Remap keys on Tytn II / Kaiser

Search This thread

mhstone1

Jan 18, 2007
I just flashed my Tytn II with a new rom and some of my keys are now wrong i.e. press fn Q and get ! instead of @. I've searched and cannot find a fix for this. I tried putting on Alex's keyboard fix and it didn't work. Does anyone know where I can find the file that has to be edited to the right characters or a cab that will do it for me. Sorry if this has been asked before but I've been searching for 2 hours and can't find anything. Thanks

mhstone1

Jan 18, 2007
Thanks, but I tried that too and it doesn't work. Is there not a txt file or something which I can edit?

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
I created a virtual keymapping for the difference between the HTC Herald & T-mobile Wing. Maybe this will work for you because it sounds just like the problem we had over in the Herald forum....

So try this :

KEYBOARD FIX for WING / HERALD & ROM hardware keyboard (keybddr.dll) mismatch

Use the Herald keyboard Fix ... because i think the herald & kaiser have the same keyboard layout.

Last edited:

mhstone1

Jan 18, 2007
I created a virtual keymapping for the difference between the HTC Herald & T-mobile Wing. Maybe this will work for you because it sounds just like the problem we had over in the Herald forum....

So try this :

KEYBOARD FIX for WING / HERALD & ROM hardware keyboard (keybddr.dll) mismatch

Use the Herald keyboard Fix ... because i think the herald & kaiser have the same keyboard layout.

Thanks for the response... But it didn't work either. I appreciate the help though. Any other manual ways to do this?

mhstone1

Jan 18, 2007
OK, I got it working thanks to a great member who had already dealt with this so I copied and pasted from the other thread and here's the answer:

4) The Rogers ROM changes the hardware keyboard layout. The layout is the same as used by the AT&T Tilt and so some of the keys behave differently (for example pressing @ brings up a ! and visa-versa). To fix this problem I needed to delete the registry key HKLM>HARDWARE>DEVICEMAP>KEYBD>CWSLayout

credits to Rumball on this thread
http://xdaforums.com/show...=364789&page=3

angrymoose

Apr 2, 2007
Hi,

I've recently bought an HTC TyTN II and am having problems with the keyboard. The "alt" keys are not how they are mapped on the keyboard, and I can't get a comma.

I've tried the above methods apart from the Rogers ROM, the link supplied isn't active any longer and googling the rom there are loads to choose from.

Can anybody help me?

Cheers,

Craig

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
Hi,

I've recently bought an HTC TyTN II and am having problems with the keyboard. The "alt" keys are not how they are mapped on the keyboard, and I can't get a comma.

I've tried the above methods apart from the Rogers ROM, the link supplied isn't active any longer and googling the rom there are loads to choose from.

Can anybody help me?

Cheers,

Craig

try to install Tilt keyboard fix