[DEV] Galaxy Mini/Pop Plus Development - GT-S5570I

Search This thread

EVIL THOR

Jul 4, 2012
Maybe you should check the rom you installed,have someone flashed it successfully??

Sent from my GT-S5570I using xda app-developers app

I've already written in the previous comment that i've the stock rom, and no i don't know if someone has flashed successfully.

Sent with my Evil GT-S5570 from Hell

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
No i use the normal galaxy mini gt-s5570 in fact i've downloaded the cwm from a link posted in the comments that is the link of official site of rom manager with the cwm for galaxy mini and i think that is the same for both gt-s5570 & gt-s5570i because on site there was only galaxy mini, but the problem is that i've tried to flash from recovery and the flash is start but then the recovery it is freeze and i've due reboot the device, i have stock rom and recovery and sincerely i don't know much about how install the cwm, is the first time that i try to install the cwm, in the zip package of cwm is all right because i've already checked but the flash from recovery not works...

Sent with my Evil GT-S5570 from Hell

The CWM may be the same but the two phones internally are very different. The GT-S5570I is much more like the Galaxy Y (they have the same CPU) than the Mini GT-S5570.

Unfortunately the mods didn't make a forum section for the Pop Plus so all we have is this single thread. You will have better luck asking in another thread for the Mini in this same section.

kissingmylove

Jun 26, 2012
Hue
The CWM may be the same but the two phones internally are very different. The GT-S5570I is much more like the Galaxy Y (they have the same CPU) than the Mini GT-S5570.

Unfortunately the mods didn't make a forum section for the Pop Plus so all we have is this single thread. You will have better luck asking in another thread for the Mini in this same section.

Can we ask mod to give us a section for pop plus??

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
Can we ask mod to give us a section for pop plus??

Sure we can, I just don't know how! :D

Actually I've read that the forum should change. They are testing the beta. Maybe they are postponing the new less popular phones waiting for the new site. It's still a bit of a shame, though. This is generating quite some confusion.

mkajkut123

Jun 17, 2012
So, should this work with mini plus? I have tried to flash this CWM on my mini plus, and I got CWM recovery, but when I rebooted into recovery again, it was normal recovery. :confused:

D

dbtvillanueva

So, should this work with mini plus? I have tried to flash this CWM on my mini plus, and I got CWM recovery, but when I rebooted into recovery again, it was normal recovery. :confused:

I got that problem too but everytime I flash a custom rom , I have to flash CWM first.

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
The CWM we've got for the Mini Plus is not flashable, And IMO it is better it isn't. I hard bricked a Mini because something went wrong with the CWM. Just apply the CWM before doing any installation. It just takes few seconds.

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
Never mind. It seems had to push the upper right button.

Anyway, I flashed it with CWM over the Repencis ROM. But it didn't stick. Do we have to flash it with Odin? If so, as a PDA?

Last edited:

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
No, it is a flashable zip from recovery not for odin

Yeah, I think I know why the kernel didn't work on my phone. It seems my /system partition is formatted as ext4 (which is bugged in this kernel). I used the CWM format utility in the past. Also after flashing it with CWM the /system was just corrupted, so I reformatted it again with CWM, Any idea how to format /system back to rfs fast? I am going to reinstall the stock ROM for it, but it is a PITA.

D

dbtvillanueva

Next released project: px-recovery with permanent clockworkmod
more info:
Here

its easy to use splitFUS, just follow its instruction.

hey how do i flash this?
through stock? or through cwm?

EDIT:
flashed this on stock recovery and everything works fine!!!
great work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do not try to flash mini KERNEL/ROM/RECOVERY in a plus device. Most probably you will soft/brick your device.

mini/pop plus have few different hardware parts and nand structure. here is some plus hardware specs. ODIN not detecting plus device. Reply if anyone have more information and developing.

Attached working root and cwm zip files.
    Recovery Mode: Volume Up + Home + Power
    Download Mode: Volume Down + Home + Power

Processor: ARMv6 rev 5 - 832Mhz
    RAM : 362 MB - 72MB Reserved
    GPU : Broadcom Videocore 4
    NAND : 512MB
    system : stl9 - 225MB
    cache : stl10 - 35MB
    data : stl11 -189MB

rtj4w2.png
    j0jtdd.png
    dz8bab.png

Unbrick S5570I

HOW TO UNBRICK

This is a tutorial that got my Galaxy Mini Plus/Turbo Unbricked
    1. Download this: S5570I.rar

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ct2k0ujc4ys9z7

Extract it (WinRaR)
    2. Open Odin3_v1.84.exe
    3. Press PIT and choose tassve_0623.pit
    4. Press BOOTLOADER and choose DefaultCalData....
    5. Press PDA and choose PDA_S5570I....
    6. Press PHONE and choose MODEM_S5570I....
    7. Press CSC and choose GT-S5570I-MULTI....
    8. Shut down your phone if it isn't
    9. Reboot it in ODIN Mode (Volume Down + Home + Power)
    10. Press Volume Up to enter The Odin Download Mode
    11. Now the ODIN should recognize your phone (Yellow text comes up in the program LEFT upper corner
    12. Press start
    13. Wait for it to finish, it should pop up a blue message RESET and then PASS in green.
    14. You're done
    READ: After you unbrick it, your phone is in italian. To fix this, press the right button after you boot up your phone, then choose preferred language.
    Enjoy

TESTED & WORKING
    Well, here it is. The regular disclaimers: I take no responsibility for bricked, semi-bricked, quarter-bricked and otherwise non-functional devices. Your choices, your risk. I don't take any credit for the build itself, just for ripping it off the phone, packaging and sorting out various mishaps in it - credits for the ROM itself go to someone in Samsung IL or their importer labs, I guess. Credits for update.zip template go to sajidmkhan and his HYBRID ROM.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    ROM Base: native GINGERBREAD.IXXKL4 build.
    All the HW should be functional.

Version 1.0:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?a0ojod38owkeqsv
    Description:
    This is a stock deodexed rooted ROM (old Superuser - I'll try to update to SuperSU if I get to fix Email.apk), includes RTL patch - Hebrew/Arabic should work fine. Doesn't include Email.apk, which crashes. Otherwise everything looks functional.

Version 1.1:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?vfl7aersaxyvdmx
    Changes: fixed and added Email.apk (MS Exchange support), fixed SU access, changed to SuperSU, added sysrw/sysro scripts, removed Perfect Keyboard, sorted out updater-script.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions:

1. Put the file on your SD card.

2. Boot to stock recovery:
    Power down the phone.
    Press and hold VolUp + Home.
    Press and release Power.
    Recovery should load.
    Release Home.
    Release VolUp.​

3. Choose "wipe data/factory reset". It'll erase all user data. This step is MANDATORY.

3. Choose "flash update.zip", and select the file on the SD card.
    Stock recovery accepts unsigned files.​

DON'T use CWM recovery - it doesn't flash anything!
    updated 1st post with working root and cwm zip files and benchmark screen shots.
    Checked Galaxy Y custom ROM on Mini Plus.

Results:
    ADB works.
    Screen works.
    Buttons work.
    WiFi doesn't work.
    Orientation sensor is shifted 90% right.
    GPS works.
    USB Mass Storage works.
    Sleep mode restarts the thing.

I also have a custom deodexed 2.3.6 for Galaxy Mini backed up. Missing boot.img though. And boot.img of Galaxy Y is most likely responsible for WiFi and orientation sensor failures.

Looks like I can create a ROM ZIP that will have some, if not all, functionality.

Will update soon.

P.S. CWM in first post doesn't help much - it can't flash anything, only back up.