[Q] Another boot loop...Assistance much appreciated!!

Search This thread

bullpen7979

Feb 10, 2011
Allen TX
I have researched, and I could not quite find what to do at this point.

HTC Evo 4g. Rooted, running synergy happily. My batteries have been steadily dying faster....anyway....

I noticed this morning that it was stuck in a boot loop of sorts. It would reboot (white screen), then the synergy rom loading screen, then would come up to my home screen, all icons intact. For about 8 seconds. Then, the process would repeat.

OK, I thought. I will simply reboot into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, and re-flash the rom. Yeah. OK. Good plan.

Did all that. Synergy seemed to install fine. Except I'm stuck with the same problem. (after scrubbing all my data)

I'm not sure how to proceed to try and save the phone at this point.

I did also drop a copy of the Vaelpak rom on the SD card.....

Try flashing that? Other suggestions?

IDRFT95S14

Oct 1, 2010
Conroe TX.
www.facebook.com
What recovery do you have ? If your running one of the Amon recoveries all you gotta do is plug your Usb to the computer to your phone and in recovery look for the toggle Usb option which will let you download any file ,this is your chance to try another Rom ,synergy is very outdated may be why is giving you problems ,id recommend you getting Heaven v7.77 Rom from Digital Karma

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

amichaeliii

Jul 19, 2012
have you checked with the thread that you got the rom from if anyone else has had that problem? also you might want to check if partitioning your sdcard was recommended. sometimes that can be part of the problem.

bullpen7979

Feb 10, 2011
Allen TX
Thanks all; I ended up having an older 1.something Vaelpak rom on the card. I am kicking aroud which rom to reflash now as the vaelpak rom (my version is also outdated) and has a few glitches, but overall, it works & I have my phone back. Just as a follow up question, in order to flash new rom, all I need to do is boot into CWM recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik cache, and reflash, correct? Is that pretty much the procedure with any of the custom roms?