[ROM] Vanillipop 1.4 - 12/1/2014 [Vanilla Android Lollipop]

Search This thread

therobut

Jan 15, 2014
Cincinnati
I am stuck on a bootloop. From morning. None of the key working. Plzzzz help.
Coz i flashed this rom over viper rom without wiping. What to do now?
I am too scared. :(

First, you can hold power and volume up buttons for about 10 seconds to force the phone to turn off.

then you need to go into recovery and wipe system, data, cache, and dalvik cache. Then you can flash this rom. Also make sure you're on the correct firmware (see OP).

Jborch8

Mar 17, 2011
Really disappointed this thread died. Absolutely love this ROM. Was looking forward to what the Dev had to offer next.

Reactions: fen0m

Jborch8

Mar 17, 2011
OP, has support ended for this ROM? You're still active on your "Android Wear" thread, where's the love here?
About to change over to another ROM if support is over.

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
I really don't know what to say exempt make your own ROM and maybe next time think before you submit.
Y'know...it's fine if a dev wants to stop developing or supporting a rom. It's their free time and they get to decide what they want to do with it. That said, it wouldn't be that difficult to drop a quick post in the thread saying "sorry guys, I'm done" rather than just disappearing without a trace and leaving everyone wondering what's going on. I don't see what's unreasonable about that.

phoenix2217

Dec 21, 2010
Y'know...it's fine if a dev wants to stop developing or supporting a rom. It's their free time and they get to decide what they want to do with it. That said, it wouldn't be that difficult to drop a quick post in the thread saying "sorry guys, I'm done" rather than just disappearing without a trace and leaving everyone wondering what's going on. I don't see what's unreasonable about that.

Hah...

Every one wonders why the good devs leave these forums.

No, the unreasonable thing is that you feel you need an explanation.
Any other producer of a good in the world, when they stop producing something do you *expect* a reason why?

This is free. If you donated, feel good you donated. If you feel you've been cheated, don't donate? Again, this is a ridiculous conversation.

Reactions: MotoTurbo

maxpower7

May 2, 2011
Hah...

Every one wonders why the good devs leave these forums.

No, the unreasonable thing is that you feel you need an explanation.
Any other producer of a good in the world, when they stop producing something do you *expect* a reason why?

This is free. If you donated, feel good you donated. If you feel you've been cheated, don't donate? Again, this is a ridiculous conversation.
Nobody is owed an explanation; it's just really odd when a dev suddenly stops all communication out of nowhere. I've never seen it happen on XDA quite like it has with this rom, and I've been around for a while. I don't expect anything; I just think it would have been a nice thing to do before disappearing. That holds true with anything in life, not just this situation specifically.

Last edited:

eeshuz

Dec 16, 2010
Well so much for 1.5 I guess. I hope the dev is okay though. Who knows what happened, but I thank him for his efforts and wish him the best of luck.

With that being said, has anyone found a fix for GPS? I have tried every single firmware out there (DH's, aer0zer0's, SROM) - I just can't get GPS to work. The thing is, it works with other Lollipop ROMS such as DH's GPE and LiquidSmooth - so I wonder if it's even really firmware related? If anyone could chime in I would really appreciate it. This ROM seems to be stable in all aspects that others seem to fall, EXCEPT for GPS, which I absolutely need. Thanks in advance.

aer0zer0

Recognized Contributor
Well so much for 1.5 I guess. I hope the dev is okay though. Who knows what happened, but I thank him for his efforts and wish him the best of luck.

With that being said, has anyone found a fix for GPS? I have tried every single firmware out there (DH's, aer0zer0's, SROM) - I just can't get GPS to work. The thing is, it works with other Lollipop ROMS such as DH's GPE and LiquidSmooth - so I wonder if it's even really firmware related? If anyone could chime in I would really appreciate it. This ROM seems to be stable in all aspects that others seem to fall, EXCEPT for GPS, which I absolutely need. Thanks in advance.

This works for me every time

1. Ruu back to sense 4.4.4
Don't bother setting it up, you don't care
2. Get a lock with GPS fix with your settings for location to device only, then verify with maps
3. Install the Rom, don't try to get GPS on first boot. Reboot at least once
4. Location settings back to device only, then use maps, it'll take like 20-30 seconds the first time, but after you should be good to go

Firmware doesn't matter so much as sequence of events

eeshuz

Dec 16, 2010
This worked! aer0zer0 to the rescue. The GPS locked and now locks almost instantly.
This works for me every time

1. Ruu back to sense 4.4.4
Don't bother setting it up, you don't care
2. Get a lock with GPS fix with your settings for location to device only, then verify with maps
3. Install the Rom, don't try to get GPS on first boot. Reboot at least once
4. Location settings back to device only, then use maps, it'll take like 20-30 seconds the first time, but after you should be good to go

Firmware doesn't matter so much as sequence of events

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4ndr01d presents
    Vanillipop
    "Android the way it should be" for the HTC One (M8) [verizon]

Lollipop-2-590x330.jpg

Features
    Vanilla Android 5!
    de-bloated
    advanced power menu
    improved 3G, 4G, and WiFi connections
    removed volume warning
    rooted
    busybox
    improved battery life
    mobile hot spot hacked (does not report back to verizon)
    optimized for performance
    zip-aligned
    tweaked file system for better speed
    reduced lag
    tweaked for speed
    focused on stability
    buttery smooth
    init.d support
    improved call quality

Donations Appreciated!
    Click here to donate via PayPal if you like my work and want to support further versions of my ROMs.

Changelog

1.4 (md5: 628254dce9706816aa6e3e7f16038ecb)
    added Google Messenger
    added Amaze File Manager
    fixed issue with SystemUI
    fixed issue with tweaks script
    fixed settings icon size on power menu
    updated SuperSU

1.3 (md5: 045420cb9ae4d608de38ff112cd88917)
    added Advanced Power Menu (thanks lyapota!)
    improved GPS (quicker locks and more accurate tracking)
    fixed issue causing rare lockups
    fixed screencasting
    updated SuperSU
    faster app opening
    fixed issue with lag on a few memory-intensive apps

1.2 (md5: 98c305fbf3a89ea787791befcac5259a)
    added back missing power menu options (still working on adding reboot menu)
    updated SuperSU to latest stable that was just released
    adjusted the tweaks to block flags to improve performance
    adjusted some kernel settings to improve performance
    switched default governor from ondemand to interactive for better responsiveness

1.1 (md5: 34e2015e72fc6f23fb7edb16f5ca7a67)
    updated SuperSU (may need to update binary on first setup)
    updated a few apps from AOSP
    cleaned up some of my tweaks specifically for this ROM
    added screen casting that is in my other ROMs
    added AOSP Browser
    added vim support
    added cron job support

1.0 (md5: cc46c46b132870744d087195cac73d65)
    initial release

Download

Get the ROM from 4ndr01d

Instructions
    1. make sure you are on the 4.4.4 or 5.0 firmware
    2. wipe data (if coming from ANY other rom)
    3. wipe cache
    4. flash ROM
    5. let phone sit for a few minutes once booted to settle (a lot is done on first boot)

Keep in mind that the first boot can take up to 10 minutes and may seem to hang on either the Google logo or the Boot Animation. Just give it time, it will boot.

Credits
    Google - for Android!
    holyangel - for the GPE base
    digitalhigh - for the base VZW port
    lyapota - for the base APM MOD
    You guys - for all your support and feedback!

Onox 1.3 is out now! I've added several parts from Android L (5.0) as well as made many other tweaks to improve your experience. Enjoy!!!
    Working on 1.3 and hope to have it up either tonight or tomorrow morning!
    Onox 1.2 is out now!
    Onox 1.4 is out now! Please note that there is now a separate HTC apps package, and gapps have been updated as well.

Enjoy!!!