[Q] S4 overheating?

Search This thread

D32ox

Jul 5, 2014
Hi all, my S4 i9505 has been getting battery temp of 36degree Celsius and GPU temps hovering around 44-52 when doing nothing with some background apps (reaches 64 when playing Clash of Clans), 42-48 when in standby. Is this normal? The phone is rooted and has ktoonsez' kernal. I don't think I noticed these high temps before I tried to overclock the S4 to the max (was just playing around to see if GTA VC will receive any performance increase) which resulted in the phone rebooting twice while vibrating a little. Since then, I reverted the overclock by going into recovery mode and then reboot and only now I noticed this temps., also, I had to uninstall GTA VC as all it did after the reboots was freezing at a white screen after the intro. Thurs far, I have not noticed any performance issues. I am currently using Danvdh's customized Google Edition 4.4.4 ROM.

And if it matters, my phone scored an average of 22k in AnTuTu at 54degrees. 26k, albeit below the average S4 when I left it in standby for the whole night.

Last edited: