[Q] Internet Browser Apk

Search This thread

sumit0405

Aug 17, 2011
pune
Hi.
I have rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace GT5830, last year i uninstall default browser from my device,
now i want that browser back, i have .apk and .odex file for the internet.apk, i tried by pasting it to "/system/apk" and set permission to
"rwx", "rxx", "rxx" but still i am not able to run the default browser,
if u have solution pls post it.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 5617821

Hi.
I have rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace GT5830, last year i uninstall default browser from my device,
now i want that browser back, i have .apk and .odex file for the internet.apk, i tried by pasting it to "/system/apk" and set permission to
"rwx", "rxx", "rxx" but still i am not able to run the default browser,
if u have solution pls post it.

Thanks.

Firstly make sure the internet.apk is compatible to your os. I mean if you put the Internet.apk for ICS in Gingerbread it wouldn't work. Secondly you have to paste it in /system/app and not /system/apk. Thirdly the permission is rwx,r-x,--x. After this reboot you device. That ought to do it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

sumit0405

Aug 17, 2011
pune
Firstly make sure the internet.apk is compatible to your os. I mean if you put the Internet.apk for ICS in Gingerbread it wouldn't work. Secondly you have to paste it in /system/app and not /system/apk. Thirdly the permission is rwx,rx,rx. After this reboot you device. That ought to do it :)

its compatible with my os as i have taken backup before uninstalling,
and its was mistake, i pasted it in /system/app only not apk.

D

Deleted member 5617821

If you have already taken the backup before uninstalling, you just have to restore it. Its as simple as that. What kind of a back up did you take- Titanium Backup or CWM?