[Q] Post-flash, different roms, no 4G/LTE

Search This thread

nickhx2

May 2, 2009
Hi. I recently rooted and flashed my phone, but since doing so I've been able to get 4G/LTE to work for me. At first I thought it was just the initial rom i flashed, but every single one I've tried since has failed to work. I restored my backup of the the original rom (backed up immediately after post-root), but that has not worked either.

I should add that a couple of the roms I tried, upon initial setup for the first time ask me to wait a few minutes to activate mobile data. While the 3G signal works and appears, the waiting goes on indefinitely until i skip it. Data still works but 4G/LTE never happens for me.

Any advice? Thank you

Last edited:
G

GuestK0087

Hi. I recently rooted and flashed my phone, but since doing so I've been able to get 4G/LTE to work for me. At first I thought it was just the initial rom i flashed, but every single one I've tried since has failed to work. I restored my backup of the the original rom (backed up immediately after post-root), but that has not worked either.

I should add that a couple of the roms I tried, upon initial setup for the first time ask me to wait a few minutes to activate mobile data. While the 3G signal works and appears, the waiting goes on indefinitely until i skip it. Data still works but 4G/LTE never happens for me.

Any advice? Thank you

If you're running a sense based ROM, try dialing ##72786# from your dialer. Select reset from the menu. Your phone will reboot and reactivate. Did you update your profile/PRL?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nickhx2

May 2, 2009
If you're running a sense based ROM, try dialing ##72786# from your dialer. Select reset from the menu. Your phone will reboot and reactivate. Did you update your profile/PRL?

doh! was on my original rom messing with things and literally just went back to a CM flash. i will try the reset thing.

also i am very new to rooting/flashing so i am not exactly sure how i would be updating the profile/prl, so the shot answer is no.

thanks for the help, btw!

G

GuestK0087

doh! was on my original rom messing with things and literally just went back to a CM flash. i will try the reset thing.

also i am very new to rooting/flashing so i am not exactly sure how i would be updating the profile/prl, so the shot answer is no.

thanks for the help, btw!

From a sense ROM, Settings>System updates>Update profile.
Same for PRL.

nickhx2

May 2, 2009
thanks so much! it worked!

i went and reflashed CM and it worked there too. unfortunately the LTE signal was somewhat pitiful compared to the full strength signal i was getting from my stock rom right before the CM flash.

anything i can do here?

thanks again!

G

GuestK0087

thanks so much! it worked!

i went and reflashed CM and it worked there too. unfortunately the LTE signal was somewhat pitiful compared to the full strength signal i was getting from my stock rom right before the CM flash.

anything i can do here?

thanks again!

I always had issues with CM and signal strength too. I don't know of any fix, sorry. Glad you're back on LTE! :)

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app