[CM7][UNOFFICIAL][NOV10] temasek's UNOFFICIAL BUILD 135.4 - FINAL RELEASE

Search This thread

Trystan34

Jan 3, 2012
To flash KANG BUILD P204-33. Do I need to wipe for custom kernel?

I need to install:
Kang
Gapps
ironkernelPSUV

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Err who doesn't wants the thanks meter? But only thanks when its deserved. :)

Appreciate your considerations and thoughtfulness.

Btw I'm starring at the open commits again.......... *hint*

EDIT: Nah joking.....I'll have a rest. Tomorrow my wife's birthday so have fun guys!! I'll feast on your behalf. :D

lol. Stop looking at the commits and pour all that attention to your wife for tomorrow.

Wishing your wife a happy birthday. Have a fun day!

Reactions: temasek

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
To flash KANG BUILD P204-33. Do I need to wipe for custom kernel?

I need to install:
Kang
Gapps
ironkernelPSUV

No.

If u already on cm7/kang, just flash kang then custom kernel. Gapps not required as it will be backup/restored during kang flashing.

When u flash cm build, the following will take place ...
1. A script will be called upon to backup pre-defined gapps which are on your /system/app.
2. Also it will backup whatever u define in a custom_backup_list.txt which is located in your /system/etc.
3. Once both pre-defined gapps and custom list of files are backup, it will perform a format of /system partition
4. When format completes, it will start copying files into your /system partition.
5. Lastly it will restore pre-defined gapps and custom files which is defined by u to its rightful place.

Cm rom comes with its own kernel so if u wish to have a custom kernel, just flash it after u flash cm build.

Fyi

Last edited:
Reactions: salisbury_steak

Trystan34

Jan 3, 2012
Thank you. I flashed new kang and then kernel and now its stuck on cyanogenmod loading screen. (arrows going round and round for ever)

Trystan34

Jan 3, 2012
ClockworkMod Recovery latest

EDIT: I tried twice and then left the battery out tried it again and its booted up.
Wow nothing was deleted.
Is there a way to check which kang you on using phone?

Last edited:

PykaTux

Jul 25, 2010
Hi thanks for this kang build but I have some problems.

I was using CM nightly few weeks ago and then I installed MIUI. Now I wanted to install your build. Everything works OK except my home and search buttons are not working.

I tried wiping and installing again and it does not work. It just vibrates. Please help. Thanks

EDIT: I don't know what happened but suddenly after 2 days it works. :D I hate these problems when I write to forum that I have this problem and right after I click submit message...it works.

Last edited:

aksolanki

Mar 14, 2011
Lugo, Italy.
www.thisiswhatwedo.com
The eternal (and boring) rule is:
If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
True words. Unfortunately 75% of my tech knowledge has come from breaking things, and then having to find a fix. The things I learn in this baptism of fire, are rarely forgotten.

The awesome thing is having so many people willing to help you find that fix. GOD (Insert appropriate deity here) bless the internet. Or at least give Sir. Tim Berners Lee a big fat cheque.

Have fun. Anil

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
ClockworkMod Recovery latest

EDIT: I tried twice and then left the battery out tried it again and its booted up.
Wow nothing was deleted.
Is there a way to check which kang you on using phone?

Possibly it was booting properly but due to the fact it was an initial boot after flashing a build, you thought it was bootlooping but it wasn't.

Next flashing just be patient.

To know which kang build by looking at the "About phone" doesn't help much cuz I don't rename the rom cuz no KANGers should rename the rom of a cm kang build.

To see which date it was build, proceed to /system and view the file "build.prop" and read the line ro.build.date. That should give u a hint on which date the kang was build. Its abit troublesome but that's the way of kang.

Last edited:
Reactions: aksolanki

aksolanki

Mar 14, 2011
Lugo, Italy.
www.thisiswhatwedo.com
EDIT: I don't know what happened but suddenly after 2 days it works. :D I hate these problems when I write to forum that I have this problem and right after I click submit message...it works.
Dude, you've found the tech holy grail! Press submit and it's fixed! I wish that worked for me. Having said that though. My Hackintosh has been running sweet for over 2 years, and my O2X, is sucking up so much time because I love using it. Sad but very true. I'm glad you've accidentally found a fix.

Have fun. Anil

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Hi thanks for this kang build but I have some problems.

I was using CM nightly few weeks ago and then I installed MIUI. Now I wanted to install your build. Everything works OK except my home and search buttons are not working.

I tried wiping and installing again and it does not work. It just vibrates. Please help. Thanks

After flashing a new build, upon initial bootup.....do another reboot. That cures almost all crazy stuffs from happening.

PykaTux

Jul 25, 2010
After installing I rebooted it approx 5 times and still had nothing. Submitting that message to XDA helped. Thanks anyway. :)

vadonka

Jul 25, 2007
Debrecen
the latest version is very good and smart. thanks for the great work again! :)

btw: be aware of the titanium backup, it can be easily mess up the whole rom :confused:

update: on small issue, the google setup wizard is infuenced with the provision apk, but i think the gapps installer need to be fixed

Last edited:

ul71m0

Jul 5, 2008
Milano
What about camera photo quality is there a wey to be better, i can say for 8mp camera its crap! Take a look into photo i taken today it was sunny day!
This is not high end phone photo, my old iphone 3g had better photos than this! I didnt messed with settings in camera all is default!

gallico916

Nov 25, 2010
Austin
Data while speaking

Hey

Using your KANK build on N1.
every time I place a call or receive a call, I loose my data connection, the moment the call finishes, the data connection is back.
Hope you guys can help me, or refer me to the correct place.

Regards

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Hey

every time I place a call or receive a call, I loose my data connection, the moment the call finishes, the data connection is back.

Regards

Noted

I seems to see this once awhile on both my N1 and O2x. I'll try to find out why. May not be easy though.

sunstorm

Aug 7, 2007
Just to check, are you on 2g or 3g network? It happens when you are on 2g network.

Hey

Regards

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

Top Liked Posts