[Q] MAC Address change after CM11 "Unofficial" ROM Flash

Search This thread
Mar 21, 2014
I've got to say, I've been loving the [SM-T31x][KK][4.4.4] CyanogenMod unofficial build ROMs for quite some time now. They have few problems and give the SGT3 8.0 a nice pure UI.
However....
Since installing the latest cm-11-20140826-UNOFFICIAL-lt01wifi.zip I've been having major problems. I have two SGT3 8's and when I flash them both with this release, both of the device's MAC addresses change to the same address and they will not play nice together when connected to the same network, which they are 99% of the time. I couldn't get the MAC to go back to it's original value, no matter what I tried, so in the end I had to go back to the original Samsung ROM on one of the devices, which restored the correct (original) MAC address.
Tried formatting and re-flashing again this morning and it changed the MAC again, so I restored back to stock again.
Since I've only had a handful of posts on the forum, I can't post in the developer section yet, so if any mods are reading this, I'd appreciate it of you could pass this info onto the developers (@gr8nole, @sbrissen & @codeworkx).
BTW, the MAC it changes to, on both devices, is always the same. I don't really want to post it, but here are parts of it: 00:90:4c:c5:XX:XX

Last edited: