Dock for defy

Search This thread

aneeshcphilip

Aug 8, 2011
Trivandrum
Hi guys,

Any of u guys try these docks?? Then give a reply here pls... I m about order one of these....

$(KGrHqF,!k0E67ynY32KBO3,mVNrog~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KIDIGI-2nd-...ories_MobilePhoneChargers&hash=item4cfc7c85b4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-Cha...428078?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3a6ceac3ee

gplock

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey---Dont Judge!
442e9a8d-4d14-150e.jpg

Funny. I just bought one.! Im excited about it looks good.i will be doing a utube unwrapping and material build as soon as I get it. Ill keep u posted and leave some feedback .... I like it though. Hope its as nice as I expect.
Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

Last edited:

viper.

Feb 10, 2010
USA
LG V30
Sony Xperia 5 IV
Thats nothing odd.They have traditional holidays in between 20. to 28. then also in February and March . Postal
services use week or two before shipping the
package from China (normally around a week).
This isnt good time to order anything from China .
Holidays in the People's Republic of China :
1 January – New Year's Day
2 January – New Year's Day Holiday
Chinese New Year – Second New Moon following the
Winter Solstice – Late January or February
1 May-3 May – Labour Day

cidefix

Jan 26, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Sadly all docking stations don't have a built in magnet so that the defy enters the docking mode automatically. But you can glue a small magnet into the dock. The position of the sensor can be seen here:

attachment.php

You just have to test the polarity. One side will open car dock mode the other one the media dock mode.

Attachments

• motoroladefydockswitch.jpg
    motoroladefydockswitch.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 507

gplock

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey---Dont Judge!
woooohoooo Got my cradle charger !

heres the utube link as promised !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8h-hMpH1aM&feature=youtu.be

Motorola Defy Kidigi Cradle Dock with 2nd battery charger from ebay. I got it with free shipping all in all ill give it 8 out of 10. Feels good not as cheap as i thought it would feel.Good quilty feel to it. nice and compact size. looks and feels great. 2 points takes off beacuse as u see in the vid even with a super thin case it wont charge. i know i shouldnt expect it too but the case is so thin i didnt think it would make a differnce. Good job Kidigi.

enjoy !

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
Looks good. Thanks for the Vid. So far as the lack of a magnet goes, aside from the obvious -- you can use the shortcut to activate the desk dock profile, I use a launcher that allows my home screen to rotate anyway. So, I'll likely get one.

gplock

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey---Dont Judge!
Im confused on what u need the magnet for. Is it to rotate the screen? Mine rotates by itself. That wasn't my cell I was using. Mine was the 1 recording. I use launcherpro. Rotates everything for me. No magnet needed.! Also currently using ADYclock for a night stand clock which also rotates itself. Works great! Home keys don't go off thou :0/

scrannel

Aug 27, 2007
Yeah, I use Launcher pro also. I was referring to another post that seemed concerned about the magnet. If one doesn't use a different launcher or have a magnet... you can make a shortcut to launch the desk dock app by using BetterCut or something similar. But the cradle looks good and I presume it charges the battery OK?

kencsuszi

Dec 25, 2011
Im confused on what u need the magnet for. Is it to rotate the screen? Mine rotates by itself. That wasn't my cell I was using. Mine was the 1 recording. I use launcherpro. Rotates everything for me. No magnet needed.! Also currently using ADYclock for a night stand clock which also rotates itself. Works great! Home keys don't go off thou :0/

It is for changing to car dock mode (Menu - Car mode) and to home dock mode (Menu - Clock), depending on the polarity of the magnet.
In this way you don't have to press or start anything to get the car mode and the clock / weather mode when the phone placed in a cradle / holder.
I think car mode is not supported in every ROM, but you can try these with a magnet.

gplock

Oct 17, 2007
New Jersey---Dont Judge!
Charges good. I like it. The two lil led lights are bright though. I just placed electrical tape over and everythings good. Good purchase!
Yeah, I use Launcher pro also. I was referring to another post that seemed concerned about the magnet. If one doesn't use a different launcher or have a magnet... you can make a shortcut to launch the desk dock app by using BetterCut or something similar. But the cradle looks good and I presume it charges the battery OK?

Top Liked Posts