Amazing update for your XDA 2i

Search This thread

qiqo

Jan 2, 2008
Who ever made this is so f***in brilliant! I wont plan to buy a new device anymore!!!! good thing 2i has a very fast processor!

Last edited:

podhead

Feb 4, 2008
Just installed this on my ageing xdaIIi and its fantastic, xdaIIi meets iphone.
installed in minutes and I havent put it down for over an hour.
re-invented my xda.

well done !

skeeve666

Aug 4, 2005
bloody awsome!!!!!!

its sweetttttt on teh magnitue 1000+

i hope they keep up with it and donated to them too

johns

Jan 5, 2007
Great New Update

I have waited so long for this. Thankyou,Thankyou.
I want to send money for the first time ever.

robsno

Mar 5, 2006
Dorset
Screenshots just do not do this justice, the finger interface using point and slide has to be tried. For those who are curious, just do a search for Pointui and screenshots to see why we are so enthusiastic. Note for best installation you need to install the WM5 version even though it does not run on the XDA2i and then download the WM2003 zip and overwrite the files in the directory created by the wm5 install with the 2003 ones. You can choose whether to go for the Blue or the Black theme when you download the WM5 version, if you choose the black one then dont copy the Home.cdl across as the wm2003 one in the zip has the blue theme in its home.cdl.

Zincubus

Jun 17, 2005
That last message seems really complicated to a novice like myself.

I have an XDA 11i - can I just follow the link and let it download to my phone ??

Zincubus

Jun 17, 2005
I tried the EASY way but without success.
Just get a "Can't execute message ".

Thanks anyway .

robsno

Mar 5, 2006
Dorset
OK here goes, click on the link http://www.pointui.com/Home.aspx and click on the download icon on the top left of the screen under the word home. Then on the screen that appears click on the button near the bottom that says "download cab installer" Copy the file to the main memory of your XDA and then double click on it. You will see it install. This has installed the WM5 version on the XDA. Next step is to click on this link http://www.pointui.com/files/tests/1.02b/2003/1/home.ppc2003.zip and download the zip file, this is an archive file and will need to be decompressed if you are using windows XP or vista, or a MAC this will be done when you double click on it and you will see 4 files Home.exe, home.cdl, pointui.cdl and pointui.fonts.cdl these 4 files need to be copied on top of the ones installed by the cab file ie select the 4 files and navigate on the xda to Program files directory, then to pointui directory, then to home 1.02b directory and paste in there. Easiest to do for you using windows fie manager while the XDA is syncing as the xda is visible a drive. Hopefully this makes more sense to you.

Mapking

Oct 23, 2007
Very detail walk through & very fast and furious.

There is one problem. wouldn't unlock screen after you lock it. anyone experience it? How to overcome?

Zincubus

Jun 17, 2005
Robsno -thanks very much for taking the time to write the detailed explanation -I really appreciate it.

However I just don't have the knowledge to follow MOST of the instructions .

I will have to wait for a simple CLICK HERE option to arrive - the ones that just load it onto your XDA with no messing.

Sorry but THANKS anyway.

p.lawrance

Jun 9, 2005
OK here goes, click on the link http://www.pointui.com/Home.aspx and click on the download icon on the top left of the screen under the word home. Then on the screen that appears click on the button near the bottom that says "download cab installer" Copy the file to the main memory of your XDA and then double click on it. You will see it install. This has installed the WM5 version on the XDA. Next step is to click on this link http://www.pointui.com/files/tests/1.02b/2003/1/home.ppc2003.zip and download the zip file, this is an archive file and will need to be decompressed if you are using windows XP or vista, or a MAC this will be done when you double click on it and you will see 4 files Home.exe, home.cdl, pointui.cdl and pointui.fonts.cdl these 4 files need to be copied on top of the ones installed by the cab file ie select the 4 files and navigate on the xda to Program files directory, then to pointui directory, then to home 1.02b directory and paste in there. Easiest to do for you using windows fie manager while the XDA is syncing as the xda is visible a drive. Hopefully this makes more sense to you.
After reading the reviews of this I thought it was about time I had a go at changing the xda2i from the original settings it came with nearly 18 months ago. I have to say it is just like have an iPhone now absolutely fantastic interface. Thanks for the simple instructions. Although after several resets of the xda2i nothing happened until I browsed through the folder structure in Program files\pointui\home\1.02b and clicked the home icon, then it sprang in to life. Anyone should be able to follow your instructions with a little knowledge of how to navigate around the xda2i. Thanks for the tutorial.

sloppyno1

Apr 7, 2008
just want to say thank you so much, i'd lost my veiwty and was given this peice of cr*p yesterday but after seeing this site following your instructions the whole package is nearly better than my veiwty. thanks

robsno

Mar 5, 2006
Dorset
Apologies I should have said go to the Program files\pointui\home\1.02b copy the home icon with windows mobile file manager go to windows\startup and paste shortcut then it will start automatically if you reboot.