybe the installer script isn't doing it automatically.... i know it's a bit redundant, but you never know.

1) Hmm i guess i didnt mount it. Probably explains why I couldnt see it :(
2) The ROMs which im flashing are ALL KitKat based. I guess the issue isn't with the recovery
3) Hmm. I definitely didn't do that. That explains the problem i guess. I used 2 manually wipe on my old Galaxy Y. I got lazy after Aroma installers on this phone :p

Thanks a lot :))

Update: Yeah, the wipe did the trick
Ur a life saver

Last edited:

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
2) The ROMs which im flashing are ALL KitKat based. I guess the issue isn't with the recovery

Update: Yeah, the wipe did the trick
Ur a life saver

no problem, if you still encounter problems (even with 4.4), try a different recovery (or version, eg 2.6.3.4), not all installer scripts (even the 4.4 ones), are written the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try to SuperCID. Maybe that'll work cause I see you're s-offed

Happy Flashing :D Sent from a proud owner of the HTC One.
    Flash Kitkat firmware.zip and try again. Do not s-on or lock bootloader

sent from my mobile device