T-Mobile: amaze out of stock

Search This thread

kisoon

May 15, 2012
I'll concede that yeah, unfortunately there are some of those in the workforce that aren't very bright. Not a ton of them, but they're out there. To every store that has one or two people that don't know what they're talking about there's usually an individual such as myself around who would chime in to make sure they do the right thing =). Not saying anything about my current co workers, finding myself in the midst of true champs that don't really need my help much in the way that others have desperately relied upon in the past =).

I say because you can hold a retail employee accountable for any mistakes, keep on trying different stores and reps till you find one that works for you. Even if rep A causes an issue and rep B is the one to fix it, that'd still give rep B to rip rep A another one lol. And accountability is close to nothing anywhere BUT retail. =)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

I think customers expect too much from the store staff as well as T-mobile CSR over the phone. One needs to realize that in order for T-mobile to offer such a low monthy price, T-mobile can't offer high salaried staff in the store or over the phone. I am not surprise if the staff over the phone are stationed in India by now. In fact, one may probably get more knowledgefuly staff if they were indeed stationed in India. Anyway, I am thinkfully that I am able to get my service at the price I am receving. I use mostly in wifi. I paid $104 for 1000 anytime minutes and two lines with 200 MB of data. T-mobile gave me 2 Amazes & 2 SII with 2 year committment. So far, I can live with the service. And very satisified with the pricing.

Reactions: AndroidAutobot

Brandonh13

Jun 6, 2012
Yeah so I will call all day today and see if I can get someone to actually help me. Maybe I will try talking to loyalty again and seeing if they can work out a deal with the online people like glacierguy might of done. I called all the stores around and no one has any in my area, but funny is that COSTCO has a bunch!!!! Sadly though to only upgrade to it would cost me $100 from them :/ darn my luck.

G

glacierguy

Yeah so I will call all day today and see if I can get someone to actually help me. Maybe I will try talking to loyalty again and seeing if they can work out a deal with the online people like glacierguy might of done. I called all the stores around and no one has any in my area, but funny is that COSTCO has a bunch!!!! Sadly though to only upgrade to it would cost me $100 from them :/ darn my luck.

Just saw that amaze only free online through today... I think loyalty just pushed me off till its no longer available :mad:

Sent from my HTC Ruby

HTC Amaze 4g BIBLE- Google.doc Updated Often

The Ultimate Guide to Everything Amaze-ing!(Amaze 4g BIBLE!)

Brandonh13

Jun 6, 2012
Just saw that amaze only free online through today... I think loyalty just pushed me off till its no longer available :mad:

Sent from my HTC Ruby

HTC Amaze 4g BIBLE- Google.doc Updated Often

The Ultimate Guide to Everything Amaze-ing!(Amaze 4g BIBLE!)

Yeah that is why I was trying like heck yesterday. When they ran the same sale like 3 weeks ago it was suppose to be for an entire week, but after 3 days they changed it to some other phone (maybe because of the customs thing) and this time it was yesterday and today only. Maybe the customs shipments went through and now they have a lot of them?!?!?

Brandonh13

Jun 6, 2012
Again just got off with loyalty and the lady tried to tell me that they are out of stock of the amaze. Then tried to tell me that everyone has different upgrades per their account, so my friend might be able to upgrade to an amaze but under my account I can't....Yeah I don't really believe that either.
SO it looks like the only route to take is to add a line to our account, drop a line, add another line with one of the old numbers and then drop the other again. It might cost us the $35 activation fee, but its what $18 or $20 for an upgrade anyways?
It might suck, but that looks like the ONLY way to get around them right now for us "old" customers

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
Or file a complaint with the FCC if it can't be ironed out. This is Their fault, not yours.

Not exactlym. With no offendse intended, the user placed their order online. If that's the case the website would have (or should have, the likelihood that it wasn't is probably scarce) been clear on the fact that two lines were being upgraded or in this case, that two additional lines were being added to the account. Corporations tend to take liabilities seriously enough that they have their sh-- in order.

Sent from my Turellular Amaze 4g using xda premium

Last edited:

ITALIANNYC

Apr 20, 2012
Can someone tell me if the Amaze replacement phones/ warrenty exchange phones come with GB or ICS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well......no more noobs in the future lol

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
    Thanks again, you've been a great help.

I ordered them online from Tmobile.com. I'm talking to a rep via email now & he said something along the lines of what you said. I would like to get the lowest plan possible from Tmo, open up Line2 accounts which are $10 a month or $45 a yr for unlimited everything.

I'll add the insurance to the new lines & ghost out the others like you suggested. Thanks again man, I really appreciate this. They weren't giving me any option other than send them back earlier.

Honestly dude, talk to someone ON THE PHONE. Never talk via email or im. Call T-Mobile customer care
    Amaze is phased out.youll still find one.
    However...
    After the sense 3.6/ics uodate,there wont be anymore updates for it.no sense 4.0 except from xda.
    But,Tmobile wont do anything more than the next release of 3.6
    Dont believe any rep you talk to if they say they will Continue the amaze.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA
    Amaze is phased out.youll still find one.
    However...
    After the sense 3.6/ics uodate,there wont be anymore updates for it.no sense 4.0 except from xda.
    But,Tmobile wont do anything more than the next release of 3.6
    Dont believe any rep you talk to if they say they will Continue the amaze.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

there will be some patch updates tho, and mabey a new radio
    I'll concede that yeah, unfortunately there are some of those in the workforce that aren't very bright. Not a ton of them, but they're out there. To every store that has one or two people that don't know what they're talking about there's usually an individual such as myself around who would chime in to make sure they do the right thing =). Not saying anything about my current co workers, finding myself in the midst of true champs that don't really need my help much in the way that others have desperately relied upon in the past =).

I say because you can hold a retail employee accountable for any mistakes, keep on trying different stores and reps till you find one that works for you. Even if rep A causes an issue and rep B is the one to fix it, that'd still give rep B to rip rep A another one lol. And accountability is close to nothing anywhere BUT retail. =)

I think customers expect too much from the store staff as well as T-mobile CSR over the phone. One needs to realize that in order for T-mobile to offer such a low monthy price, T-mobile can't offer high salaried staff in the store or over the phone. I am not surprise if the staff over the phone are stationed in India by now. In fact, one may probably get more knowledgefuly staff if they were indeed stationed in India. Anyway, I am thinkfully that I am able to get my service at the price I am receving. I use mostly in wifi. I paid $104 for 1000 anytime minutes and two lines with 200 MB of data. T-mobile gave me 2 Amazes & 2 SII with 2 year committment. So far, I can live with the service. And very satisified with the pricing.