CM 10.2 for Canadian Optimus G (E973/E971)

Search This thread

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
Green LED works. When I tried changing it to red and testing my phone wouldn't come back on. I was running a log so hopefully it saved. I will send it to you shortly.

Just received a notification. Green LED was blinking quickly like I had it set. As soon as I tried to unlock my phone it started to slow down and is now blinking slowly. Screen will not unlock but notification still blinks.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Thanks ! I think i know where my error is, test 9 that will hopefully be the good release is coming soon.

Sounds great, i will watch for it and download when it is available.

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
Just received a notification. Green LED was blinking quickly like I had it set. As soon as I tried to unlock my phone it started to slow down and is now blinking slowly. Screen will not unlock but notification still blinks.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Sounds great, i will watch for it and download when it is available.

Well, next build will either fix the problem or move it somewhere else xD

Reactions: Mangala_Dharma

panoulil

Aug 15, 2011
Nah, hmm. Look with another file explorer than cm one.

Build 9 is up.

Was frozen on bootup after I flashed, touchscreen was unresponsive. Just rebooted and it's working now. I will do my testing.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

No LED. I will PM the new log. Probably easier to email, less steps. Wanna PM me your email?

cryolithic

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver
Coming from the JB stock port.
Booted into CWM recovery
Flashed test9
Flashed gapps
Reset to factory
Rebooted
LG logo
Black screen

Telus E973 on Bell network

cryolithic

Aug 21, 2010
Vancouver
Try flashing a rom that is not test then. If that is still not working and you really want CM, i'd recommand to go back to stock with LGNPST, re-root, unlock bootloader and flash directly.

Using the non test: first flash happens...curiously quickly, second flash takes a little longer, though...still shorter than I've come to expect
Still a black screen after LG logo.
Let me know if you want any logs.

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
Just experienced this. Used it over coffee, started reading my book, drove home, and screen wouldn't turn back on. Had to force a reboot.

Only done it the one time in the 5 hours of use today. Using interactive governor.

Using the Feb 11 build.

And it's happened a second time. Still on the Feb 11 build.

Phone worked fine overnight, alarms went off correctly this morning, made a couple of calls, sent a bunch of text messages, got a bunch of calendar alerts. Then things went quiet around 9 am-ish. Got a phone call on my work line at 10am from the wife asking why I was ignoring her, and noticed the phone was ... locked? Hung? Off?

No notification light. No response from touchscreen. No response when pressing the power button to unlock the screen. Had to hold power button in for 10 seconds, release, then press it again to turn it on.

I changed the CPU governor to ondemand last night.

Phone has been working correctly since the reboot.

Have no problem getting logs or stats or anything. Just need instructions on how to do so. :) I know my way around Linux, but Android's a little different when it comes to troubleshooting. :)

Other than this issue, things are working great! Keep up the good work.

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
And it's happened a second time. Still on the Feb 11 build.

Phone worked fine overnight, alarms went off correctly this morning, made a couple of calls, sent a bunch of text messages, got a bunch of calendar alerts. Then things went quiet around 9 am-ish. Got a phone call on my work line at 10am from the wife asking why I was ignoring her, and noticed the phone was ... locked? Hung? Off?

No notification light. No response from touchscreen. No response when pressing the power button to unlock the screen. Had to hold power button in for 10 seconds, release, then press it again to turn it on.

I changed the CPU governor to ondemand last night.

Phone has been working correctly since the reboot.

Have no problem getting logs or stats or anything. Just need instructions on how to do so. :) I know my way around Linux, but Android's a little different when it comes to troubleshooting. :)

Other than this issue, things are working great! Keep up the good work.

I don't think the problem is with cpu governor but more with the notification LED. I'm trying to fix that one. I might release a "Red only" rom to fix it while it's still a problem.

I've been faster than i tought. Test 11 should be Red Only. If anyone can test if it's still locking with that one, would be great.

Last edited:

gabby131

Sep 20, 2010
Winnipeg, MB Canada
bluetooth devices paired needs a re-pair after disconnect

This is in no rush for it's not Notification LED related.

This is about BT stuff mac address things. I believe I searched that the fix was generated but still to be merged. In any case I attached my log. I followed steps on capturing a log in my greatest, hope this works :)

Reactions: chadouming

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
This is in no rush for it's not Notification LED related.

This is about BT stuff mac address things. I believe I searched that the fix was generated but still to be merged. In any case I attached my log. I followed steps on capturing a log in my greatest, hope this works :)

Yes there is a rush. I've been on this for over 2 days, would like to have it done. If it also lock the phone to a point it's not useable, it shall be fixed before bluetooth. However, i do have an idea on what is wrong with bluetooth.

Found the problem with bluetooth, fixed rom comming as test build 12 soon.

There we go, build 12 is online, i'd like to have input on bluetooth. 1st boot will make you a BT mac address then when you reboot you should not need to pair again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, This is a continuation of the CM 10.1 nightlies thread. Things has been moving on and we are now at CM 10.2. I have been working with xboxfanj, houstonn and bbelos to bring you this. Again, this is based on mako with adapted change for optimus G. This time we are even more in sync with CAF (Code Aurora Forum).

What is working
    Everything.

What is not working

You tell me.

Here are the repo needed for our devices :

https://github.com/TeamPlaceHolder

Of course, you have to be rooted, to have bootloader unlocked and a working recovery to flash this custom rom.

DO NOT FLASH NEXUS 4 KENEL MADE BY 3rd PARTY. THIS WILL MOSTLY PERMA BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

This is simply because people tend to use partition number and not by-name and our partition is different than nexus 4 ones. i.e. The rpm partition on our phone is the boot partition on nexus 4. So flashing a custom kernel will flash a boot.img in your rpm partition and then you are bricked. You have been warned.

Like usually, i can't be hold responsible if you damage your phone during any of the process described in this thread.

Thracky and houstonn who also works with me on this.

xplodwild
    codeworkx
    IOMonster
    sk8erwitskil
    faux123
    dvhexer
    Cyanogenmod Team

and a special thanks to shelnutt2 who shown me how to fix 3G
    and juggie who found out the good file to change to get wifi working
    Download

All the downloads will go here :

ribs.bbqdroid.org

Use geeb package

Gapps package :

http://goo.im/gapps

Modem :

There is a newer modem now available (From JB update. Houstonn and I extracted each of them and made flashable so you don't need to do the painful process of kdz only to get a new baseband)

MAKE SURE TO NOT FLASH KOREAN MODEM.

http://downloads.codefi.re/houstonn/lgog/modem
    How to intall that rom ?

This require you to have TWRP or CWM already installed on your device. I recommand the former. On our device, this mainly mean you have rooted your phone and unlocked the bootloader.

Apparently, it seems these instruction where not clear enough. So I'll try to make them dumbproof. If you are not following these instruction and it doesnt work, dont expect support. It's like buying a cake mix where you only need to add milk and call the company saying their product is bull****, you added water and only got a brick. To add to this metaphor, Asking if it's because you used CWM instead of twrp or reverse is like saying : Did it didnt work because i used a fork instead of a whip to mix it ?

To flash this rom, you have to be on older Bootloader. You can alternatively flash the bootloader i linked in this thread. Read the post carefully before you flash.

1. Download file in the download section.
    2. Put the rom AND the gapps on your internal SDCard.
    3. Reboot into recovery.
    4. Flash CM rom.
    5. Flash Gapps package.
    6. DO A FACTORY RESET (EMPHASIS HERE)
    7. reboot into system
    There is a new build up. It has fixed bluetooth and has latest cm changes.

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium
    Is there ANY WAY you can add to this the changes in faux123's Nexus 4 kernel (see here http://rootzwiki.com/topic/36722-kernellinux-340-makojbuvoctuncifsv001-nov-30/#entry1032460) to reduce the horrible msm_hsic_host wakelock battery drain?

You sir, deserve a punch in the face. Come on. We are not at optimizing things. I'm still trying to figure out what is working or not. This is really stupid.

Note to all other user : I WILL NOT ACCEPT FEATURE BEFORE EVERY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN SOLVED.

on a related note to your question, if you would have read carefully, you would have seen that i already use faux123 kernel . . .
    Anyway, this is not going to be the case soon.