[REVIEW] Urban Armor Gear for the HTC One

Search This thread

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
u3a0zPE.png
xtzQap0.png

Those who know me from the One X forums here know that I have a bit of a problem when it comes to purchasing cases- I can’t stop. I held a bunch of giveaways for the cases I didn’t use, and I still have about 20 of them sitting in a box. My problem was that I just couldn’t find the perfect case. I loved a lot of them, but I wouldn’t call any of them “perfect”. The same thing happened to me when I switched to the iPhone 5. My problem was compounded by the fact that there are just so many iPhone cases to choose from and I just had to have them all. I had purchased roughly 30 different cases before I came across the Urban Armor Gear case and it was quite literally the last case I ever bought. Well, maybe not literally because after purchasing my black UAG case I had to have one in white and moss as well. Not only that, I bought one for each of the guys that I work with and it became the official unofficial case of our company. I generally prefer my phones naked, but in the case of the iPhone, it felt incomplete without the UAG case on it. Once I put my UAG case on the iPhone, I NEVER took it off. Fast forward to present time and much to my excitement, Urban Armor Gear has a case for the HTC One and I must say- it’s every bit as good as the iPhone version and then some.

The UAG is a composite case with a hard outer shell fused to an impact resistant soft core, and has an awesome body armor pattern to it that makes it look and feel like a military device. There is also a faux bolt pattern that further adds to its rugged looks. The corners have added bumpers for extra protection. The designers of this case definitely deserve some props. While that look may not be everyone's cup of tea, it is EXACTLY what I am looking for in a case. It's badass.

Holding it in your hand, you can just feel the quality of this thing, it is the most well designed case I have ever come across, for ANY phone. As far as protection is concerned, I would group it with other composite cases like the OtterBox Commuter, Incipio DualPro (which I own for the One), and CaseMate Tough. Unlike those cases which are all two pieces, the UAG is a single piece allowing it to be much slimmer and less bulky than any of the others, without sacrificing durability or protection at all. In fact, I actually feel more comfortable with my phone in the UAG case than any of the others. I work a rough job and the potential to damage my phone lurks around every corner. I have zero concerns about the safety of my phone when it is protected with the UAG case.

A major problem that I have come across with cases for the One so far is the way that the power button/IR flasher is handled. Some cases block it completely, others have a complete cutout leaving the button fully exposed and making it uncomfortable to press. Neither is acceptable to me. The UAG case has no such problem. The design team really put their heads together with this one, and came out with an incredibly simple, yet ingenious design- they gave the case a raised power button for easy use, but cut a hole in it so the IR signal can still get through. Whoulda thunk it?? There is literally no decreased IR functionality and the power button is easier to press than without the case. Again, it’s brilliant.

There really isn’t much else to say about it, it’s hands down my favorite case ever (which says an AWFUL lot) and since it became available so soon after the phone’s launch it will probably save me a great deal of money and headaches because I’m not even searching for another case now. Crazy, right? There is not a single thing I would change about this case. It is currently available in 4 color varieties- Navigator (white), Scout (black), Outland (rust), and Aero (slate). I currently have the Navigator and have a Scout on its way.

The UAG strikes the perfect balance between design, comfort, functionality, and protection. It earns a PERFECT 10/10 stars and a wholehearted recommendation from your friendly neighborhood MetalHead. \m/

Get the UAG case from Urban Armor Gear’s website- http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/htc-one

Last edited:

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 10,806
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 10,933
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 10,821
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 11,553

dmm5157

Dec 1, 2008
I had a UAG Aero case for my GS3 and absolutely loved it. Glad to see they're starting to ship for the HTC One. I will be ordering on as soon as they show up on Amazon. Can't say enough good things about this case. Love the finish and the way the buttons are easier to press.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
I had a UAG Aero case for my GS3 and absolutely loved it. Glad to see they're starting to ship for the HTC One. I will be ordering on as soon as they show up on Amazon. Can't say enough good things about this case. Love the finish and the way the buttons are easier to press.

This is literally the only case I've ever bought that I have ZERO bad things to say about. If you loved it for the GS3 you'll definitely love it for the One.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

ant78

Jul 13, 2008
Manchester
u3a0zPE.png
xtzQap0.png

Those who know me from the One X forums here know that I have a bit of a problem when it comes to purchasing cases- I can’t stop. I held a bunch of giveaways for the cases I didn’t use, and I still have about 20 of them sitting in a box. My problem was that I just couldn’t find the perfect case. I loved a lot of them, but I wouldn’t call any of them “perfect”. The same thing happened to me when I switched to the iPhone 5. My problem was compounded by the fact that there are just so many iPhone cases to choose from and I just had to have them all. I had purchased roughly 30 different cases before I came across the Urban Armor Gear case and it was quite literally the last case I ever bought. Well, maybe not literally because after purchasing my black UAG case I had to have one in white and moss as well. Not only that, I bought one for each of the guys that I work with and it became the official unofficial case of our company. I generally prefer my phones naked, but in the case of the iPhone, it felt incomplete without the UAG case on it. Once I put my UAG case on the iPhone, I NEVER took it off. Fast forward to present time and much to my excitement, Urban Armor Gear has a case for the HTC One and I must say- it’s every bit as good as the iPhone version and then some.

The UAG is a composite case with a hard outer shell fused to an impact resistant soft core, and has an awesome body armor pattern to it that makes it look and feel like a military device. There is also a faux bolt pattern that further adds to its rugged looks. The corners have added bumpers for extra protection. The designers of this case definitely deserve some props. While that look may not be everyone's cup of tea, it is EXACTLY what I am looking for in a case. It's badass.

Holding it in your hand, you can just feel the quality of this thing, it is the most well designed case I have ever come across, for ANY phone. As far as protection is concerned, I would group it with other composite cases like the OtterBox Commuter, Incipio DualPro (which I own for the One), and CaseMate Tough. Unlike those cases which are all two pieces, the UAG is a single piece allowing it to be much slimmer and less bulky than any of the others, without sacrificing durability or protection at all. In fact, I actually feel more comfortable with my phone in the UAG case than any of the others. I work a rough job and the potential to damage my phone lurks around every corner. I have zero concerns about the safety of my phone when it is protected with the UAG case.

A major problem that I have come across with cases for the One so far is the way that the power button/IR flasher is handled. Some cases block it completely, others have a complete cutout leaving the button fully exposed and making it uncomfortable to press. Neither is acceptable to me. The UAG case has no such problem. The design team really put their heads together with this one, and came out with an incredibly simple, yet ingenious design- they gave the case a raised power button for easy use, but cut a hole in it so the IR signal can still get through. Whoulda thunk it?? There is literally no decreased IR functionality and the power button is easier to press than without the case. Again, it’s brilliant.

There really isn’t much else to say about it, it’s hands down my favorite case ever (which says an AWFUL lot) and since it became available so soon after the phone’s launch it will probably save me a great deal of money and headaches because I’m not even searching for another case now. Crazy, right? There is not a single thing I would change about this case. It is currently available in 4 color varieties- Navigator (white), Scout (black), Outland (rust), and Aero (slate). I currently have the Navigator and have a Scout on its way.

The UAG strikes the perfect balance between design, comfort, functionality, and protection. It earns a PERFECT 10/10 stars and a wholehearted recommendation from your friendly neighborhood MetalHead. \m/

Get the UAG case from Urban Armor Gear’s website- http://www.urbanarmorgear.com/collections/htc-one

you just sold it to me :good: free int. shipping too:good:

Philly Jim

Aug 27, 2011
Broomall, Pa
I used the seidio active holster with it when I used my iPhone 5 and it was an exact fit, as if the holster was designed for the UAG case. I'm wondering if it'll be the same with the One. I just might take one for the team and give it a shot.

Let me know if you're able to take one for the team if it fits I can stop my exhaustive search thanks in advance.........:D

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Let me know if you're able to take one for the team if it fits I can stop my exhaustive search thanks in advance.........:D

I'll order it tomorrow from Amazon, hopefully it will be delivered before the end of next week because I'm heading out of town for a month. If it comes before I leave I'll be sure to let you know.

Any coupons or discounts available on this? Definitely looks like a great case, but $35 is a bit rich.

Not sure. Usually Amazon has them cheaper but they aren't available yet, only from UAG's website. Give it time.

Reactions: Philly Jim

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
Hey MetalHead ..I see you from Illinois. I'm from Chicago..then moved up to Wisconsin to get away from all those crazy gangs...but anyways, how long did it take you to receive the case after you ordered it? I'm thinking about ordering the case.

Manitobamonster

Feb 2, 2013
Manitoba
I have one of these for my Note 2 a awesome case! I just ordered the Aero in Blue I hope it doesn't take to long lol. I to am a case Wh*** as weel MetalHead but UAG has really impressed me with their quality I am using otterbox commuter right now which is not bad but UAG are just so nice !

BlovedMastermind

Apr 22, 2013
I have one of these for my Note 2 a awesome case! I just ordered the Aero in Blue I hope it doesn't take to long lol. I to am a case Wh*** as weel MetalHead but UAG has really impressed me with their quality I am using otterbox commuter right now which is not bad but UAG are just so nice !

Hey, I'm stuck between the Commuter and the UAG. Do yu think yu could do a comparison review when yu get the UAG? Really help me out!

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Hi,

Nice sounding review, makes me want one :p Can I ask one thing though, is it possible that you take a picture of the One lying naked on a flat surface with the case lying next to it? To give us an accurate guage of the thickness of the case and how much it would add to the phone. Coming from a 4 inch incredible S, I don't want something thats too bulky
Thanks

:)

astarling10

Feb 28, 2011
Manhattan, KS
I had one of these cases for my S3 and the only thing i didn't like was the edges were kinda sharp which made the case kinda uncomfortable to hold in one hand. Does this one have those same rough edges?

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    u3a0zPE.png
    xtzQap0.png

could you please post photos of your one with the cover on?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Here ya go. The last one shows how they handled the power button/IR flasher.
    Hey everyone,

I just finished cleaning up this thread. Please lets remember this a review of a case for a phone. It is based solely on an individuals opinion. Just because we disagree with the review doesn't mean we need to post in a derogatory or insulting manner. Let's all act like grown-ups and keep it nice.

Thank you,
    Rwilco12
    Side by side pics-
    Here's the black/blue UAG case, I LOVE it

eqehasat.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta