[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I can upload it to FileFactory for you. Mediafire only allows uploads of 100MB or smaller, so I'd have to break it up to upload it there. I'm downloading it now so I can upload it.
Upload complete! See Post #3 for Mirror link.

Thanks Captain, the rom work perfect. Only issue is with the battery it seems to drain extremely fast. "Call" and "End call" don't showing complete when you are in call. Maybe the 21893 manage better the battery. I will agree with whatever you decide. Thanks Captain.

Note: kimi_sae_ireba_sense2.1_S25_Email_Tab_AddonV3 work perfect with your rom.

More gratitude for you my friend. Confirmation number: 9D183065L4139210H
Thanks!

I just cooked a 21893 Sense 2.1 TP ROM, and will be uploading it shortly :).

EDIT: Uploaded! See Post #2 for download link :).

Last edited:

jlopez0978

Aug 17, 2007
San Juan
thanks to the cheff

I don't have words to tell you "Thanks" for post the new Sense 2.1 Rom 21893 builds. Always I will support all your work.

Last edited:

spideyngo

May 10, 2009
NorthWest
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
Dear Captain_Throwback...

Flashing the 21893 Sense 2.5.2012 Capt.'s Special

Edit #1: First impressions...Awesome as usual. May I make a minor request by having the splash screen sound off by default like you had it before?

Edit #2: HTC Black theme is now gone. I love that theme. Can you point me to the cab or please bring it back to the next build?

Just a friendly reminder about my two questions in my 2 edit comments. :)
I love your ROMS. Thanks for all the great work.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Am I missing a setting somewhere? When I slide open the keyboard the display switches back and forth between landscape and portrait. I've re-flashed twice and still see the issue. I think I remember reading something about it, but I'll be damned if I can find it again! Sorry if this has been answered already.
I'm assuming you're talking about in Sense, right? Sense is set up not to rotate into reverse landscape mode (the direction of the keyboard) unless you slide the keyboard out. But if you happen to rotate the phone back to Portrait while the keyboard is out, it won't rotate back. The reason it's set up that way is so the full screen animations on the Photos, Music, & Documents tab work. It can be disabled.

Flashing the 21893 Sense 2.5.2012 Capt.'s Special

Edit #1: First impressions...Awesome as usual. May I make a minor request by having the splash screen sound off by default like you had it before?

Edit #2: HTC Black theme is now gone? I love that theme? Can you point me to the cab or please bring it back to the next build?
As was commented, the splash screen can be disabled with either Advanced Config or Diamond Tweak.

Yeah, I had the HTC Black theme in there, but it made itself the default for some reason, instead of the AT&T theme. I will make a CAB of it for you (it will set itself as default).

Hi, Captain:

Thanks for your great work. There are two requirements:

1. Call you add the call history menu on the home page? Now it was been supported in some chinese ROM. The call history menu lies on the same row with the Calendar menu. This row is cut into tow collums. One collum is used to put the call history menu, the other one is put the calendar menu.

2. Can you make the clock transparent like the energy ROM?

Thanks!
I don't know of the tweak to get Call History on the Home Page. Personally, I don't need it there, but if you find out how to do it, please, post it here for everyone :).

There's a thread around XDA somewhere that tells you how to make the clock transparent yourself :rolleyes:.

Just a friendly reminder about my two questions in my 2 edit comments. :)
I love your ROMS. Thanks for all the great work.
I apparently missed a whole page of posts. Sorry about that. I answered your post above.

Dalek_Caan

Aug 19, 2008
Cateret, NJ
1. Call you add the call history menu on the home page? Now it was been supported in some chinese ROM. The call history menu lies on the same row with the Calendar menu. This row is cut into tow collums. One collum is used to put the call history menu, the other one is put the calendar menu.

Thanks!

I think that was the mod by netdrg that added call history and extra quicklinks to the home tab .. however it was not written for this Sense version and I think is not work properly with it.
You can get call history and alot more with cookies home tab mod - i have not tried it yet but looks good - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=625483

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Yeah, I had the HTC Black theme in there, but it made itself the default for some reason, instead of the AT&T theme. I will make a CAB of it for you (it will set itself as default).
As promised, attached is a CAB for the HTC Black theme for Sense 2.5 (COM2 218XX builds only). It should set itself as default, but you *may* have to deselect and reselect it for all the highlights to work right :rolleyes:.

P.S. All of the Sense 2.1 ROMs have been updated to the latest build.

Last edited:

nGm@ze

Jul 17, 2009
Just uninstall them in Remove Programs. About the Volume Control, it worked okay for me when I tested the ROM. Did you install a different top bar or anything?

EDIT: I just flashed the 21893 Sense 2.5 TP build & I can confirm that the Volume hard keys correctly control the volume (at least on my Fuze).

Well, i removed the custom top bar because i personally like the stock one, so does it affect the function of the volume control? And for the icons, i tried removing it but some of them still exist for some reason.

spideyngo

May 10, 2009
NorthWest
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
Yes, cookies Home tab mod 1.5.4 works and I use it

I think that was the mod by netdrg that added call history and extra quicklinks to the home tab .. however it was not written for this Sense version and I think is not work properly with it.
You can get call history and alot more with cookies home tab mod - i have not tried it yet but looks good - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=625483

Just to answer your question. You have to go in and customize the registry, but defaults seem to work fine. Occasionally you get program shortcut distortion on home page, but if you rotate it the screen left or right and back to normal portrait, it self corrects.
Cookies Home tab works on both Captain_Throwback's Fuze 235xx and 21xxx builds. Shortcuts are not perfectly placed, but they all work. I set in registry 4x4 programs tab. I highly recommend this mod.

spideyngo

May 10, 2009
NorthWest
HTC Leo
HTC One (m7)
So... I used the HTC Black Theme on 23541 Sense 2.5.2012

As promised, attached is a CAB for the HTC Black theme for Sense 2.5 (COM2 218XX builds only). It should set itself as default, but you *may* have to deselect and reselect it for all the highlights to work right :rolleyes:.

P.S. All of the Sense 2.1 ROMs have been updated to the latest build.

...and can I say it looks AWESOME!!!

peeps

Aug 30, 2006
Denton, TX
Glad to be back on a Cap'n ROM...

M2.5 23541 2/26 ROM - WM6.5 lockscreen bottom curtain does no align with the bottom of the screen properly.

nGm@ze

Jul 17, 2009
Well, i removed the custom top bar because i personally like the stock one, so does it affect the function of the volume control? And for the icons, i tried removing it but some of them still exist for some reason.

In addition i also have problems relating to the battery indicator. When i use my battery to 15% the icon still indicate it fully charged, i wonder is it related to the custom top bar i removed a while ago:eek:?

jlopez0978

Aug 17, 2007
San Juan
support

Sense 2.1 21893 build is almost perfect. Only issue is with the dial pad. The keypad and end call are hide behind the botton bar. This happend when you are in call.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Glad to be back on a Cap'n ROM...

M2.5 23541 2/26 ROM - WM6.5 lockscreen bottom curtain does no align with the bottom of the screen properly.
This isn't a new problem. The HTC Lockscreen isn't adjusted for the 6.5.x builds with the larger bottom bar. I guess it's good when people are now noticing little things like this that they never noticed before ;).

It shouldn't. The Volume Control dll was removed from the custom icon set so as not to cause a conflict like this. Also, I tried uninstalling the custom icons and top bar, and everything reverted correctly for me. Is that the first thing you're doing post-flash?
In addition i also have problems relating to the battery indicator. When i use my battery to 15% the icon still indicate it fully charged, i wonder is it related to the custom top bar i removed a while ago:eek:?
You may need to install my old custom battery meter (with the percentage) to get the battery reading correctly. That seems to happen when one of the custom DLLs is removed from the ROM.

Sense 2.1 21893 build is almost perfect. Only issue is with the dial pad. The keypad and end call are hide behind the botton bar. This happend when you are in call.
Are they completely covered, or just partially? There's an issue with the position fix where it doesn't move those buttons up far enough (but they are still definitely usable). But that's just an issue that amarullz is supposed to help me with (if he's ever online again). So there's nothing I can do about it right now, unfortunately :rolleyes:. If they're completely covered, then something else is wrong.

Last edited:

jlopez0978

Aug 17, 2007
San Juan
answer

Question from Captain-> Are they completely covered, or just partially?

Ok Captain, is just partially. Its not a big issue.

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hi,

Can i flash this rom? Using stock rom wm6.1 touch pro.

Thanks!
Umm, sure . . . just make sure you read the links in the first post thoroughly before attampting to do so.

Well, i removed the custom top bar because i personally like the stock one, so does it affect the function of the volume control?
Yes, uninstalling the custom top bar is the reason for the Volume Control issue. Install the Volume Control attached to this post, and it will solve your issue.

And for the icons, i tried removing it but some of them still exist for some reason.
Like I said, I just tested this, and uninstalling the custom icons & folders leaves me with the original Leo ones (see attached screenshot).

Yes, this is also related to the uninstallation of the top bar. Actually, it's more related to some registry entries in the Phone Canvas package. Either way, installing the attached CAB should fix that.

Last edited:

nGm@ze

Jul 17, 2009
Yes, uninstalling the custom top bar is the reason for the Volume Control issue. Install the Volume Control attached to this post, and it will solve your issue.

Like I said, I just tested this, and uninstalling the custom icons & folders leaves me with the original Leo ones (see attached screenshot).

Yes, this is also related to the uninstallation of the top bar. Actually, it's more related to some registry entries in the Phone Canvas package. Either way, installing the attached CAB should fix that.

Sorry for multiple posts yesturday i was tired and accidentally press the wrong button, i knew i could of just edited it. Things are fine now. However i have been having battery issues like other people did posted on the last few pages. I have used up to 80% battery this morning and installed the fix then soft reset suddenly it went from 80% to 5%. I tried calibrating the battery my self by draining it till the device turn off it self and let it charge then turn boot in to windows, leave it charge till 100%. Same thing happens after soft reset, huge amount of decrease in battery life. Sorry for bugging you too much i know this is annoying, but i like this ROM is more stock look compared to others.

gcarlbark

Oct 27, 2008
Kristianstad
Thank you very much!

I just want to say thank you for this very good ROM. I have tried several ones in recent times. This is actually the one I prefer the most when it comes to a balance in speed, good looks and stability.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.