[OFF-TOPIC] Galaxy SII Hangout Thread

Search This thread

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I've been on Spain JB since the release. Anyone else starting to get a bit bored?

What else can I do to liven up the experience?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
OK here's the dilemma.

My dad has the Galaxy S3 and iPad 3, and he will be upgrading both to the next successor, (S4 and iPad 5) later on in a few months time.

He will hand down the devices. (I get old hand downs :()

I will have to choose between the S3 or the iPad... Which should I go for?

I'm unsure which to pick. I use my phone more than a tablet. (But probably because my current tablet is crap, may be different with the iPad.) But will the S3 be a huge upgrade from my phone? I have the same UI already on it, so not much will be new, right?

Whereas the iPad will be a huge upgrade compared to my Galaxy Tab in terms of hardware. However, what is holding me back from the iPad though is iOS. It will feel very restricted, and there aren't as many free apps compared to Android, and not much customization.

Any suggestions or opinions? Which should I go for?

Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

fahadsul3man

Oct 11, 2012
OK here's the dilemma.

My dad has the Galaxy S3 and iPad 3, and he will be upgrading both to the next successor, (S4 and iPad 5) later on in a few months time.

He will hand down the devices. (I get old hand downs :()

I will have to choose between the S3 or the iPad... Which should I go for?

I'm unsure which to pick. I use my phone more than a tablet. (But probably because my current tablet is crap, may be different with the iPad.) But will the S3 be a huge upgrade from my phone? I have the same UI already on it, so not much will be new, right?

Whereas the iPad will be a huge upgrade compared to my Galaxy Tab in terms of hardware. However, what is holding me back from the iPad though is iOS. It will feel very restricted, and there aren't as many free apps compared to Android, and not much customization.

Any suggestions or opinions? Which should I go for?

Cheers.

Aaaah the problems of the first world countries LOL

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

gastonw

Dec 19, 2012
Lol

Get the s3 and use it as a tablet.

Sent from the little guy

Last edited:

King_Rat

Mar 19, 2011
ASUS ROG Phone 3
As some of you may know, Maxthon (my favourite browser for a looong time, both on Windows and on Android) was doing an official Galaxy S3 sweepstakes back in Oct 2012, where one would need to provide feedback to the dev with their email address. No limit for email addresses, but one reply from one address per day. So... About two weeks ago, I discovered an email in my account that I used for that feedback -- the ONE I forgot to monitor (I was sure I had a forwarding set up on it, but I was wrong)!

This email (along with three reminders during that grace period) has been sitting in my inbox since Nov 12. What a disappointment... When I saw this message, I was like "are you freaking kidding me?!?!" But then again, what's the point of being mad about something you can't change, anyway? Just laugh it off, there will be other chances... :) Cheers to the runner-up guy or gal who got the S3, whoever you are! :highfive:

Dude!! You didn't have your ph set up to receive your emails!? :eek:

Unlike you (almost) :p I never win sh!t3 :crying:

I would've given myself 20 upper-cuts if I'd missed out on an SIII :(

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
Dude!! You didn't have your ph set up to receive your emails!? :eek:

Unlike you (almost) :p I never win sh!t3 :crying:

I would've given myself 20 upper-cuts if I'd missed out on an SIII :(
Like I said, it was just that one email account that I am not using much (if at all), and I forgot to set it up with forwarding. Murphy's law never fails...

And what's the point of beating youself up, if it won't change things, anyway? :) Let it go! Besides, I don't even like S3 (too big and ugly), but it would sure have been a nice chunk of money to sell it and buy something else... :p

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
So who's moving onto the S4?

Its predicted 1.8 million S2 owners will upgrade to the S4.

reddead66

Feb 10, 2011
anyone here have any idea on how should i revert my hosts file before uninstalling adfree?

SunshineCat

Mar 2, 2013
So who's moving onto the S4?

Its predicted 1.8 million S2 owners will upgrade to the S4.

Pfft, I just got my S2! I don't really care for getting all the hottest new phones, perfectly happy with my good old S2 here but hey. Don't have the money/means of getting a brand new phone either way. That is a ton of S2 users lost though o-o

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, I'm new to this part of the forum coming from a Desire S.

The Desire S forum was a really nice place to be, so I decided to set up an OFF-TOPIC thread. It turned out very well, and is a great place where I made friends and learned tips and advice for both my device and other things in life. :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611085

I would like to try it here. I hope this thread will also help to cut down the number of OT post in other threads. (as it has done it the Desire S forum)

Basically, this thread serves as a place for any discussion, for fellow GSII users to hangout! Feel free to talk about anything!

So let's go! How about we start by introducing ourselves? :p
    Soon this thread will be close. Why? Please read HERE.

No. That is forum specific mod's decision. I don't think this thread is used for spamming and stuff, the one which was being used has been closed already

After 6 months using my beast galaxy s2...
    When I see these new power packed handsets, tablets, those awesome displays, fastest processors.... I want to have them in my hands..
    BUT

When i look back to my s2 (without case) with a little more brightness than average.. at some angles... I move it around... I cherish it... I love it more and more...and then i say to myself

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING SMARTER AND SEXIER THAN MY THIS LOVELY BEAST...

Never gonna leave it...:)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Is anyone else disappointed with the xda premium app? Its forever crashing and I can't remember the last update it had. Why oh why won't they implement a 'search in thread' button and a dark theme. I find myself using tapatalk all the time

Sent from my I9100 using the latest cm10 nightly

Same! Stopped using XDA app after a while in favour of tapatalk