Android 4.3: first impressions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
Ok guys,

I've just installed the DooMLord's leaked 4.3 rom, downloaded here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603473

My first impression so far:

1) WiFi signal seems very improved :laugh:

2) Smoothness... no lags at all... and in general the device is very reactive, for example when I switch on and off the display.. that's great!

3) The Honami interface is very enjoyable (for the first time I don't feel the need to install another launcher)

4) Status and nav bars are transparent, semi-transparent, non-transparent depending on the situation... I like this feature very much :victory:

5) Stamina mode and almost all other staff of 2013 flagship devices, are present now

What's yours? Any bugs?

Last edited:

deoliveiranv

May 11, 2012
hi Big problem here....... "unfortunately,NFC Service has Stopped".....I have this message all the time.

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
hi Big problem here....... "unfortunately,NFC Service has Stopped".....I have this message all the time.
I haven't got the chance to test yet, but my NFC is active and no problems here.
Are you sure that before flashing, your last rom was based on .145?

Can you put widget on the lock screen? Stock or aosp

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk
On the lock screen, if you swipe from the left you can add some preinstalled widgets (calendar, email, gmail, google now, google+) and some widget of your apps from google play (if they work also with lock screen) ;)

If you swipe from the right, you always go to the camera app

Last edited:
Reactions: datagubben
in my opinion, i hope the final released version will be more optimized.
sure, because of jellybean 4.3 the firmware feels more smooth.
i have problem with wifi signal sometimes (same or more worst than my 4.1.2jb) wifi already sometimes disconnect completely :/
at least for me i not see much wifi signal improvement...

i really hope this will be improved in final 4.3 :rolleyes:

+ sony media apps are nice, love the sound of walkman and clearaudio
+ love the dialer xD
+ sony lockscreen
+ all in all more smooth than 4.1, sure
+ love the appdrawer

- the light background is ugly -i prefer it light- but not that type of background, you can clearly see a more white round section (like a spotlight at one point of the background :/ good we will be able to theme that somehow :p
- the Ui feels like not completed yet, why sony not made light themed popup/dialog windows everywhere? i not get it (half light, half dark themed, thats what i would call it)
for example, why no light themed note app, but on the other hand the soundpicker is light themed?...sure its just aesthetic thing, but....it hurts my eyes
- no quicktoggle longpress function

Last edited:

Torres77an

Jul 8, 2011
Burnaby BC
in my opinion, i hope the final released version will be more optimized.
sure, because of jellybean 4.3 the firmware feels more smooth.
i have problem with wifi signal sometimes (same or more worst than my 4.1.2jb) wifi already sometimes disconnect completely :/
at least for me i not see much wifi signal improvement...

i really hope this will be improved in final 4.3 :rolleyes:

+ sony media apps are nice, love the sound of walkman and clearaudio
+ love the dialer xD
+ sony lockscreen
+ all in all more smooth than 4.1, sure
+ love the appdrawer

- the light background is ugly -i prefer it light- but not that type of background, you can clearly see a more white round section (like a spotlight at one point of the background :/ good we will be able to theme that somehow :p
- the Ui feels like not completed yet, why sony not made light themed popup/dialog windows everywhere? i not get it (half light, half dark themed, thats what i would call it)
for example, why no light themed note app, but on the other hand the soundpicker is light themed?...sure its just aesthetic thing, but....it hurts my eyes
- no quicktoggle longpress function

Agreed the white background without any contrast hurts my eyes this might work better on an IPS display but not on my Xperia T and if we can't fix that with an applied theme then I might not even update .

Sent from Shane's Xperia T LT30a

Last edited:

Midleo

Impression

My impression that for TX the 4.3 even not certified! That one thing in very amazing on 4.3!!!

I have SXTX!

Before i had Acro S and was the same situation - every S/SL user are already enjoyed the just leaked 4.1.2 but ive been still wait!!

Now again i bought a special device!!!

thedisturbedone

Nov 5, 2011
My impression that for TX the 4.3 even not certified! That one thing in very amazing on 4.3!!!

I have SXTX!

Before i had Acro S and was the same situation - every S/SL user are already enjoyed the just leaked 4.1.2 but ive been still wait!!

Haha I feel bad for you buddy. When buying an android, always consider the amount of development involved. And remember that mainstream devices get the most attention simply because there are more users - like all Samsung flagships.

In other news.. after reading the reviews,, i feel like audio quality is the only thing good about this release. Hmm..

Midleo

Haha I feel bad for you buddy. When buying an android, always consider the amount of development involved. And remember that mainstream devices get the most attention simply because there are more users - like all Samsung flagships.

In other news.. after reading the reviews,, i feel like audio quality is the only thing good about this release. Hmm..

I like modding the devices .... i always did tha even with my K750i when i put to him a W700i software cause that had walkman player!!! :D

Before i bought my TX i known that TX is rare... T/TL and V the popular ones but TX its just for Europe or for what so... i forgot exactly...

Im not angry at all, just said a bit.... all i can to do is wait because the "Time" is answer for all my question!!!

Ciziokas

Dec 24, 2011
Huawei P40 Pro
How about notifications on lock screen? (Missed calls, messages and so on) example i had these on Xperia V with Android 4.0.4 ICS, and it was on my xperia mini pro (GB 2.3)

Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Arc-S-Android-Phone.jpg

devilmaycry2020

Apr 27, 2013

I have SXTX!

Me too, so sad for TX user.do sony. Maybe sony want TX user buy new phone

Torres77an

Jul 8, 2011
Burnaby BC
How about notifications on lock screen? (Missed calls, messages and so on) example i had these on Xperia V with Android 4.0.4 ICS, and it was on my xperia mini pro (GB 2.3)

Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-Arc-S-Android-Phone.jpg

Yeah I say it's time to bring those back it's nice when they add features but what's the point of taking others away in the process .

Sent from Shane's Xperia T LT30a

tendyfish

Sep 14, 2011
Just ran the leak for almost a full day!, now switching back to Omni.
here is what i think

1.Sound quality when playing music is great. a major and welcome improvement
2.UI is much smoother now with little lag which slightly increases after installing apps and snycing
3.Camera UI is quite impressive, though the burst shot really takes its time between shots
4. App Drawer ......Meh!!!, i dont like how the space on the top and bottom part of the screen is wasted, i prefer apps taking up more space on the drawer like in KitKat
5.Finally, Battery life...not so good, it drains faster than stock 4.1.2.

since its not the final thing, i wont stress that much, just hope the final build is better and addresses the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok guys,

I've just installed the DooMLord's leaked 4.3 rom, downloaded here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2603473

My first impression so far:

1) WiFi signal seems very improved :laugh:

2) Smoothness... no lags at all... and in general the device is very reactive, for example when I switch on and off the display.. that's great!

3) The Honami interface is very enjoyable (for the first time I don't feel the need to install another launcher)

4) Status and nav bars are transparent, semi-transparent, non-transparent depending on the situation... I like this feature very much :victory:

5) Stamina mode and almost all other staff of 2013 flagship devices, are present now

What's yours? Any bugs?
    Suggestion: please stop discussing battery life if you have not used the firmware in question for at least two weeks.
    Discussion thread for a leaked stock release is not allowed.

If you want to reply about the DooMLoRD leak then use its thread.

When the new version is released then you will get 1 discussion thread for the release.

Thread closed
    .278 also removed by Xperia V now :'(
    You forgot to post this in every other thread in this subsection. You only posted it in three threads. Please fix your mistake.
    1. Outstanding battery life (I know, I know, I shouldn't write this but for now it's great)
    2. Blazing fast, smoothand and beautiful UI
    3. Excellent WiFi performance and range
    4. Finally, bug-free auto-brightness!
    5. More customizations in settings!
    6. STAMINA!
    7. 4.3! :D

One glitch I've found - when installing any app with stock app installer, its name is too low and overlaps on the line below.

My phone is T. Xperia T.