Official Indian HTC One X Owner's Thread - views, reviews and more!!

Search This thread

veerm

Feb 12, 2008
HTC India at their Best (SARCASM)

I wrote to HTC India (facebook) couple of days ago. Here is the converasation:

Hey HTC India,
Its about time you give us 1.29 for HTC One X. Rest of the world got it 2-3 weeks ago. This has became a pattern where India is left for last as if you don't care about customers in India. Kindly do not treat Indians as third class citizens.

Could you at least give us time frame for availability and change log of upcoming fixes.

Thanks,
A VERY loyal HTC customer since days of HTC Touch (But loosing patience now)

HTC India: HI Mr. *****, we are coming up with the update really soon! Please stay tuned, and we really thank you for your patience.
Monday at 7:03pm

:mad: :mad: :mad:

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
That's really bad of HTC they are giving the same crappy answer everytime we ask this question.....but I think it won't be released anytime soon....may even take upto a month for them...:(....they are also becoming like Samsung....given that ics was released for the s2 only now....nearly 1 month later than other international markets :(
What else they can do, the people who answered don't bother about updates. Just their job is to make a reply to our mails. I hate this service in India

Reactions: Alex4159

shetyeashish

May 23, 2011
Mumbai
What else they can do, the people who answered don't bother about updates. Just their job is to make a reply to our mails. I hate this service in India

This is really sad... bloody we are paying the full price of buying the handset and we are getting the update at the last...

i wonder why these company treat us like 3rd world nation???? take classic example of SGS3... they have started the booking in India.. but u will get the delivery only after its been launch in developed country...

even smaller countries are getting preference over India.. sad....

regards
Ashish

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
This is really sad... bloody we are paying the full price of buying the handset and we are getting the update at the last...

i wonder why these company treat us like 3rd world nation???? take classic example of SGS3... they have started the booking in India.. but u will get the delivery only after its been launch in developed country...

even smaller countries are getting preference over India.. sad....

regards
Ashish
If we truly rely on the official updates, we can't use HTC or Samsung in India. That's why we are here on XDA to grab and share.

Reactions: Alex4159

hiemanshu

Feb 6, 2012
Bangalore
That's really bad of HTC they are giving the same crappy answer everytime we ask this question.....but I think it won't be released anytime soon....may even take upto a month for them...:(....they are also becoming like Samsung....given that ics was released for the s2 only now....nearly 1 month later than other international markets :(

So untrue, for Note, India was the first one to get the OTA for ICS, I know it because I have a note as well.

So untrue, for Note, India was the first one to get the OTA for ICS, I know it because I have a note as well.

Sorry but didnt want to turn this thread into a samsung vs htc thread.....but what can i do my S2 is only receiving official ICS from yesterday.....now thats crappy as the s2 was a best selling model for samsung.....and they ignored India totally.......and for ICS in note it was released on may 24th...i dont know when it was released in other countries so cant comment abt that!

But still S2 to has sold much more numbers in India than the note so its a foolish move!:mad:

skm001

May 30, 2012
Delhi
Does 1.28 really make a differnce to the battery life

I just got my HOX yesterday :D
First thing I did was to update to 1.28 and I don't think it really made a difference
Just wanted to ask you guys if your battery life was increased after updating to 1.28
Oh and also, will the 1.29 update improve the battery life ?

rubenswing

Mar 28, 2008
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E
I just got my HOX yesterday :D
First thing I did was to update to 1.28 and I don't think it really made a difference
Just wanted to ask you guys if your battery life was increased after updating to 1.28
Oh and also, will the 1.29 update improve the battery life ?

congrats on the new HOX and battery life will increase in a week or so with usage.... however since you purchased a new HOX can u tell me when you boot the HOX is there an 'x' after the HTC One logo during boot... can u pls check that out...:)

Reactions: skm001

nish77

Jan 17, 2011
Mumbai
Htc india gets an update when the other asian countries get it...mostly when Hong Kong gets it..thats my experience..

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
Not to be rude in any way, but what is the source of ur information

I emailed them about this and i got a call in evening with the support staff saying that update is under testing and will be pused within a week. Moreover htc are going to increase number of service centre in india. And i mention him the live wallpaper scrolling freez they said that i will get a call within 2-3days from concerned department

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I m from Argentina and I say too...
    Happy Diwali day mates.

SkyDragon Sense Rom V1
    Happy Diwali to my Indian friends :)
    On a serious note, i had a chat with one of my frnds who is a htc rep, and he told.me the update is now being tested for local language support and might be out by next week.. hopefully :)
    Guys upgraded my wife's S3 to JB about 2 days ago. Take my word its not upto all the hype. I was struggling to find what was really new and what has changed. Could figure out three useful features
    a) Google now
    b) Voice search
    c)two finger gesture.
    I feel all three features are something you can live wihout.
    After using the phone for about 24 hours the performance has just gone off the cliff. Its lagging heavily and is pretty much unusable. I have done a factory reset now. Hoping it will not degrade as earlier

Take it from me that our HOX running 4.0.4 is light years ahead of the S3 running JB. I have personally experienced it. so just relax and enjoy your phone. The update will come just as all the previous updates have come.
    "Due to the cost-cutting measures and to make sure everyone gets the update, we will release the JB OTA on 22-12-12 to the people who are still alive after the apocalypse." Official quote from HTC