[Q] French Motorola Defy+ with UK Retail ROM no connection to O2

Search This thread

andyb2174

Jan 3, 2014
Belfast
Hi guys & girls,

My daughter keeps wrecking smartphones and so we got her a Motorola Defy+(PAYG). It was bought new and unlocked with the French Retail ROM and once i put in the SIM(O2-UK) and tried to top-up her credit(4444) it would not dial out and did not give any problem message. I also tried to ring her number from my phone which came up with "it has not been possible to connect your call - please try again later" message.

I did a hard reset and got the same problem so I downloaded the latest UK Retail ROM from XDA(this went on no problem) and tried again - Same problem. The box states it is for use in EU & UK/IE so this cannot be a problem.

I have the correct APN settings and have tried 2 other O2 SIMs but still the same problem exists??!!

The only thing i think it could be is a hardware fault and i need to send the phone back.

Everything else works fine WiFi, GPS etc etc.

Apologies for the long winded explanation but i thought you would get more responses this way :highfive:

Any assistance would be of utmost value as im stuck with a daughter needing her mobile like yesterday!! :eek:

thekguy

Nov 13, 2009
Mumbai
The ril bug is present in the stock rom, which is responsible for this issue. The fix for this is board replacement. Alternatively you could try cm7, which will give you an error confirming the issue, and may even fix it

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: andyb2174

andyb2174

Jan 3, 2014
Belfast
The ril bug is present in the stock rom, which is responsible for this issue. The fix for this is board replacement. Alternatively you could try cm7, which will give you an error confirming the issue, and may even fix it

Thanks for you for the speedy response 'K Guy' I have messaged the seller and await his waffle before i get my money back. I would try CM7 if it was my phone but i'll wait to get my money back first.

Is there a phone similar to the Defy+ which my daughter wouldn't break in 5 minutes because i take it the ril bug would affect all Defy+ mobiles??

Once again thanks for your input :victory:

thekguy

Nov 13, 2009
Mumbai
The closest would be one of those Xperia models, but nothing beats the indestructible defy. I have personally dropped mine 85854 times:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.