[Q] Phone stuck on boot screen Htc Desire C

Search This thread

pati123

Aug 21, 2013
athenry
So today i tried to install a custom rom on my htc and i think something went wrong but im not sure what
when i try to boot my htc it is stuck on a white screen that says "this build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of htc without htc's written permission failure to comply may lead to legal action"
WHAT TO DO ???
somebody help me plz

Last edited:

aashay960

Mar 25, 2013
Mumbai
So today i tried to install a custom rom on my htc and i think something went wrong but im not sure what
when i try to boot my htc it is stuck on a white screen that says "this build is for development purposes only Do not distribute outside of htc without htc's written permission failure to comply may lead to legal action"
WHAT TO DO ???
somebody help me plz
You have to flash the kernel from fastboot.. Which ROM did you install?

aashay960

Mar 25, 2013
Mumbai
i used this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2220396
but wifi wasnt working so i tried this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2352981
and now my phone is stuck here
:crying:
btw i havnt flashed the kernel do i have to
Did you do the "fastboot flash boot boot.img" step like it says in the thread? Anyways, the ROM that you are using now is based on Cyanogenmod10. We have two kernels for that. Look in the index thread (link in my signature) for the two kernels. You can choose anyone you like.
Once you download the kernel, place it in C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools of your PC.
Then switch off your phone, remove the battery, put it back in.
Then hold volume-down and power button till the phone starts.
Connect your phone to the PC. Now it should say "FASTBOOT USB" on the screen
Open command window in your PC and navigate to the folder where you have pasted the kernel file.
Then type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" without quotes (and assuming that the file is called boot.img)
Then type "fastboot erase cache" then "fastboot reboot"
Then wait for some time.. It should start.

Reactions: sluxtpr

pati123

Aug 21, 2013
athenry
Did you do the "fastboot flash boot boot.img" step like it says in the thread? Anyways, the ROM that you are using now is based on Cyanogenmod10. We have two kernels for that. Look in the index thread (link in my signature) for the two kernels. You can choose anyone you like.
Once you download the kernel, place it in C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools of your PC.
Open command window in your PC and navigate to the folder where you have pasted the kernel file.
Then type "fastboot flash boot boot.img" without quotes (and assuming that the file is called boot.img)

i dont have this folder: C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
so do i create one ???
btw no i didnt flash the kernel

Last edited:

pati123

Aug 21, 2013
athenry
NO NO.. You're supposed to have Android SDK installed. What guide did you follow?

i followed loads of guides i unlocked the bootloader and then i installed cwm by munjeni using hasoon2000 all in one toolkit

would you be able to backup up your current system and send it to me so that i could restore it and hopefully my phone will work

aashay960

Mar 25, 2013
Mumbai
The toolkit has an option to flash kernels. Follow the instructions there. And if you are using Darkbreed IV, use Prometheus or NOPE kernel

pati123

Aug 21, 2013
athenry
i just downloaded the nope kernel and i used the toolkit to flash a kernel but it says error: device not found what to do ??????

Last edited:

me4488

Jan 25, 2013
Sofia
Ash, I think you need to erase the cache first.
Also Nope kernel doesn't work on sense roms.
Wipe the cache data and dalvik and try flashing the rom again with the correct kernel.
If it keeps getting stuck, try lower frequencies.

aashay960

Mar 25, 2013
Mumbai
I mentioned the erase cache command in post #4. And he gave me a link for darkbreed so that's why I suggested nope or prometheus. The problem here is not wrong kernel. He hasn't flashed the kernel at all. It was clearly mentioned in Russell's thread. He hasn't even installed android sdk and judging from his last response, not even drivers.

aashay960

Mar 25, 2013
Mumbai
i just downloaded the nope kernel and i used the toolkit to flash a kernel but it says error: device not found what to do ??????
OK now here's what you should do. There is a link for a guide/faq thread in my signature. In that thread, I have answered the question "how to flash a kernel".
There I have provided two links - one for a tool and one guide.
Go for the guide and not the tool. That guide will help you to set up your computer for flashing and it will also tell you how to flash kernels. That will definitely solve your problem.

For the future, do not just skip instructions. If you do not understand a particular instruction in a thread, ask before you move ahead. This problem could have been avoided if you had done so.
Now read the guide and the faq thread. And if you have any further questions, I will be happy to help you :)

pati123

Aug 21, 2013
athenry
Ash, I think you need to erase the cache first.
Also Nope kernel doesn't work on sense roms.
Wipe the cache data and dalvik and try flashing the rom again with the correct kernel.
If it keeps getting stuck, try lower frequencies.

i havent flashed the kernel at all and now its stuck like this
but im trying a different rom and i wonder will it work
btw i have wiped all 3
and what do you mean "try flashing the rom again with the correct kernel." i cant do it now as my phone wont boot at all

pati123

Aug 21, 2013
athenry
amm sorry 4 that i wasnt luking at yur nyways i havent skipped any steps
i already had some experience with with changing roms etc from galaxy ace but its bricked now

uchihasparky

Nov 27, 2012
Vancouver
amm sorry 4 that i wasnt luking at yur nyways i havent skipped any steps
i already had some experience with with changing roms etc from galaxy ace but its bricked now

........................................................ (Frustration).............................................. Follow a FREAKING GUIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! -_-

Sent from my HTC Desire C using xda app-developers app

me4488

Jan 25, 2013
Sofia
i did follow the giude

I'm gonna go all out on this and tell you that you are hopeless.
People explained to you nice and easy how to do it.
You did try and you did not follow the advice correctly, afterwards asking for more advice.
If you refuse to listen to people that are more experienced than you, you have no place here.
In case you want to change your mind look up some videos on how to flash a kernel and read which kernel goes for which rom.

Just in case you are completely oblivious, you flash a kernel by holding Vol- and the power button to go into fastboot.
Then you go to bootloader. Then you use ADB to flash it. Reboot. Done.
Doesnt ring bells? Go google it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i used this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2220396
    but wifi wasnt working so i tried this one http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2352981
    and now my phone is stuck here
    :crying:
    btw i havnt flashed the kernel do i have to