want to root samsung galaxy s2 plus GT-I9105P

Search This thread

sandy99707

Jul 15, 2012
hi guys i want help to root my GT-I9105P
which custom rom is best and what is the procedure of root kindly tell me in detail.coz i m new in rooting

Sent from my GT-I9105P using xda app-developers app

sandy99707

Jul 15, 2012
and plz tell how to backup my stock rom or from where i can get the stock rom thanks in advance

erikalin

Sep 4, 2012
Twin Cities, Mini Soda USA
which custom rom is best and what is the procedure of root kindly tell me in detail.coz i m new in rooting

Good morning. Let me try to help you out... There are a ton of detailed instructions in the forum for your device. Below I am giving you the link to the General forum. Check out the thread titles to find the things you're looking for, and definitely read the stickies at the top of the forum. Nobody is going to retype everything that's already right there, but there are helpful people who will answer questions if you have them after reading the guides for yourself first. Check 'em out:
http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2327

and plz tell how to backup my stock rom or from where i can get the stock rom thanks in advance

If you haven't rooted the device and it has Android on it then you are on the stock ROM right now. So, follow any of the guides written out for your device (link above), which will tell you how to first root the device, then to install something called Clockworkmod Recovery ("CWM" it will be called), and then to make a backup of your stock ROM ("nandroid" it will be called). From that point you can read more about custom ROMs and start to have fun. Read first though, trust me. It's worth the time to make sure you don't brick the thing by doing something you shouldn't have.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandy99707

savvas_sid

Dec 14, 2013
1215 66984355

Good morning. Let me try to help you out... There are a ton of detailed instructions in the forum for your device. Below I am giving you the link to the General forum. Check out the thread titles to find the things you're looking for, and definitely read the stickies at the top of the forum. Nobody is going to retype everything that's already right there, but there are helpful people who will answer questions if you have them after reading the guides for yourself first. Check 'em out:
http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2327[/UR

Trying to find the root file needed to root GTI9105P running 4.2.2 Please help me

erikalin

Sep 4, 2012
Twin Cities, Mini Soda USA
Trying to find the root file needed to root GTI9105P running 4.2.2 Please help me

I don't know what a root file is, but if you go to that forum all the root guides and links are stickies. Thank you so much. I needed that. Lol. You literally just quoted the answer to your own question. Like, someone asked a question, I answered it (last summer lol), then you quoted my answer to ask the same question. Oh, this made my day. Thank you... lol.

In case that's unclear... my answer to your question is the answer you quoted. Ah, I love it. Cheers, mate. I don't mean this as rude, it's just hysterically awesome. :good:

supremebobs

Jan 4, 2014
you can find it on galaxy s2 subforum for custom rom, custom recovery and root tools

if you have installed the custom recovery and root, do a nandroid back up of your current ROM (system, boot, data) in case you want to go back to your old rom

savvas_sid

Dec 14, 2013
I don't know what a root file is, but if you go to that forum all the root guides and links are stickies. Thank you so much. I needed that. Lol. You literally just quoted the answer to your own question. Like, someone asked a question, I answered it (last summer lol), then you quoted my answer to ask the same question. Oh, this made my day. Thank you... lol.

In case that's unclear... my answer to your question is the answer you quoted. Ah, I love it. Cheers, mate. I don't mean this as rude, it's just hysterically awesome. :good:

*Yeah right...you cannot insult people and then saying 'no mean to insult'. Just letting you know smartypants... :) I dont say this to insult you...as you say :)

Thread given in link was far to complicated and needed TO MUCH search (my opinion). I found the file to another thread. By saying root file I mean the file I need to root my phone. I found a file called SU or smthng like that. Thank you though mate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2327

If you haven't rooted the device and it has Android on it then you are on the stock ROM right now. So, follow any of the guides written out for your device (link above), which will tell you how to first root the device, then to install something called Clockworkmod Recovery ("CWM" it will be called), and then to make a backup of your stock ROM ("nandroid" it will be called). From that point you can read more about custom ROMs and start to have fun. Read first though, trust me. It's worth the time to make sure you don't brick the thing by doing something you shouldn't have.

Enjoy.