Search This thread

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
For the people who flashed wrong and lost root and their recovery: (A triangle with an "!")

Press HOME + CAMERA + POWER
Get into FASTBOOT MODE
Make sure you have the android SDK installed
open up command prompt or terminal and type in cd [directory of androidsdk/tools]
place CM recovery 1.4 in the /tools folder
type in fastboot flash recovery cm-recovery-1.4.img
reboot

thank you i was starting to get tired of repeating it. you could try adb root then flash_image shell if you cant/dont know how to fastboot.

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
When I try to open Gmail, Calendar, Market, Settings - Data Synchronization, the screen opens, turns white for a moment, then closes.

I upgraded from 4.1.11 as per the instructions, ran fix permissions, cleared the data in Calendar storage, Calender, Gmail, Google Talk.

Nothing seems to be working yet. I am trying to avoid a wipe for now.

calender, gmail, talk??? those are synced with your account through the cloud. wipe wipe wipe. it will come back.

Jun 17, 2009

flak0

Jan 3, 2009
Pembroke Pines , FL
Enough Already

I hope everyone that has contributed to the 35+ pages is aware that CYANOGEN might move away from XDA. To those that contributed you are so ungrateful for what CYANOGEN has done for all of us. He risked possible litigation for us. CYANOGEN is the savior for android like JC is the savior for Christians. No wonder JC ain't comming back yet. For what. Check out the latest update via twitter:

"Going to move development somewhere other than XDA I think, not a diss on XDA, but 34 pages of the same thing in a couple of hours is much."
http://www.twitter.com/cyanogen

This is probably why Jesus Freke and H left the scene, ungrateful people like you. Moderator please ban these fools....

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
It worked beautifully. I'm very thankful that he made it as easy as he did. I personally was thinking of having to flash, boot up and set up the first ROM, use a tool to backup the google binaries and then having to flash the other ROM and then having to use the tool to restore those apps. This was WAY easier than that. ^_^
So far, stable! Much more stable than even the last build was.

eyesofibad

Aug 29, 2009
On my G1 I lost use-ability of widgets on this build just like I did on 4.1.11.1. They ALL work on 1.6 as I am running them on another build on my MT3G that is 1.6 based also. I know widgets shouldn't be pointed out to you bu
t I have these running on 3 devices and have triple checked. It's not the widgets. Sorry for the bad news.

Thanks again for your hard work!!!

Ditto with the widget troubles on the g1. Everything else is great! WB and thanks!

pep1t0

Jul 21, 2009
I'll look into the Magic issues in a bit.. That's why I didn't call this 4.2 yet :)
If it helps here's the logcat after flashing htcrecovery and cm4.1.99
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): +++ "This is your world, these are your people. You can live for yourself today, or help build tomorrow for everyone."
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): +++ Welcome to Android 1.6 / CyanogenMod-4.1.99
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): --- Loading kernel modules
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): --- Checking filesystems
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): e2fsck 1.41.9 (22-Aug-2009)
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): /dev/block/mmcblk0p2: recovering journal
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): Superblock last mount time (Mon Oct 5 06:02:45 2009,
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): now = Mon Aug 24 21:04:29 2009) is in the future.
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): Fix? yes
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): /dev/block/mmcblk0p2: clean, 10/64384 files, 8463/257040 blocks
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): cp: cannot stat '/data/app-private/*': No such file or directory
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): cp: cannot stat '/data/dalvik-cache/*': No such file or directory
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): +++ Apps-to-SD successfully enabled
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): /system/etc/init.d/05userinit: 14: Syntax error: "fi" unexpected (expecting "then")
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): run-parts: /system/etc/init.d/05userinit exited with code 2
I//system/xbin/busybox( 49): --- Enabling compcache
I/logwrapper( 49): /system/xbin/busybox terminated by exit(1)
I/DEBUG ( 141): debuggerd: Oct 3 2009 23:25:21
I/vold ( 140): Android Volume Daemon version 2.0
I/vold ( 140): New MMC card 'SU04G' (serial 276444197) added @ /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:e0a9
I/vold ( 140): Disk (blkdev 179:0), 7959552 secs (3886 MB) 3 partitions
I/vold ( 140): New blkdev 179.0 on media SU04G, media path /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:e0a9, Dpp 3
I/vold ( 140): Partition (blkdev 179:1), 5767272 secs (2816 MB) type 0xb
I/vold ( 140): New blkdev 179.1 on media SU04G, media path /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:e0a9, Dpp 2
I/vold ( 140): Partition (blkdev 179:2), 2056320 secs (1004 MB) type 0x83
I/vold ( 140): New blkdev 179.2 on media SU04G, media path /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:e0a9, Dpp 1
I/vold ( 140): Partition (blkdev 179:3), 128520 secs (62 MB) type 0x82
I/vold ( 140): New blkdev 179.3 on media SU04G, media path /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:e0a9, Dpp 0
I/vold ( 140): Evaluating dev '/devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host/mmc1/mmc1:e0a9/block/mmcblk0' for mountable filesystems for '/sdcard'
I/vold ( 140): Aborting start of /sdcard (bootstrap = 1)
I/vold ( 140): Volmgr not ready to handle device
D/vold ( 140): Bootstrapping complete
E/flash_image( 147): error opening /data/recovery.img: No such file or directory
D/AKMD ( 149): akmd 1.6.6 START
D/AKMD ( 149): library version: 1.2.1.1129

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
This thread is an absolute mess. I'm temporarily closing it to clean it out. To those who are having problems flashing this, the instructions are simple enough. Many people have even answered it a few times. I'll keep those posts and remove any misinformation.

ivanmmj

Retired Moderator
Jan 3, 2007
For those waiting for the thread to be reopened:
Here are a few clarifications:

The recovery image is NOT a recovery in the meaning of the word we use.
It is NOT to be flashed over your current recovery. It's a ROM. If you flash it like you flash other recovery images, you will break your phone (although, you can probably fast boot everything back.)

I'm still working on cleaning the thread....

EDIT: My desktop BSOD'd.... so I'll have to reopen the thread... I need to fix my desktop first. Darn it....

Last edited:

hinlawrtai

Aug 18, 2009
Bluetooth issue

Cyanogen, you're the best!! I have just installed your latest rom and it runs really smooth on my Dream!!

Here's my question, I can't seem to be able to connect my bluetooth headset with this latest ROM, is that a known issue? It will be great if there is a solution or something that I should do in order to make it work. I believe some people also experience this bluetooth issue? Thanks.

rastacre

Apr 20, 2009
Hi There,

there is a small error in /system/etc/init.d/05userinit:

the code is:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# call a userinit.sh script if it's present on the sdcard
if [ -e /system/sd/userinit.sh ];
then
    echo "--- Executing userinit.sh"
    busybox chmod +x /system/sd/userinit.sh
    /system/bin/sh /system/sd/userinit.sh;
    setprop cm.userinit.active 1;
fi;

if [ -d /system/sd/userinit.d ];
    busybox run-parts /system/sd/userinit.d;
fi;

but should be:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
# call a userinit.sh script if it's present on the sdcard
if [ -e /system/sd/userinit.sh ];
then
    echo "--- Executing userinit.sh"
    busybox chmod +x /system/sd/userinit.sh
    /system/bin/sh /system/sd/userinit.sh;
fi;

if [ -d /system/sd/userinit.d ];
[B]then[/B]
    busybox run-parts /system/sd/userinit.d;
fi;

I get an error at 1st boot:
Code:
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): +++ "This is your world, these are your people. You can live for yourself today, or help build tomorrow for everyone."
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): +++ Welcome to Android 1.6 / CyanogenMod-4.1.99
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): --- Loading kernel modules
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): --- Checking filesystems
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): e2fsck 1.41.9 (22-Aug-2009)
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): G1SD2: recovering journal
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): G1SD2: clean, 3828/128520 files, 239756/514080 blocks
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): cp: cannot stat '/data/dalvik-cache/*': No such file or directory
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): +++ Apps-to-SD successfully enabled
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): --- Executing userinit.sh
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): /system/etc/init.d/05userinit: 14: Syntax error: "fi" unexpected (expecting "then")
I//system/xbin/busybox(   49): run-parts: /system/etc/init.d/05userinit exited with code 2
I/logwrapper(   49): /system/xbin/busybox terminated by exit(1)

cheers

FiFTYSiX

Mar 16, 2009
Stereo Bluetooth is on the fritz with this build...

I get a connection to my car stereo (which connects with 1234 pass very easy even on my other g1 with old skool jf1.5) But there is no sound and the music app will play, but skip every 2-3 seconds, stream furious is fail as well...

would a log help out i dunno if this is a reoccurring prob with the builds r what, I have been using 2 JF1.5's since the beginning of the year never flashed until last week and today...

innerspace

Jun 23, 2009
Welcome back cyanogen!

My experience w/ 4.1.99:

Coming from a stable working build 4.1.11.1

Downloaded "1.6 recovery image" from htc website to sdcard
Downloaded cm4.1.99 to sdcard
rebooted to recovery
did a wipe
flashed "1.6 recovery image"
hit home + back to reboot when prompted
phone installed radio, rebooted, entered recovery image
I flashed cm4.1.99
hit home + back to reboot

at this point the G1 took approx. 10 minutes to boot, half on the G1 logo, half on the cyanogized Android logo. USB wasn't recognized, logcat/lolcat stuck at "waiting for device".

After phone finally booted I was presented with the initial "tap here to continue screen" and a ton of FC's.

Did 3 Finger salute and entered recovery, entered console, mounted sdcard, chmod'd fix_permissions_1.29.txt and ran it.

rebooted, lolcat worked this time, still a slow boot, lots of time on DexOpt but phone boots fine. I noticed the same behavior on 4.1.11.1

Got NO FC's this time. Signed in and synced and away we go!

I really appreciate all your time, effort etc. cyanogen. Thanks for taking one for the team and responding in such a rational and level-headed manner. And thanks for helping make Android what it should be for all of us who care. Really do appreciate all your hard work. I will report back with my experiences after the drive home.

quakermaas

Sep 5, 2009
Munich (Bavaria)
Even Better Than Ever !!!!! Great Job Cyanogen !!!!

All seems good so far, other than End Button Behavior, "Home, then sleep" still no worky.

I just installed over the top of 4.1.11.1, no wipe, Installed HTC 1.6, Installed 4.1.99, when booted had to install HTC_IME.apk to stop the force close.
Everything seems to be working great after that and fix_permissions, no lag to home screen, every thing is how it was, with the 4.1.11.1(wallpaper,setting,he-areo v1.5 theme) :)

Big Thanks to Cyanogen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now that the dust has settled, it's time for a new CM build..

This is a heavily modified version of AOSP 1.6 without the proprietary bits (which will back up your proprietary bits and restore them after installing the ROM). In order to get up and running the first time, you'll need to follow some simple instructions. A great set of documentation has been put together by the community at the CyanogenMod Wiki. Everything you need to know is there!

But first..

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

The Android devices we own come with many files that can't be redistributed legally, and as you all probably know, I can no longer include these with my ROMs. So, in order to get up and running, you'll need a compatible device with a compatible ROM.

Installation Guide @ CyanogenMod Wiki:: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Main_Page#How_do_I_upgrade_to_the_latest_CyanogenMod.3F

IF HTC Touch Input Force Closes: install file below =)

* UNIVERSAL! Runs on both Dream and Magic 32B
    * Based on Android 1.6, many bugfixes and enhancements from AOSP, XDA, and me
    * Custom art and wallpapers from Prash
    * Highly optimized kernel with many extra modules
    * Enhanced ramdisk which uses optimal mount options and smart startup
    * Includes E2FSProgs for checking and converting Ext filesystems
    * Apps2SD is automatic! All you need is a second partition (ext).
    * Launcher with 5 screens and auto-orientation and compact drawer layout
    * 360 degree auto-orientation thanks to Optedoblivion
    * Clean filesystem shutdown at poweroff/reboot, and fsck at boot (no FS corruption!)
    * Includes Amazon MP3 store, and Work Email (MS Exchange support)
    * Does not require "DangerSPL"
    * Includes a massive APN list
    * Maximum CPU scaling frequency set to 528MHz with latency tweaks
    * Various enhancements to the Settings app including extra partition space
    * System dex cache moved to /cache to save 30mb on /data
    * Phone app enhancements by cytown
    * MMS enhancements from rgv151
    * FLAC audio support thanks to kroot
    * Bluetooth OBEX support from Erin Yueh
    * Contacts app enhancements by ChainsDD and Wysie
    * USB tethering support (kernel code ported by Zinx)
    * Commandline extras: bash, lsof, powertop, htop, nano, busybox
    * Ability to lock home app in memory (control in Spare Parts app)
    * Eclair graphics, apps, and other guts
    * Multitouch browser and gallery
    * Music and DeskClock apps from Eclair

Code Repository on Github: http://github.com/cyanogen

Visit our new forum for all the latest updates and downloads!

Stop by #cyanogenmod on irc.freenode.net!
    can anyone tell me how to install the bfs image?
    I'm up and running! You guys are awesome!
    Glad to hear you got it going ...... now drink a beer or sparkling water ..whatever your fancy
    That makes sense to me. But its a paid app so I don't think the author would post the apk on his site. But anyway, its just a Task manager. I can always use another one. Just that Advanced Task Manager worked best.

But 4.2.3.1 worked beautifully except for that one app and for the fact that after installing 2-3 apps, I have to restart phone or I get the 'Installation Error' problem.
    You could wait for an update. My market let me install some of the protected apps I lost when I wiped my ext3 when there were updates (before that the buttons for open and uninstall were greyed out).
    HTC 1.6 Base images

...A.K.A HTC "Recovery images"

Guys I know there are new links up and live, but I thought I might add a few more for convenience and diversity (uploaded to RS).
    I know the ADP one works for sure and is rooted.
    The Dream one is the one that's been floating around, and is also available here

HTC Dream image
    md5sum: b3e12b004c155761a10b1a848288e0c3

HTC ADP image (rooted base)
    md5sum: 9725b0334de45d678221b626f90e6703

They will be available as long as I maintain my RS account, so till January 21st for sure. Let's hope we don't need them anymore by that time ;)