[FIX] Speaker LED – Vision (G2)

Search This thread

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
This fixes Speaker LED Notifications on CM6.1 for Vision (G2).

Behavior:
If it is plugged in, the light will stay solid (charging). If a notification comes in with the screen off, it will blink green. If you turn on the screen, the charging light will come on. If you don’t acknowledge the notification, when the screen turns off it will blink green again.

When it is not plugged in, notifications will blink green only when the screen is off.

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=1287

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
I did this in Terminal, but before I could even cd, I needed to enter SU. Probably just because I hadn't already allowed access, but yeah. Good stuff as always Pershoot

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Anyone else having issues with LED still blinking even when no messages are around?? Even trackpad blinks, is that normal with rc2??

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Anyone else having issues with LED still blinking even when no messages are around?? Even trackpad blinks, is that normal with rc2??

with the breathing light, yea. some event may have just happened. that happens on the nexus too sometimes (with the breathing light), and you're not quite sure what event just ocurred.

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Ok, breathing light would be trackpad but still consider with the LED??? Also no events, just restarted.. still happens, normal???

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
fixing the module up and will re-post. only green is shown currently for charge.

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
So, does this one still blink even when no notifications??

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
So, does this one still blink even when no notifications??

it blinks when there is a notification (same as the trackpad). it does not blink when there is no notification (same as the trackpad). if you are getting blinking, then i can only assume that there is some event ocurring that it is notifying you about.

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Ok, maybe there is but I cannot find any other event happening making it blink still.. :/

rraxda

Nov 4, 2010
Pershoot, will this work if you only have Bacon Bits installed? I have had some issues with my LED while on charge.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
I have not tested this against the stock rom.

Feel free to try it.

U can always push the old one back.