[Rom] [Nightlies] [Official] VanirAOSP 4.4.3 Nuc and Dho builds

Search This thread

bsbachert

Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming, MI
This is the official thread for VanirAOSP for Manta.

Here is the link to Official Manta nightlies:

http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/manta/ - pure Vanir Nightlies

http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/ - DHO Commotio Nightlies -

DHO Gapps - http://www.emccann.net/dho/5-Gapps/ - use these for Commotio

Vanir was founded on the premise of performance tuning Android. We are based on AOSP, but include features (many of which have been rewritten to be more efficient) from other ROMs.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
custom written CRON and init.d.
UI and graphics improvements
custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
improved notification handling (active display is in review also)
usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
animation control
Improved Vanir keyboard
CM's profiles & quicksettings
additional quicksetting tiles
immersive mode
statusbar mods
clock & battery mods
lockscreen blur and other mods
halo2
active notifications - new feature
Omni Switch - new feature
busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc

Nightlies from Vanir are now building, click the link above to download.

Instructions:

flash rom ( do a backup and wipe data if coming from another Rom, or a 4.3 rom )
flash 4.4 kitkat gapps of your liking ( backup tool will backup your gapps after initial setup)
play with it..

For 4.3.1 users.

4.3.1 Features:
Offical Vanir source
Fully optimized GCC 4.8 toolchain
global -fstrict-aliasing -O3
HALO
App sidebar
Privacy guard
Led customization
PIE
Modified AOKP navigation bar & quicksettings
CM statusbar
Slew of lock screen customizations
Modified AOSP vanir keyboard (faster, no key logging, better layout)
Quiet hours
Inverted + stock UI theme
Custom UI selector
Expanded desktop
Quick Settings Tiles and Layouts

Instructions:
Download ROM & 4.3 Gapps
Factory Reset Data
Flash Rom
Flash Gapps
Reboot

Bug List : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BwpestB7pFCoGV7-Ek8o0GsDUqmZTHdaQRpufLs9O6w

Please review the bug list above, before posting new bugs. If your bug is not on the list, please post the issue, and pm me with your post number. Post screen shots if possible please, and attach logcats if relevant. Feel feel to help each other with any issues, and be respectful. No flaming or rude comments to newer users.

bsbachert-nightlies

Last edited:

CWalkop

May 29, 2012
wow !!!!
thanx for this marvelous work .... i was waiting this for some years ...

dude you are in the wrong place

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
Hey!
Lay off the language, and leave this guy alone. He did an awesome job, and mistakenly posted it here. Possibly in excitement. We can always move the thread, it doesn't matter at all.

Keep up the good work, by the way! This is fantastic! I'm running stock, myself, so I won't be able to take advantage of it, but MANY others will. Fantastic job.

bsbachert

Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming, MI
I just posted it here because these are personal builds, and not in development. There are plenty of Roms in the Dev section already, just sharing my personal preference. The min. CPU is at 200, kick it up for better performance, I keep it low for better battery life. Lag gets better as it settles in.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app.

Reactions: freshlysqueezed

paratox

Feb 18, 2010
thanks for bringing vanir to manta! nice tablet ui with linaro! that i was waiting for on 4.3!
keep on building for manta! :good::)

Reactions: b1g.p0ppa

c1oud

May 15, 2012
Any lags or other problems? I am considering falshing the rom but i am waiting for kit kat. Shouldn't take long.

hunter99507

Jan 17, 2012
I have a quick question. It seems like since moving from 4.2 to 4.3 it seems like dolphin and next browser scolling lags. It doesnt seem to lag in chrome but in those other 2 browsers it does. It that a bug with 4.3 or the browser itself? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks

bsbachert

Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming, MI
I have a quick question. It seems like since moving from 4.2 to 4.3 it seems like dolphin and next browser scolling lags. It doesnt seem to lag in chrome but in those other 2 browsers it does. It that a bug with 4.3 or the browser itself? Is there a way to fix it? Thanks

It's the browser..had the same issue, so I just use chrome now.

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
Greetings. I am one of the lead devs for Vanir. Do you compile this from source? if you do would you be interested in becoming our official device maintainer? the responsibilities include general bug reporting/testing, updating the device tree and vendor blobs when necessary. not much. also, you can link the official build server in the OP so you don't have to compile/upload constantly.

bsbachert

Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming, MI
Greetings. I am one of the lead devs for Vanir. Do you compile this from source? if you do would you be interested in becoming our official device maintainer? the responsibilities include general bug reporting/testing, updating the device tree and vendor blobs when necessary. not much. also, you can link the official build server in the OP so you don't have to compile/upload constantly.

Yes, compiled from your source, unaltered. Yes, I have time to be a maintainer. I'll contact you after the weekend.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official thread for VanirAOSP for Manta.

Here is the link to Official Manta nightlies:

http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/manta/ - pure Vanir Nightlies

http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/ - DHO Commotio Nightlies -

DHO Gapps - http://www.emccann.net/dho/5-Gapps/ - use these for Commotio

Vanir was founded on the premise of performance tuning Android. We are based on AOSP, but include features (many of which have been rewritten to be more efficient) from other ROMs.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    improved notification handling (active display is in review also)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    halo2
    active notifications - new feature
    Omni Switch - new feature
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc

Nightlies from Vanir are now building, click the link above to download.

Instructions:

flash rom ( do a backup and wipe data if coming from another Rom, or a 4.3 rom )
    flash 4.4 kitkat gapps of your liking ( backup tool will backup your gapps after initial setup)
    play with it..

For 4.3.1 users.

4.3.1 Features:
    Offical Vanir source
    Fully optimized GCC 4.8 toolchain
    global -fstrict-aliasing -O3
    HALO
    App sidebar
    Privacy guard
    Led customization
    PIE
    Modified AOKP navigation bar & quicksettings
    CM statusbar
    Slew of lock screen customizations
    Modified AOSP vanir keyboard (faster, no key logging, better layout)
    Quiet hours
    Inverted + stock UI theme
    Custom UI selector
    Expanded desktop
    Quick Settings Tiles and Layouts

Instructions:
    Download ROM & 4.3 Gapps
    Factory Reset Data
    Flash Rom
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot

Bug List : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BwpestB7pFCoGV7-Ek8o0GsDUqmZTHdaQRpufLs9O6w

Please review the bug list above, before posting new bugs. If your bug is not on the list, please post the issue, and pm me with your post number. Post screen shots if possible please, and attach logcats if relevant. Feel feel to help each other with any issues, and be respectful. No flaming or rude comments to newer users.

bsbachert-nightlies
    Looks like the team is setting up the 4.4 repo..KitKat is coming. Stay tuned..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app
    Working on the phablet recents issue.

uploadfromtaptalk1381540045161.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
    new build in op, has halo...12/23 build. Not yet merged, but seems to funcftion properly. Merry Christmas...
    Slow thread. 1104 nightly running strong!
    gymu3yjy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Waiting for kitkat i'm sure. I'm almost through an alpha build, might have one to share tonight. Hopefully it will boot. Only 4 build errors so far, and it's 3/4 through the build process. Using 4.3 binaries, and kernel, but should work..no idea what the Vanir team has in it yet, but we'll see I guess..

Will update on when I get home in 8 hrs..