[KERNEL][DEV] ICS CAF Kernel 3.0.x

Search This thread

ivendor

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 10, 2009
Rome
twitter.com
This is the thread for the kernel i've developed with arco. He has ported the CAF MSM kernel 3.0.x (branch ics-chocolate) for Samsung Galaxy W, i've ported the ariesve devices and board to his kernel. The aim is to have a single kernel for Galaxy S Plus (ariesve board), Galaxy W (ancora board) and Exhibit 2 4G (ancora_tmo board).
Arco started his porting from CAF MSM kernel so we can keep our kernel updated with CAF releases more easily, starting from jellybean and all project butter stuffs (hardware vsync,etc...).
But first all we must make this kernel complete. So i report the toolchain i'm using, and the current todo/bug list.

Toolchain: GCC 4.6 from jellybean CM10 (however you could use gcc 4.4 from CM9 flawlessly)

Working List:
-3G & Calls
-Audio
-Battery
-Touchscreen
-Touch keypad
-Wifi
-Bluetooth
-Accelerometer
-Light sensor
-Proximity Sensor
-Orientation Sensor
-Digital Compass
-Vibration
-GPS
-Display

Partially Working:
-USB**
- Camera (work completely only the front camera, the back camera work only preview and 480p video)

*The display is working except for offline charging animation and startup static bootlogo
** For USB i must test mass storage and mtp mode recompiling the ROM with new device files and sysfs parameters, so i must test it!

You can submit your patches/enanchment to my Github

I've already submitted on github the changes i've made to device configurations files for CM9, so you could start from there.

Of course, this thread is for developer only atm, it's not complete for normal usage.

A little personal note: without the wonderful work done by arco, I would have never thought that i could succeed in this initial porting (I probably would never have started this whole thing).

Screenshot:
screenshot2012101520515.png

Last edited:

ivendor

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 10, 2009
Rome
twitter.com
Where to download it?:d

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Where can i download it?:d

A little test build, in this phase i will not public frequent builds, this thread is for developers so everyone can download, enhance and compile my sources.

Attachments

• update-signed.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 855

ntdetect

Jan 6, 2012
so it's true... the kernel boots!! it's awesome!! :victory::laugh:

that means we will have better performance, drivers etc.

Arco & Ivendor Rocks!! :good:

czobor

Oct 31, 2011
Győr
I think you see what's the problem.

Tapatalk 2-vel küldve az én GT-I9001-ről

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350361912066.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350361912066.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,637
  • uploadfromtaptalk1350361984074.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350361984074.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,573
Reactions: adomm420

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the thread for the kernel i've developed with arco. He has ported the CAF MSM kernel 3.0.x (branch ics-chocolate) for Samsung Galaxy W, i've ported the ariesve devices and board to his kernel. The aim is to have a single kernel for Galaxy S Plus (ariesve board), Galaxy W (ancora board) and Exhibit 2 4G (ancora_tmo board).
    Arco started his porting from CAF MSM kernel so we can keep our kernel updated with CAF releases more easily, starting from jellybean and all project butter stuffs (hardware vsync,etc...).
    But first all we must make this kernel complete. So i report the toolchain i'm using, and the current todo/bug list.

Toolchain: GCC 4.6 from jellybean CM10 (however you could use gcc 4.4 from CM9 flawlessly)

Working List:
    -3G & Calls
    -Audio
    -Battery
    -Touchscreen
    -Touch keypad
    -Wifi
    -Bluetooth
    -Accelerometer
    -Light sensor
    -Proximity Sensor
    -Orientation Sensor
    -Digital Compass
    -Vibration
    -GPS
    -Display

Partially Working:
    -USB**
    - Camera (work completely only the front camera, the back camera work only preview and 480p video)

*The display is working except for offline charging animation and startup static bootlogo
    ** For USB i must test mass storage and mtp mode recompiling the ROM with new device files and sysfs parameters, so i must test it!

You can submit your patches/enanchment to my Github

I've already submitted on github the changes i've made to device configurations files for CM9, so you could start from there.

Of course, this thread is for developer only atm, it's not complete for normal usage.

A little personal note: without the wonderful work done by arco, I would have never thought that i could succeed in this initial porting (I probably would never have started this whole thing).

Screenshot:
    screenshot2012101520515.png
    Updates:

I've pushed fixes for camera in ics-3.0 branch, and i'm pushing the new jb-3.0-pmem branch. It's so-called because i've reverted the initial support of arco for ION allocator, in order to have camera proper working with old PMEM allocator.
    Is the msm-CodeAurora tree not usable for our i9001 ?

This is already a CAF (Code Aurora Forum)-derived kernel, for the moment i'll try to fix the ics_chocolate branch, when finished we can switch to other branches (jb_mr1_chocolate for example) and so on...

However BIG update, Camera is now partially working:

- Front camera is completely working (video and snapshot)
    - Back camera is working partially (no snapshot, no 720p video)

I'm backporting the old camera drivers to the new kernel, the job is almost completed.
    Little update, i've updated the VOIP Patches with lastest fixes backported from kernel 2.6.35 and i've pushed the fix for clock errors in dmesg.
    I'm working on the camera...
    Update: i've committed some changes from arco with fixes for display and some changes made by me that fixes orientation sensor (digital compass applications should be working now).