[Tool][Win/Mac/Linux] JROMFlasher v2 - Clean your device - Prepare for Flashing !

Search This thread

angileri

Jan 26, 2009
Pure AWESOMENESS!

Worked like a charm!

Did get stuck a couple of times, but if you read through everything all the fixes as here.

Thanks again for this nifty utility!

-Angileri

Reactions: jamesst20

jamesst20

Jan 31, 2012
Re: [Tool][Win/Mac/Linux] JROMFlasher - Clean your device - Prepare for Flashing !

No problem:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

LiquidPlatinum

Aug 22, 2012
Seattle
Right Click<Open With< Java (TM) Platform SE binary

Failed to find required files.
Tried again but put the jar in the 'Tools' folder. Still nothing..
Halp Mi

jamesst20

Jan 31, 2012
Re: [Tool][Win/Mac/Linux] JROMFlasher - Clean your device - Prepare for Flashing !

Failed to find required files.
Tried again but put the jar in the 'Tools' folder. Still nothing..
Halp Mi

What OS? Running from archive or you extracted everything? Is your antivirus deleting a file perhaps?

LiquidPlatinum

Aug 22, 2012
Seattle
What OS? Running from archive or you extracted everything? Is your antivirus deleting a file perhaps?

Windows 7 64-bit. Not sure about my antivirus, Norton tends to think alot of toolboxes like this one, especially with rooting capabilities/ rooting exploits are malious or something...
And I've tried both extracted and not extracted, none work.

Last edited:

jamesst20

Jan 31, 2012

Disable Norton then :p

LiquidPlatinum

Aug 22, 2012
Seattle

Yep. It comes up with that message when I right click then open with java.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Used winrar. Does windows even have zip/unzip feature

FitAmp

Mar 21, 2012
Terrace

Yep. It comes up with that message when I right click then open with java.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Used winrar. Does windows even have zip/unzip feature

Windows has a built in zip feature yes. Wouldn't really recommend using it though if you deal with zips a lot. Winrar is a better alternative.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

jamesst20

Jan 31, 2012

Are you sure the jar is with the folders? Do you extract them before running?

igotlostintampa

Oct 15, 2012
Allo older thread :)

Used your tool today to prepare my nexus for nerv. and yesterday to clear all the gunk out of my device.

Thanks a bunch it really works!! unfortunately i actually had to use a different set of drivers for my n7 :p not pdanet. pdanet drivers were freaking it out and not letting it use ADB to transfer over the files. Its actually faster doing it this way than running the commands myself!! so thank you very very much.

Ran using Fedora 18 - Completed successfully!! woot
Ran using Windows 7 - Completed successfully!! woot
Ran using Linux Mint 13 - Completed successfully!! woot

so gotta say love this app and will be using it for all future rom installs.

HEY!!! could you blind port this to the HTC evo 4g lte? i think it would already work, just need to replace the recovery inside. Thoughts?

Reactions: jamesst20

jamesst20

Jan 31, 2012
Used your tool today to prepare my nexus for nerv. and yesterday to clear all the gunk out of my device.

Thanks a bunch it really works!! unfortunately i actually had to use a different set of drivers for my n7 :p not pdanet. pdanet drivers were freaking it out and not letting it use ADB to transfer over the files. Its actually faster doing it this way than running the commands myself!! so thank you very very much.

Ran using Fedora 18 - Completed successfully!! woot
Ran using Windows 7 - Completed successfully!! woot
Ran using Linux Mint 13 - Completed successfully!! woot

so gotta say love this app and will be using it for all future rom installs.

HEY!!! could you blind port this to the HTC evo 4g lte? i think it would already work, just need to replace the recovery inside. Thoughts?

Hehe thanks you :) I chose to make it in Java to expand compatibility :) Hmm about other devices, as long as the device is compatible with ADB/Fastboot, it should work perfectly but you would need to replace the recovery image ;)

Big_Rich_1983

Apr 11, 2012
Sunny South Cheshire
Well, seeing as I had already unlocked the bootloader and rooted my Nexus 7, I assumed I already had the correct drivers installed and thought this program would work fine.

I was wrong, and got the "ADB/Fastboot device not found" error that a few of you have had and ended up with a Google splashscreen loop.

Don't try to be a smartass like I did, download the drivers that jamesst20 tells you to!

After downloading the correct drivers and following the instruction properly, everything went fine and Smooth 5.0 is awesome :D

Thanks!

jamesst20

Jan 31, 2012

Well, seeing as I had already unlocked the bootloader and rooted my Nexus 7, I assumed I already had the correct drivers installed and thought this program would work fine.

I was wrong, and got the "ADB/Fastboot device not found" error that a few of you have had and ended up with a Google splashscreen loop.

Don't try to be a smartass like I did, download the drivers that jamesst20 tells you to!

After downloading the correct drivers and following the instruction properly, everything went fine and Smooth 5.0 is awesome :D

Thanks!

Thanks! :D

rydog66

Dec 21, 2012
Toledo, Ohio
TWRP recovery instead of CWM

I also want to use TWRP instead, so I followed your instructions and replaced the recovery img & got an error not allowing your program to open, until I put the new TWEP img into the folder with the origional img file.....so now it has BOTH. Will this work??? I'mgetting this from questions back on pagr 9 from this thread. There were no reply to this post tabs on those (weird) so I had to post my reply this way. Feedback is very much requested and also appreciated.
Thank you!!
CHEERS,

jamesst20

Jan 31, 2012

I also want to use TWRP instead, so I followed your instructions and replaced the recovery img & got an error not allowing your program to open, until I put the new TWEP img into the folder with the origional img file.....so now it has BOTH. Will this work??? I'mgetting this from questions back on pagr 9 from this thread. There were no reply to this post tabs on those (weird) so I had to post my reply this way. Feedback is very much requested and also appreciated.
Thank you!!
CHEERS,

It won't open because it thinks the recovery file is missing, make sure to rename TWRP.IMG the same name as the old recovery image

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is only for the Google Nexus 7 !

Alright ! I just coded this tool to help new user to wipe the device data properly and install custom recovery + stock kernel. For some reason, some persons have difficulty to wipe their device data. So yeah I just coded this little tool to make sure the ROM they want to install runs smoothly.

Here is a screenshot I took in Windows but it do works in Windows/Mac/Linux(Tested Linux Mint 13 and Ubuntu).

myWCLDU.png

Requirements !

• Google Nexus 7 UNLOCKED
    • Java 7
    • Root Permission (Linux only)
    • Google Nexus 7 Drivers (Needed for Win/Mac only) Download HERE

I assumed I already had the correct drivers installed and thought this program would work fine.

Thanks!

Features

• Wipe allll your data. (System/Boot/Recovery/Userdata/sdcard)
    • Install Custom Recovery + Stock Kernel
    • Copy Roms to memory in /sdcard

How to
    • Windows
      - Extract the archive
      - Double click JROMFlasher.jar
    • Mac
      - Extract the Archive
      - Double click JROMFlasher.jar
    • Linux
      - Extract the archive
      - Open up Terminal
      - Type "cd 'extracted JROMFlasher directory'"
      - Type 'sudo -s' and then type your password
      - Type 'java -jar JROMFlasher.jar'
    • JROMFlasher
      - Click the buttons in order one after each other !
      - Do not skip a step ! Including the one that says mount all partitions! Otherwise, it's gonna fail uploading the rom

Click Here to Download v2.0
    Click Here to Download v1.0
    Uncheck "Use our download manager and get recommended downloads"
    75 Downloads and 1 feedback :p
    Finally updated the tool! Now in version 2.0!

- Stability improvements
    - Detecting device
    - Fully recoded
    - Recovery = TWRP 2.5.0
    lol,ive downloaded this but every page keeps saying"are you sure" lol making me nervous

There is no are you sure in my tool. Unsure what you're talking about.