[Video tour] Facebook Messenger 1.0 Tour (+ Download)

Search This thread

96edwy

Mar 1, 2009
Blackpool
Ok, ok... Seems to be a lil' bit retard.. There are LOTS of apps on the market that do this.. Anyways...

you are completely right, lots of apps allow you to connect to facebook and read chat messages. The best thing about this app is that its an official application from facebook, so theres more likely to be less bugs as they know their own system and API's better than anyone else, also any new features for messaging and chat are more than likely gonna show up in their official app before they do on any third party one.

sanjed

Sep 29, 2010
you are completely right, lots of apps allow you to connect to facebook and read chat messages. The best thing about this app is that its an official application from facebook, so theres more likely to be less bugs as they know their own system and API's better than anyone else, also any new features for messaging and chat are more than likely gonna show up in their official app before they do on any third party one.

an official app from facebook that's not on the market, with a link to mediafire.... ok.

*damo*

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2011
Cambridge
i like this but tbh i cant really see the difference between this and the messages section of the full app :p and how come this isnt on the market if its official?

choppah

Apr 20, 2011
Eastbourne
its abit like the fact that facebook itself wasnt available out of the university it was created in until they had it running right, ther for they are obviously testing it in america before making it a worldwide app... seems like a gd app could do with a few tweeks tho... thanks for the share most interestin...

I don't see how this is official... The logo is Messenger. That's totally not Facebook.
Also, I've tested with MarketEnabler for various countries and with none of them have I found Facebook Messenger, letalone an official-looking one.
Prove to me that it's official and I might give it my details.
Also, asking for an email address and password instead of using Facebook Connect?
I smell a rat.

HunnyBearLewis

Mar 21, 2011
Alright, this should settle any doubts.

I was skeptical that it was worthy of dl'ing if I already have the normal Facebook app...but I dig it. It's nice to Log Out of the Facebook Official and just use the messenger.

20110823_181138.jpg

ryan1mcq

May 5, 2011
Dunfermline
Hey 96edwy, nice find dude.... does this work well phone to phone/phone to comp? i tried go! chat for facebook the other day, but seemed to get no reply from anyone lol, go! shows whos online and stuff though but meh :/

mmidgley

Apr 25, 2006
why separate?

why did fb release this as a separate app? shouldn't this just replace the messaging part of the regular fb app? :mad:

m.

Last edited:

akbarhash

Aug 8, 2011
Muscat
For those people who cant seem to find it with market enabler,
1. try market access.

2. the new market(the one with the black background) does not show the apps which are not available for your country, even though it show the currency symbol according to the country selected in enabler(or access).

Work around is here
I use a simple method, which works very well, and so far has not had a down side:

1) Using Titanium Backup (Or another app that lets you do this) either Freeze (Paid app) or Backup, then delete Market Update (Free App)
2) Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, and scroll down to market, and select
3) Uninstall updates from Market

This is very easy to do, and you may be able to use other freeze or backup apps to achieve the same result. Also note, no reboot required.

After getting old market back, use market enabler(access), select any US carrier and search for facebook messenger.

P.S. one simple way to see if your new market is showing the blocked apps is to search for some popular app which is blocked in your country like pandora. It will show up in search suggestions but not in search result...

P.S.2 I hope this is clear.

Top Liked Posts