Unbrick bricked canvas 2

Search This thread

carthikm

Nov 18, 2011
SP Flash Tool does not recognize my Phone :(

Hay buddy, Many thinks for this thread and lot others, your threads are really helpful.

I bootloop my phone while flashing JB so i tried to flash Stock Rom but getting message "can't mount cache", etc etc etc. i understand that its problem with CWM, I have v6.0.2.8 :(. I tried your second method step by step but the SPFTool dosnt recognize my A110. It keeps searching and thats it. I installed all drivers and also Android SDK but even then SPFTool dosnt recognize the device. Please help ASAP.

Ashwin Benny

Sep 20, 2013
Many guys brick there fone while flashing some rom or upgrading or downgrading to different android versions......
But unbricking a SOFT BRICKED canvas 2 is not a big deal.....
Just follow these steps..

FIRST METHOD

1.Download the following zip file from here
and boot into recovery mode by pressing volume up+volume down+power buttons simultaneously.
2.Now select format data/wipe delvic cache and also wipe cache partition. Go to advanced and wipe delvic cache.
3.Now place the above zip file in ur fones sd card( u may use a memory card reader or another fone for connecting ur memory card wid pc)
4.Go to mounts and storage and select mount sd card select format system.
5.Then go back and select install zip from sd card>choose from sd card and select the above downloaded zip file.
6.After installation completes go back and select reboot system now.
IF U R STILL STUCK AT BOOT LOGO THEN GO FOR THE SECOND METHOD OR OTHERWISE ENJOY AS UR FONE IS BACK TO LIFE AGAIN.

SECOND METHOD

1.First of all download and extract the following file to any specified folder........
A.STOCK JELLYBEAN.RAR
B.SP FLASH TOOLS
*************THE PASSWORD OF SP FLASH TOOLS IS "jatin@1" (without quotation marks)****************
2.now remove ur fone's battery and keep it aside.
3.go to the folder where u have extracted sp flash tools. Run it as administration.
4.click on scatter loading option and browse for the folder where u have extracted jb(or ics rom).
5.now click on firmware upgrade option if flashing jb or if flashing ics click download option.
6.connect ur fone to pc.
Let the process complete. After it completes reinsert the battery and switch on ur fone.
And wid this u should have successfully unbricked ur fone..
Note:U will observe dat ur fone is unrooted again and cwm or twrp recovery has been replaced by stock recovery.

hit thx if i helped...

brohss can anyone give me the download link of suvi V16 .....?
i wanna flash it with sp flash tools....
i dont know any other procedures ....only flashing with sp flash tools.....!!
polz suggest me other best roms for Micromax A110....:confused::confused::confused:

ali shan ahmed

May 28, 2014
BEST

Hellow I Just wanted to THANK u personally which is why I made a new account on xda. Because its a great method and it helped me alot :D
ill also hit like :good:

desmond16feb

Account currently disabled
Jun 11, 2014
GB
meettomy.site
help

hey i am new to all this rom and everything
im just flashing my jelly bean mmx canvas 2 to to unbrick it
my prblm is theres no scatter loadind file in dwnloaded ROM
can u upload it?

banjara

Mar 31, 2014
Bangalore
i actually wanted to unroot my phone and i thought the 2nd process is a good way to do that. However, i was having issues when sp flash tool could not detect my phone for flashing. Installed all the drivers, pdanet etc but still it could not detect my phone. however, it worked when i connected my phone with battery inside and it flashed the firmware too. Now the stock JB is running fine on my phone.
I am wondering why the instructions say that you should remove your battery first. and does it damage the phone if I keep battery inside the phone while flashing a new firmware?

viwek

Oct 15, 2013
bricked my phone

First for bringing your phone to life once again follow this procedure.

Step1-->(THIS ONE IS SOMEWHAT DIFFICULT) stay calm and assure yourself that everything is right. Say your heart "ALL IS WELL".

STEP 2-->follow this procedure given HERE. This will bring your phone back to life that is your phone will boot up.
But still as you have wiped your navRAM so you will receive wifi and Bluetooth problems but that can be solved later.

STEP 3--> after doing everything in right way and bringing your phone back to life visit xda again and hit thanks.:p
Hehe...lol.I was jesting. Hit thanks only if you want.

BEST OF LUCK.

hey every one 2 days back i was able to flash lewa os rom on my canvas 2 .. when i found this updater in apps i downloaded the update of that rom i think it is called O.T.A..:rolleyes: i went to recovery mode and flashed it ..i flashed that update with out enabling usb debugging ..
NOW I BRICKED MY PHONE all i am able to see is a boot logo all the time like it restarts and shows that boot logo i am unable to boot into recovery or factory mode.. i have been trying to unbrick it for hours and days :( as its the only phone i have .. please help me out of this cant install the drivers or my pc wont recognize the phone it ends up unable to install usb .. am really worried i cant buy an other phone please any one help me out of this .... i want to solve it solve it asap as i have no other phone to use please ..

jatin@1

Jul 13, 2013
i actually wanted to unroot my phone and i thought the 2nd process is a good way to do that. However, i was having issues when sp flash tool could not detect my phone for flashing. Installed all the drivers, pdanet etc but still it could not detect my phone. however, it worked when i connected my phone with battery inside and it flashed the firmware too. Now the stock JB is running fine on my phone.
I am wondering why the instructions say that you should remove your battery first. and does it damage the phone if I keep battery inside the phone while flashing a new firmware?

it was just mentioned so that no one shall flash a new firmware without a properly switched off phone in a hurry.;)
just to avoid another petty chance of a bootloop.
ALL YOU NEED IS A PROPERLY SWITCHED OFF PHONE.

Reactions: banjara

jatin@1

Jul 13, 2013
hey every one 2 days back i was able to flash lewa os rom on my canvas 2 .. when i found this updater in apps i downloaded the update of that rom i think it is called O.T.A..:rolleyes: i went to recovery mode and flashed it ..i flashed that update with out enabling usb debugging ..
NOW I BRICKED MY PHONE all i am able to see is a boot logo all the time like it restarts and shows that boot logo i am unable to boot into recovery or factory mode.. i have been trying to unbrick it for hours and days :( as its the only phone i have .. please help me out of this cant install the drivers or my pc wont recognize the phone it ends up unable to install usb .. am really worried i cant buy an other phone please any one help me out of this .... i want to solve it solve it asap as i have no other phone to use please ..
First check out this thread for your drivers related problem. It should do the work. Then again try to follow the second method mentioned in this thread.
*in case if you are unable to flash the firmware even after installing the drivers via the way mentioned in that thread ,try to go for meta mod and flash recovery and then follow the first method.
b/w if you can boot into recovery then it would be the easiest way to escape outta chaos.
THEN SIMPLY FOLLOW THE FIRST METHOD THAT I THINK IS PRETTY EASY TO GET OUTTA BOOTLOOP.

BEST OF LUCK!!

A

Antrisxe

What does soft bricked means

Sent from my Micromax A110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Narayanan MK

Jul 8, 2014
chennai
Canvas 2 got bricked

My Devices: Micromax A110

I rooted my canvas 2 a month ago and installed suvi rom v15 through' cwm;changed my kernel to thunder zap and it was working fine but den I tried installing ultimate nexus (4.2.2) version.....now my mob got bricked..it is showing a blurred canvas logo and nothing else...i tried flashing ROM through' splash tool and splash tool shows the process is completed(indicated by green ring) but nothing good happened......

jatin@1

Jul 13, 2013
My Devices: Micromax A110

I rooted my canvas 2 a month ago and installed suvi rom v15 through' cwm;changed my kernel to thunder zap and it was working fine but den I tried installing ultimate nexus (4.2.2) version.....now my mob got bricked..it is showing a blurred canvas logo and nothing else...i tried flashing ROM through' splash tool and splash tool shows the process is completed(indicated by green ring) but nothing good happened......

Try the first way mentioned in the thread or else pls ensure that you got appropriate drivers installed in your pc.
For complete drivers installation guide go HERE

akkycool

Jul 20, 2014
my phone is dead

my unite 2 is not getting charged and its not getting on today I flashed it with stock rom with preloader was ticked so please somebody help me please

Amitkumarmishra

Aug 22, 2014
Help

hello jatin bro my a110 Stuck on starting logo yesterday and i was trying to flash with ur second method everything was working fine but after the completion of blue life flash tool shows an error that check log and now my fone is not even switching on or charging,
what to do now bro plz help

jatin@1

Jul 13, 2013
hello jatin bro my a110 Stuck on starting logo yesterday and i was trying to flash with ur second method everything was working fine but after the completion of blue life flash tool shows an error that check log and now my fone is not even switching on or charging,
what to do now bro plz help

reflash.....using sp flash tools. make sure that you have ALL THE DRIVERS PROPERLY INSTALLED IN YOUR PC FOR YOUR PHONE.

jjwaiting4u

Sep 9, 2014
Goa
need help

hi bro
have mmx canvas 4 bricked phone while formating via sp tool
now cant go into either recover mode, please help
thanks

jjwaiting4u

Sep 9, 2014
Goa
help needed

Hi jatin bhai
as mentioned in the above post while changing rom i bricked the phone
have canvas 4 rooted , in using sp tool i used format, now the phone is bricked ( cant go into recovery with vol key pressed down + power button) have costum rom downloaded? help is needed urgent
thanks for the help rendered

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many guys brick there fone while flashing some rom or upgrading or downgrading to different android versions......
    But unbricking a SOFT BRICKED canvas 2 is not a big deal.....
    Just follow these steps..

FIRST METHOD

1.Download the following zip file from here
    and boot into recovery mode by pressing volume up+volume down+power buttons simultaneously.
    2.Now select format data/wipe delvic cache and also wipe cache partition. Go to advanced and wipe delvic cache.
    3.Now place the above zip file in ur fones sd card( u may use a memory card reader or another fone for connecting ur memory card wid pc)
    4.Go to mounts and storage and select mount sd card select format system.
    5.Then go back and select install zip from sd card>choose from sd card and select the above downloaded zip file.
    6.After installation completes go back and select reboot system now.
    IF U R STILL STUCK AT BOOT LOGO THEN GO FOR THE SECOND METHOD OR OTHERWISE ENJOY AS UR FONE IS BACK TO LIFE AGAIN.

SECOND METHOD

1.First of all download and extract the following file to any specified folder........
    A.STOCK JELLYBEAN.RAR
    B.SP FLASH TOOLS
    *************THE PASSWORD OF SP FLASH TOOLS IS "jatin@1" (without quotation marks)****************
    2.now remove ur fone's battery and keep it aside.
    3.go to the folder where u have extracted sp flash tools. Run it as administration.
    4.click on scatter loading option and browse for the folder where u have extracted jb(or ics rom).
    5.now click on firmware upgrade option if flashing jb or if flashing ics click download option.
    6.connect ur fone to pc.
    Let the process complete. After it completes reinsert the battery and switch on ur fone.
    And wid this u should have successfully unbricked ur fone..
    Note:U will observe dat ur fone is unrooted again and cwm or twrp recovery has been replaced by stock recovery.

hit thx if i helped...
    I know dat a bricked fone cant be turned on but instead of making two different threads of getting out of bootloop and unbricking i combined them into one.
    Moreover many newbies simply use the term 'brick' instead of searching bootloops....
    this is not for unbricking its simple getting out of bootloop , a bricked phone cant be turned on. bricked simply means a phone becomes a brick and shall be used in some wall and cemented lol..
    P.S the second method can be used on mtk devices if they get bricked, probably by removing battery and just connecting the USB cable to phone and keepingSPflash on it will detect and flash .
    1) First perform an uninstall of the MMX/Mobistel drivers you already have on*
    your P.C. Install the drivers again.*
    2) On the PC/Laptop, start SP flash tool and select the right scatter from the factory stock A110 ROM.*un-tick*all except the first five (Preloader, DSP_BL, MBR, EBR1, UBOOT) + CWM recovery (You should have replaced default recovery with CWM recovery in the ROM folder). Click “Firmware-upgrade, Download.
    3) With battery taken off from your phone connect it to the PC/Lap using the USB cable.
    4) If your battery was having good charge when you were bricked, you can now power on to recovery mode and flash your CWM saved ROM or any other ROM.
    5) If your battery was low, when you were bricked, leave it to charge for an hour before attempting to flash the entire stock ROM through SP flash or CWM.

Sent from my Micromax A110 (Canvas 2) using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

it was just mentioned so that no one shall flash a new firmware without a properly switched off phone in a hurry.;)
    just to avoid another petty chance of a bootloop.
    ALL YOU NEED IS A PROPERLY SWITCHED OFF PHONE.