[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [i605]

Search This thread

CarbonROM

Mar 30, 2013
carbonrom.org
About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [i605], ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
CarbonDev, BigShotRob22, slick_rick
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-25
Last Updated 2014-06-07

Wickedares

Feb 8, 2012
Downloaded this rom this morning, no hiccups thus far. Its real nice to have carbon back on the I605! Thanks!

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Oh snap thanks for the release! Havent used carbon in a long time excited to give it a shot :D. I'll run it for a while and will report back with any bugs. Good work! :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

EDIT. Working great! All features have been working as advertised, noticed a couple of things. Speaker volume is very low, probably a cm thing. Also for those of you who use agni kernel I was having difficulty installing it on this ROM. Stock kernel running fine. Good work with this easily acceptable as a daily driver

Last edited:

WeThePeople13

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks...... art is what makes me love 4.4.2. I will stick with where I am at now then. Thanks bro!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

CyD13

Jan 29, 2010
Love this! But I couldn't get root after an install. Titanium backup wouldn't work! :[

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Last edited:

CyD13

Jan 29, 2010
Awesome that worked for me. Now that everything is working, some things aren't working lol. On a clean install, themes provider is force closing, and I'm getting some random reboots. Other than that it's pretty solid!

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Awesome that worked for me. Now that everything is working, some things aren't working lol. On a clean install, themes provider is force closing, and I'm getting some random reboots. Other than that it's pretty solid!

Good to hear. I don't personally use theme checker so I can't chime in on that, but I'm yet to have a reboot. Check to see if you have a bad download. Download the app in the playstore "md5 checker" and load your zip in there. Here's my md5 (not official one) and see if they match.

76cb40584037c62b0627242538f7543e

I simply did the basic wipe in twrp, installed the ROM, and then installed the paranoid android 0 day minimal gapps. Good luck :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

synapsesboob

May 16, 2013
Omfg! Awesome! Downloading now. Guess I'm back to dual booting on devil to ride the Carbon gravy train.

spy9000

Dec 19, 2012
Why am I left with no signal after installing any 4.4 rom? As soon as I go back, I'm fine.

CyD13

Jan 29, 2010
Good to hear. I don't personally use theme checker so I can't chime in on that, but I'm yet to have a reboot. Check to see if you have a bad download. Download the app in the playstore "md5 checker" and load your zip in there. Here's my md5 (not official one) and see if they match.

76cb40584037c62b0627242538f7543e

I simply did the basic wipe in twrp, installed the ROM, and then installed the paranoid android 0 day minimal gapps. Good luck :)

I don't use theme checker either, but every once in a while the force close message pops up anyway. The md5 is the same. Unfortunately the reboots are happening a lot, almost always when I turn the screen off. I have to go back to CM for now but I'll be keeping my eye on this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [i605], ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    CarbonDev, BigShotRob22, slick_rick
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-25
    Last Updated 2014-06-07
    Theme manager was force closing for me as well... I had to go back to an old version of gummy for now. It seems as the newest gummys are doing it as well... weird

You try clearing data on theme chooser? Someone donated a Note 2 to Carbon but it has a locked Bootloader. So I'm trying to find someone that will trade me a Note 2 that hasn't been updated to 4.3. Sucks because I can't really troubleshoot any issues since I can only root the device :banghead:

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app
    Has anyone been able to get the backlight for the keys to say permanently off? I have it disabled but they still light up every time, not a huge deal but just wanted to get some feedback.

System Settings > Carbon Fibers > Device Tunables > Advanced Settings > Screen

its at the bottom of screen under Touchkeys, just untick the backlight option....

I found 2 ways of doing it and it looks like you found the 1st which doesn't work, the one I described I think takes precedence.
    Is art working proper?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

It's not. Boot-loop until you clean install. Seems to be the norm for custom roms now :p
    Anybody know where to download the best or latest version of Carbon Rom for i605 kitkat, or Lineage OS for I605 any link or help would be appreciated the links in this thread are broken and I don't know the file names to be able to search elsewhere.