S4 Mini i9190 root done - I confirm

Search This thread

LibyaDroid

Jul 31, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Dear i9190 owners

I have applied the root method of the i9195 to my i9190 and the root suceeded. use the same files and the same recovery but apply the su application using recovery instead downloading it from the market.
My i9190 now is rooted and works perfectly.

kind regards

Update:

after you install the kernel and recovery and the su app you might get an annoying message saying : Detection Information - The device has detected an application attempting unpermitted actions. To protect your device, it is recommended you reboot"

to stop this message from appearing do this :

1. Use File Manager with root explorer instead and mount SYSTEM as WRITABLE.
2. Go to: /data/data/ look for com.sec.knox.seandroid and rename it to 000.knox.seandroid or whathever you wish.. Same thing applies to com.sec.knox.store
3. Go to: /system/app/ and DELETE: KNOXAgent.apk, KNOXAgent.odex, KNOXStore.apk, KNOXStore.odex
4. Restart

Last edited:

Timsung

Apr 4, 2012
Tips? Help plz

Dear i9190 owners

I have applied the root method of the i9195 to my i9190 and the root suceeded. use the same files and the same recovery but apply the su application using recovery instead downloading it from the market.

kind regards

Yeah, i dit the same, even tried the files (from todat) at development forum.
Everything workes fine, until today. (before and after folloing the new guide) same problem.
My locksreen hangs and give me "wait" or "ok" choice, all the time. Programs that worked before begin to fail me, hangs and not work.
No sound from spotify, etc.
Dont know what to do, i have restarted my phone, i had a full wipe. sad, cant do anything almost.

Any tips?

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Just to be sure, Timsung, did you apply the 9195 root on the 9190?

LibyaDroid

Jul 31, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Yeah, i dit the same, even tried the files (from todat) at development forum.
Everything workes fine, until today. (before and after folloing the new guide) same problem.
My locksreen hangs and give me "wait" or "ok" choice, all the time. Programs that worked before begin to fail me, hangs and not work.
No sound from spotify, etc.
Dont know what to do, i have restarted my phone, i had a full wipe. sad, cant do anything almost.

Any tips?

I applied the root of this thread exactly and didn't see any troubles. [RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195)
my phone works perfectly and rooted and has recovery.

I think you need to flash stock firmware and apply the root again from the above thread of i9195

by the way .. after the root if you download the su application from the play store it will not work. you need to flash it through recovery.

avicohh

Dec 8, 2009
Modiin
iandroid.co.il
I checked recently the recovery/boot files of both models I9190 and I9195.
The partitions is exactly the same, and the addres of them too. (mmcblkxx)
it's also the same harware except the nfc and the lte, so there is nothing to fear.

Reactions: Whosat

resys

Sep 2, 2013
Hello,

I intend to purchase a S4 Mini and turn it "Google Edition", but I have some questions regarding it.

What implications does it have? I assume the touchwiz specific functions will not work, but will the phone/android specific functions work? GPS, navigation, google maps, etc?
Can the functionality of the camera and music player be improved with apps (like more camera options that touchwiz has, but not a Google edition)? I'd like to use the active notification app, will I be able to?

Since Android is free, will I get the latest automated updates as soon as it hits the Nexus?

Here is the rooting tutorial, does it tell all that is to know?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2364980

This tutorial has a video, but is for the i9505, can it still be used as a guideline?
http://www.technobuffalo.com/videos/how-to-turn-a-galaxy-s4-into-a-google-edition-phone/

Last edited:

Whosat

May 9, 2013
There isn't a Google edition rom for the S4 Mini. You should just flash CyanogenMod 10.1 on it if you want something like that. All the functions you mentioned are working on CM10.1.

The camera in Google stock roms (upon which CM is based) has less features than the Samsung stock camera.

The activenotification app works fine on CM. TouchWiz is the interface used in Samsung stock roms and does not exist on these custom roms based on the Google stock roms.

resys

Sep 2, 2013
Thanks. What I mean to say is that I want to install stock Google android (4.3) on the phone and get rid of touchwiz. I need to get more information about CyanogenMod to decide,
I'm sure it has neat features, but all I need really is a phone the size of the S4 mini and to run stock android on it (hence my decision to go with it, otherwise I could buy one of the google edition phones right away). I just wondered if it still has stuff like navigation and if the camera would work normally and such. Also whether I would get the automatic updates of android or am stuck with the version I installed.

resys

Sep 2, 2013
The one I'm getting is LTE.

So with the CyanogenMod I can still have that pure stock Google android look, but can change themes and stuff? Having choices and options is great but I want that pure and simple 100% stock android look.

I wonder how stable it is and how do I update that? Do I need to flash it each time? Stock android gets automatic updates, but if I use CM, than I don't want to fiddle around with installing updates again risking data and the phone.

I see 10.2 (4.3) is out.

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Custom roms need to be tailored for each phone. There is only 10.1 available for the GT-I9195 for now. Support for 10.2 will come later when 10.1 is more stable.

There are automatic update notifications for updates to CyanogenMod. The latest builds commonly are based on the latest version of that Android release available on open source.

Incremental CyanogenMod updates don't wipe your data.

Reactions: resys

resys

Sep 2, 2013
I put CM10.1 on it. I love the stock google look, so much more pleasant. The set of options is great.

Thanks to arco68 for the rooting tutorial and you for the rom installation.

I didn't backup the previous rom though, is there a way to reset it if necessary?

resys

Sep 2, 2013
Is there a way to use the "System/Notification drawer/Widget buttons" on the "Lock screen/Slider shortcuts"?

I'd like to use the "Go to sleep" function by sliding the lock screen to the left to shut off the screen as opposed to sliding it left to unlock.

I tried some lock screen apps. Two work excellent, just as I want, but the one wakes screen up right after shutting it and the other stays open as app in the background. A third works but not so great.

shoikot333

Dec 20, 2013
having problem

Dear i9190 owners

kind regards

Update:

after you install the kernel and recovery and the su app you might get an annoying message saying : Detection Information - The device has detected an application attempting unpermitted actions. To protect your device, it is recommended you reboot"

2. Go to: /data/data/ look for com.sec.knox.seandroid and rename it to 000.knox.seandroid or whathever you wish.. Same thing applies to com.sec.knox.store
3. Go to: /system/app/ and DELETE: KNOXAgent.apk, KNOXAgent.odex, KNOXStore.apk, KNOXStore.odex
4. Restart

it shows this!!!!what can i do????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear i9190 owners

kind regards

Update:

4. Restart
    I checked recently the recovery/boot files of both models I9190 and I9195.
    The partitions is exactly the same, and the addres of them too. (mmcblkxx)
    it's also the same harware except the nfc and the lte, so there is nothing to fear.
    Are you planning to get the LTE version? CyanogenMod 10.1 is currently only available on the LTE model.

You should read about what CyanogenMod is about @ http://www.cyanogenmod.org/about

I feel that it suits your needs :)
    Custom roms need to be tailored for each phone. There is only 10.1 available for the GT-I9195 for now. Support for 10.2 will come later when 10.1 is more stable.

There are automatic update notifications for updates to CyanogenMod. The latest builds commonly are based on the latest version of that Android release available on open source.

Incremental CyanogenMod updates don't wipe your data.