[Q] Any Issues with WiFi

Search This thread

marcgear

Feb 9, 2013
Wolverhampton
Loving the phone really, one thing i have noticed is when ever im downloading or uploading large files through my home WIFI after a short period the phone disconnects from the network and i have to reconnect manually. Any ideas is anyone else having the same issue. All my other devices are fine

Akiainavas

Mar 26, 2012
Basingstoke
Same thing here, but it reconnects itself - just losing the connection for 1-2 seconds. It happens sometimes even when browsing the web. Most likely some kind of software bug.

chri55tof

Dec 7, 2008
Southampton
Had similar symptoms when playing with the phone at work`s WiFi (1st day of usage). On my home WiFi nothing wrong at all.

abd_alazeez2002

Sep 8, 2010
Make sure that keep WiFi on during sleep is always.
Or the WiFi will turn off the moment u turn the screen off

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

marcgear

Feb 9, 2013
Wolverhampton

Yeah checked that it happens even with the screen on. i got the screen to stay awake when charging and usually download my big files the i gave up trying to download A Bards Tale last night.

X

x102x96x

Loving the phone really, one thing i have noticed is when ever im downloading or uploading large files through my home WIFI after a short period the phone disconnects from the network and i have to reconnect manually. Any ideas is anyone else having the same issue. All my other devices are fine

it happens sometimes in s3, s2, xS and etc
it s a bug and will repair by software update or flashing another rom/firmware by urself if know wht to do.

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012

I found that WiFi is one of the most power draining things on phones. The best thing would be to switch to mobile data while sleeping and turn wifi off during that time.
That way you can still receive everything, but since you're sleeping you will barely use any data at all.

To bad the phone can't do that automatically.

hanleyco

Jul 23, 2010
I'm getting frequent wifi drops in my home (netgear router, wpa psk security) and its also affecting other devices in the house! Other wifi networks I've connected to seem to be fine, no issues whatsoever. Sometimes it'll say its connected, but no data, other times it will disconnect entirely.

This is a VERY strange problem and the fact that its affecting the wifi connection to other devices is even stranger.

Reactions: uk-kiwi

marcgear

Feb 9, 2013
Wolverhampton
Just an update on this, I returned my phone to P4U this morning as the wifi thing was annoying me and the phone has eaten 823mb of mobile data in one weekend even though i had mobile data turned off and connected to WIFI, The handset said i used 115mb and Voda said 823mb. not the only reason i returned it but it needed changing. So got my new handset up and running this afternoon and im set up and i been downloading all my files and apps with out any problems.
So looks like i had a dud phone first time around.

xentay

Apr 28, 2009
Xperia rebooting fibre broadband gateway???

I'm getting frequent wifi drops in my home (netgear router, wpa psk security) and its also affecting other devices in the house! Other wifi networks I've connected to seem to be fine, no issues whatsoever. Sometimes it'll say its connected, but no data, other times it will disconnect entirely.

This is a VERY strange problem and the fact that its affecting the wifi connection to other devices is even stranger.

Getting the same problem too. All my other devices (Nexus7, Ipad, PC) can connect fine to my wireless home network (fibre). But when I start connecting my Xperia Z to the wireless network, after 5 mins, my Gateway will hang, and restart itself. Happens all the time without fail as long as I have my phone hooked up to the wireless network.

Anyone else facing this problem?? I'm kinda at a loss now on how to solve it. Tried adjusting settings on my wireless channel too but doesn't seem to help. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Reactions: uk-kiwi

hanleyco

Jul 23, 2010
Getting the same problem too. All my other devices (Nexus7, Ipad, PC) can connect fine to my wireless home network (fibre). But when I start connecting my Xperia Z to the wireless network, after 5 mins, my Gateway will hang, and restart itself. Happens all the time without fail as long as I have my phone hooked up to the wireless network.

Anyone else facing this problem?? I'm kinda at a loss now on how to solve it. Tried adjusting settings on my wireless channel too but doesn't seem to help. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Ok, so i reckon this could be an issue with not having a static I.P address. Gonna change it tonight when I get home and see if the problem is solved. It's either that or it may be trying to connect to a port thats used for something else? Have ports assigned for my Xbox ect. I'm not too knowledgeable about these things so any other suggestions are welcome. Not too many settings on the phone unfortunately so the problem has to be solved using the router I'd say.

moraal

Jan 15, 2007
Amsterdam
Ok, so i reckon this could be an issue with not having a static I.P address. Gonna change it tonight when I get home and see if the problem is solved. It's either that or it may be trying to connect to a port thats used for something else? Have ports assigned for my Xbox ect. I'm not too knowledgeable about these things so any other suggestions are welcome. Not too many settings on the phone unfortunately so the problem has to be solved using the router I'd say.

I have static ip set up since the beginning, and I also have the problems. Only my problem seems to stem from 2.4 GHz/ 5 GHz (if this is even possible). 5 GHz is the preferred one, but this one seems to be out of range sometimes and it switches to mobile data. The 5 GHz is then out of range, while the 2.4 GHz is not. Very strange.

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
Ive found the Xperia Z has held on to a 5GHz Wi-Fi signal better than any other device I've used before, but the 2.4GHz can often disappear...

Very odd, although at home I am quite happy that 5GHz works better as there's far less interference from local neighbours. Perhaps that's causing the problem - in that the XZ isn't so well set up to cope with other routers on the same Wi-Fi channels??

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
I would always expect 2.4GHz to carry further, and so I am surprised by my experience too.

In my case, there's only 1 5GHz router visible other than mine, but countless 2.4GHz ones. Not sure why that would make the XZ drop (and sometimes even lose) the connection - but that's what seems to be happening.

lvoky

Oct 20, 2010
Prague
Xperia Z no wi-fi without SIM

I have a different wi-fi issue with my Xperia Z. It does not connect to my home wi-fi when there is no SIM in the phone. It just says that the network is out of reach. When I pop in the SIM card, it connects automatically. Actually, all the hi-end Sony phones I tried recently do this (Ion, T and more). I've been looking for a solution here on the forum, but didn't find any helpful topic. But maybe I was looking wrong. Does anyone know, what to do?

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
I have a different wi-fi issue with my Xperia Z. It does not connect to my home wi-fi when there is no SIM in the phone. It just says that the network is out of reach. When I pop in the SIM card, it connects automatically. Actually, all the hi-end Sony phones I tried recently do this (Ion, T and more). I've been looking for a solution here on the forum, but didn't find any helpful topic. But maybe I was looking wrong. Does anyone know, what to do?

I think the obvious answer is put a SIM in there... and if that means getting any old SIM and cutting it to size, even if it's not registered on any network, then do that.

I wonder if it the phone is looking at the SIM to identify the country, and therefore what channels can be used? I say this because when I first used the phone (without SIM) I also had problems [router not showing up in a scan], and my router is on channel 13. I then put in a SIM and at some stage did another scan and it found my router.

Is your router perhaps on channel 11, 12 or 13?

I know it's a long shot, but who knows?

Reactions: lvoky

lvoky

Oct 20, 2010
Prague
I think the obvious answer is put a SIM in there... and if that means getting any old SIM and cutting it to size, even if it's not registered on any network, then do that.

I wonder if it the phone is looking at the SIM to identify the country, and therefore what channels can be used? I say this because when I first used the phone (without SIM) I also had problems [router not showing up in a scan], and my router is on channel 13. I then put in a SIM and at some stage did another scan and it found my router.

Interesting point, will try to investigate with the channels. And I may also try to dig out some inactive SIM, thanks for the tip... The only thing I found is, that the problem obviously appears only with the WPA2-PSK security. With WPA, its all a-OK...

gm007

May 29, 2011
If you look inside the build.prop
The wifi.channel is not assigned,maybe this can gives you an idea guys.

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362680733022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362680733022.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 89

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Xperia rebooting fibre broadband gateway???