New Firmware downloading now..

Search This thread

integratyper

Jan 3, 2012
This is bs...how could there not be a resolution? Serial number unknown seems to be the only consistency with those who cannot update

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

Drained battery but did not work...anyone with any luck updating that could not previously?

doeboy711

Dec 12, 2009
Owings, MD
For thoses who can't update, do you get a "The application CMClient (process com.asus.cm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." everytime you boot up? I do lol, if you do I think I might have found an answer, but it's unconfirmed though. I can confirm it till I get home this evening. Here is a link to what I think is a solution.

sontin

Jan 17, 2011
I testet it, didn't solve the problem.

I wrote Asus about this. I hope they have a fix for us.

Ciddy

Nov 15, 2008
8.8.3.33 update live in remaining SKUs (DE, 1 day late). Update went fine, from .29, no camera update needed on mine, took about 5 minutes. Finally Swype is usable...

jefferyanderson

Jun 11, 2011
GPS still DEAD after update

For what it's worth, I just want to add my two cents on the GPS in case some people are getting overly optimistic with the promises of "improved performance" - my GPS still sees exactly ZERO satellites no matter how long it's left with a clear view of the open sky.

Pretty bummed about this... taking it back to Future Shop this afternoon.

Has anyone tested the new .33 version of firmware to see if the Bluetooth + WiFi issue is still persistent?

_Gir_

Dec 18, 2011
8.8.3.33 update live in remaining SKUs (DE, 1 day late). Update went fine, from .29, no camera update needed on mine, took about 5 minutes. Finally Swype is usable...

Interesting. I went from .27 to .33 and then needed the camera update shortly after I achieved .33.

rockstatus90

Nov 4, 2008
Can someone get me this file so I can manually run it? Because my Prime's WiFi won't turn on...would like to see if .33 helps...

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
For thoses who can't update, do you get a "The application CMClient (process com.asus.cm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." everytime you boot up? I do lol, if you do I think I might have found an answer, but it's unconfirmed though. I can confirm it till I get home this evening. Here is a link to what I think is a solution.
this method worked for me

Reactions: rockstatus90

doeboy711

Dec 12, 2009
Owings, MD
I tried doing it but when it rebooted my battery died lol. I haven't had a chance to test it out, but for the first minute or so I didn't get a pop-up telling me it stopped. So I guess that's good.

bryan_z

Sep 20, 2009
perpetual reboot loop

the OTA updates launched me into a perpetual reboot loop. i tried letting the battery drain all the way down but it didn't stop it once I powered back up the next day.

ASUS phone tech's want me to send it in for service, but before I send it I am hoping that someone has another solution I can try.

Has this happened to anyone else?

ajamils

Sep 10, 2010
Houston, TX
I had similar issue and couldn't get it to work. Sending mine to Asus today.

Posted via the Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™.

Kilroy672

May 31, 2008
The Buckeye State
I got the new ICS firmware for the camera a few nights ago. I read on another forum site that the new firmware will brake the camera? I have not done the update. Is it ture or not true about the new ICS camera firmware update braking the camera? If true I will hold off until a fix is out.

ilostmypistons

Jan 25, 2011
McHenry Il
I got the new ICS firmware for the camera a few nights ago. I read on another forum site that the new firmware will brake the camera? I have not done the update. Is it ture or not true about the new ICS camera firmware update braking the camera? If true I will hold off until a fix is out.

Work fine for me

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the ASUS-Germany Facebook Page:
    update.jpg
    right after installing the update, I did a GPS test and I'm able to get 8-10 satellites from my home office. I used to never get a signal here. I will test more and report back.
    WIFI is not required for GPS to function. But yes, even with Wifi turned on.

I am so not bothered by this gps nonsense i never turned off my wifi to check, when i go to weather, it knows where am i am, when i go to maps it locks on instantly, when i go to checkins, it knows where i am.

in my eyes GPS works. idc if i go outside with some sattelite app with wifi off if it connects to them. it works, thats all i care about.

if you are using a 10.1 tablet as a GPS in your car then i really don't know what to say.
    Google plus app keeps crashing after this update...

Same here. Got it to work by going into Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Google+ > Clear Data , then Force stop. First time you load Google+ you will then need to select your account.
    this method worked for me