[Rom] [Nightlies] [Official] VanirAOSP 4.4.3 Nuc and Dho builds

Search This thread

dibblebill

Jun 3, 2012
Raleigh, NC
www.youtube.com
I'm using phablet mode and the status bar in the recents screen goes opaque and so the Free RAM and kill all icon are hidden behind it. Your screenshot is the first time I've ever even see that capacity bar.

And how did you initiate that screen shot? I thought power+vol up+vol down would do it but all I got was a bunch of vibrations and a bug report.

And one last thing: where can you adjust the power menu settings? I usually add screen shot to it but can't find the settings for it.

Just Volume-Up and power

Sent from my Nexus 10

Reactions: b1g.p0ppa

Syk69

May 5, 2012
The reason you can see the clear all button in tablet ui mode is because the status bar is at the bottom, if you do expanded desktop without status bar you can see the button. The button is basically behind the status bar when status bar in view.

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
The reason you can see the clear all button in tablet ui mode is because the status bar is at the bottom, if you do expanded desktop without status bar you can see the button. The button is basically behind the status bar when status bar in view.

This persists on the 4.3.1 nightly as well. Not a big deal though, for me. The rest of the ROM is smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
Only bugs I have are related to 2 games. Real Racing crashes when I try to log into Facebook, and Golf Star crashes on startup-can't play it at all.

Play them every day so it's a deal-beaker for me. Nightlies were fine until about a week ago so it was probably a commit they synced. According to logcats it looks like it's related to changing focus to another window. I can provide them if needed, I just wanted to see if anyone else can replicate the issues.

Edit: these issues only happen on Vanir, every other rom does not have these issues.

Last edited:

bsbachert

Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming, MI
Working on the phablet recents issue.

uploadfromtaptalk1381540045161.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

bsbachert

Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming, MI
Only bugs I have are related to 2 games. Real Racing crashes when I try to log into Facebook, and Golf Star crashes on startup-can't play it at all.

Play them every day so it's a deal-beaker for me. Nightlies were fine until about a week ago so it was probably a commit they synced. According to logcats it looks like it's related to changing focus to another window. I can provide them if needed, I just wanted to see if anyone else can replicate the issues.

I have no problems with real racing 3, on today's nightly.

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
My bad..crashed when I tried to post to Facebook.

Honestly i can live with Real Racing issue, most of my race friends are on Google+. The Big problem is Golf Star which i can't play at all. It has you log in to Facebook on startup, so i think they both have the same issue.

bsbachert

Oct 21, 2010
Wyoming, MI
Honestly i can live with Real Racing issue, most of my race friends are on Google+. The Big problem is Golf Star which i can't play at all. It has you log in to Facebook on startup, so i think they both have the same issue.

Took me 3 tries, but i got it up and running, the golf star game.

duarian

Jul 19, 2012
Now if only the browser issue was resolved :(

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

Syk69

May 5, 2012
Maybe with a linaro toolchain optimized for cortex a15 would fix the android browser fcs. Or doing a build with -O2 instead of -O3. Would be nice to have that browser bug squashed.

brees75

Jul 6, 2012
Dallas
Golf Star works on your build, thank you very much. Never had issues with recents but it looks great anyway. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the official thread for VanirAOSP for Manta.

Here is the link to Official Manta nightlies:

http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/manta/ - pure Vanir Nightlies

http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/ - DHO Commotio Nightlies -

DHO Gapps - http://www.emccann.net/dho/5-Gapps/ - use these for Commotio

Vanir was founded on the premise of performance tuning Android. We are based on AOSP, but include features (many of which have been rewritten to be more efficient) from other ROMs.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    improved notification handling (active display is in review also)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    halo2
    active notifications - new feature
    Omni Switch - new feature
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc

Nightlies from Vanir are now building, click the link above to download.

Instructions:

flash rom ( do a backup and wipe data if coming from another Rom, or a 4.3 rom )
    flash 4.4 kitkat gapps of your liking ( backup tool will backup your gapps after initial setup)
    play with it..

For 4.3.1 users.

4.3.1 Features:
    Offical Vanir source
    Fully optimized GCC 4.8 toolchain
    global -fstrict-aliasing -O3
    HALO
    App sidebar
    Privacy guard
    Led customization
    PIE
    Modified AOKP navigation bar & quicksettings
    CM statusbar
    Slew of lock screen customizations
    Modified AOSP vanir keyboard (faster, no key logging, better layout)
    Quiet hours
    Inverted + stock UI theme
    Custom UI selector
    Expanded desktop
    Quick Settings Tiles and Layouts

Instructions:
    Download ROM & 4.3 Gapps
    Factory Reset Data
    Flash Rom
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot

Bug List : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BwpestB7pFCoGV7-Ek8o0GsDUqmZTHdaQRpufLs9O6w

Please review the bug list above, before posting new bugs. If your bug is not on the list, please post the issue, and pm me with your post number. Post screen shots if possible please, and attach logcats if relevant. Feel feel to help each other with any issues, and be respectful. No flaming or rude comments to newer users.

bsbachert-nightlies
    Looks like the team is setting up the 4.4 repo..KitKat is coming. Stay tuned..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app
    Working on the phablet recents issue.

uploadfromtaptalk1381540045161.jpg

new build in op, has halo...12/23 build. Not yet merged, but seems to funcftion properly. Merry Christmas...
    Slow thread. 1104 nightly running strong!
    gymu3yjy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Waiting for kitkat i'm sure. I'm almost through an alpha build, might have one to share tonight. Hopefully it will boot. Only 4 build errors so far, and it's 3/4 through the build process. Using 4.3 binaries, and kernel, but should work..no idea what the Vanir team has in it yet, but we'll see I guess..

Will update on when I get home in 8 hrs..