Custom recovery

Search This thread
I just rooted my Sprint S4 mk2 with saferoot and was wondering if there is any CWM or other custom recovery. I am new to the s4 but have plenty of experience with the s2. I think Knox is the issue but want to see if there is a way to flash roms and mods

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

btoddweber

Jan 10, 2013
Knoxville
Philz CWM and TWRP seem to be the recoveries if choice here.

I came from the E4GT and couldn't use ROM manager. But here once rooted you can use it (play store) to flash the latest cwm or goomanager to flash TWRP

If you say "Please"... be sure and "Hit Thanks!!!"

Reactions: Apkbuccsfan

I came from the E4GT and couldn't use ROM manager. But here once rooted you can use it (play store) to flash the latest cwm or goomanager to flash TWRP

So I download room manager and flash one of those recoveries and I will be able to flash roms, etc? Just want to make sure I do everything right before I do it because I can't afford a new phone.

Thank you for helping me with this. I tried to search but there is a lot of information out there and I want to be 100% before I mess with it any further.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

btoddweber

Jan 10, 2013
Knoxville
Should be good. I'd use ROM mgr to flash cwm....then have the newest philz zip on your SD card and flash it in recovery

If you say "Please" be sure to "Hit Thanks!!!"

Reactions: Apkbuccsfan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is any CWM or other custom recovery
    Yes.
    Search

Should be good. I'd use ROM mgr to flash cwm....then have the newest philz zip on your SD card and flash it in recovery

If you say "Please" be sure to "Hit Thanks!!!"