[FW][RADIO][RIL] Network Scanning Error & MMS Fix for AOSP JB & KitKat ROMs

Search This thread

XxXPachaXxX

May 1, 2010
Naples
Surely not a liar a "confuser" probably :laugh:.

Download HTC-RIL_4.0.0037HMQ_AOSP.zip from 1st post and extract libril.so - that's the file to examine, cause it varies from ROM to ROM and contains crucial info about how ROM communicates with RIL (I guess).

libhtc_ril.so (actual RIL) is the same for Sense and AOSP, in fact there is no such a thing as Sense RIL or AOSP RIL, it's all about libril.so file.

:cowboy:

i know :) but as i know libril.so can interface good with other libs in sense roms and aosp also.
I'm not a confuser ;) i know what i say. Do you doubt?

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

The libril.so in your zip isn't from htc. It's compiled by someone with gcc 4.6 (compiled with an aosp rom (?))

Noobel

Mar 27, 2013
i know :) but as i know libril.so can interface good with other libs in sense roms and aosp also.

No doubt in your qualification for sure, mate! :good:

Just confused how do you manage to flash stempox's RILs on AOSP without losing network. I particular on Albinoman's CM10.1

It just doesn't work without prior modifications.

Nevermind. I just hope you'll be interested in making ION kernel for AOSP ROMs once Sebastian releases the code. ;)

The libril.so in your zip isn't from htc. It's compiled by someone with gcc 4.6 (compiled with an aosp rom (?))

It's from cile's AOSP 4.2.2 build 4 and yes it's definitely a modified one. So are the rest of libril.so in all AOSP based ROMs they differ in each ROM even with each build (didn't check Sense ROMs yet).

Last edited:

ximmox

Mar 14, 2010

Dear Pacha, as Noobel said, nobody doubts your statements. ;)

But I can confirm that flashing the RILs from stempox's thread lead to disconnected data on AOSP Roms, so Noobel is far from the only one experiencing this issue.
Thanks to both of you this seems fixed now, I'll monitor closely over the following days if the "new" ...37 RIL works better on my phone than the old ...24. :good:

XxXPachaXxX

May 1, 2010
Naples

Just confused how do you manage to flash stempox's RILs on AOSP without losing network. I particular on Albinoman's CM10.1

Nevermind. I just hope you'll be interested in making ION kernel for AOSP ROMs once Sebastian releases the code. ;)

It's from cile's AOSP 4.2.2 build 4 and yes it's definitely a modified one. So are the rest of libril.so in all AOSP based ROMs they differ in each ROM even with each build (didn't check Sense ROMs yet).

But I can confirm that flashing the RILs from stempox's thread lead to disconnected data on AOSP Roms, so Noobel is far from the only one experiencing this issue.
Thanks to both of you this seems fixed now, I'll monitor closely over the following days if the "new" ...37 RIL works better on my phone than the old ...24. :good:

The strange thing it that i can flash rils package without losing baseband functionality. And .37 doesn't work good for me :laugh:
"not all chips are made equally" (cit. Faux) LOL
For kernel, i'm also porting 3.4 kernel, and it will be not a problem to make an AOSP version :)

Turwaithion

Jul 2, 2011
Noobel
Great work !

Could you possibly make a a .36 RIL for Albinomans CM10.1 also ?

I am also experiencing MMS issues when using .37 RIL(can send but not recieve since it seems the baseband is stock in bootloop) and also loose network when flashing .36 from stempox thread.

In the "original" RIL .24 in Albinomans I was not able to send/recieve MMS at all (unless wifi was enabled)

Noobel

Mar 27, 2013
Noobel
Great work !

Could you possibly make a a .36 RIL for Albinomans CM10.1 also ?

I am also experiencing MMS issues when using .37 RIL(can send but not recieve since it seems the baseband is stock in bootloop) and also loose network when flashing .36 from stempox thread.

In the "original" RIL .24 in Albinomans I was not able to send/recieve MMS at all (unless wifi was enabled)

Sure, check the OP ;)

gauravmajithia

Jan 29, 2013
Just updated my RIL and saw network did not appear... After i flashed this FIX...zooooppppp... magic... superb job. Great fix...

Cheers!!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app

Turwaithion

Jul 2, 2011

Sadly for me .36 had same effect as .24 Only .37 made me able to send but not recieve mms.

This is a hard nut to crack - since back when using Bruces CM10 with .24 RIL there was no issue with MMS in Denmark

I stand corrected - neither .36 or .37 lets me either send or recieve mms unless I'm on wifi.

But thanks for the .30 anyway :)

Last edited:

Noobel

Mar 27, 2013
Sadly for me .36 had same effect as .24 Only .37 made me able to send but not recieve mms.

THis is a hard nut to crack - since back when using Bruces CM10 with .24 RIL there was no issue with MMS in Denmark

It just needs someone with sufficient skills, free time and will to fix this thing in the ROM.

Did you try other AOSP 4.2.2 based ROMs? Do they have the same MMS issue?

Try cile's pure AOSP or Dragünkorr version of CM10.1 if you'd like too and report your experience.

Turwaithion

Jul 2, 2011
It just needs someone with sufficient skills, free time and will to fix this thing in the ROM.

Did you try other AOSP 4.2.2 based ROMs? Do they have the same MMS issue?

Try cile's pure AOSP or Dragünkorr version of CM10.1 if you'd like too and report your experience.

No I haven't tried them - but i will this weekend :) How are the compared to Albinomans 4.2.2 in other aspects ? Do they also have static in the beginning of audio in video recordings ?

XxXPachaXxX

May 1, 2010
Naples
You are right :) libril.so is rom related, libhtc_ril.so is the only lib to change. However if an updated libril.so + rild daemon are working, it's better :)

There are Ril version 4.0.0063, try it on aosp:
http://d-h.st/RwG

topgeardave

Aug 5, 2011
Anyone managed to get this working on Bruces CM10? I'm currently on 3.32 fw and I don't want to go on 3.33 as it's not very friendly with 3UK in terms of coverage :/
I've tried all 3 files and I lose baseband :/
Kind Regards
Dave

Last edited:

Noobel

Mar 27, 2013
You are right :) libril.so is rom related, libhtc_ril.so is the only lib to change. However if an updated libril.so + rild daemon are working, it's better :)

There are Ril version 4.0.0063, try it on aosp:
http://d-h.st/RwG

I've already tried it (from Sebastian's Revelation ROM) and it's not working with AOSP.

Anyone managed to get this working on Bruces CM10? I'm currently on 3.32 fw and I don't want to go on 3.33 as it's not very friendly with 3UK in terms of coverage :/
I've tried all 3 files and I lose baseband :/
Kind Regards
Dave

Strange, it supposed to work... Anyways before I test it myself you can revert to the original Bruce's RIL by flashing HTC-RIL_4.0.0024HMQ_CM10_Bruce.zip or try this HTC-RIL_4.0.0037HMQ_CM10_Bruce.zip it will only update the RIL without Network scan fix. It should work.

Updating firmware is optional and not an absolute necessity.

I suggest you also check the matching firmware for your radio version and let me know, I'll do a flashable zip for ya.

Attachments

• HTC-RIL_4.0.0024HMQ_CM10_Bruce.zip
    474.3 KB · Views: 17
  • HTC-RIL_4.0.0037HMQ_CM10_Bruce.zip
    478 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: topgeardave

Noobel

Mar 27, 2013
Where did you get that version? ViperS 3.0.2 I assume...

Sebastian's Revelation is .63 and it's not working with current AOSP ROMs.

Probably .56 won't too.

Well obviously ViperS 3.0.2 uses the same RIL .63 as the Revelation.

ARHD maybe..

btw, ARHD 7 is only ROM which does not have WiFi country & other problem!! (and no WiFix require)
can ARHD authors open they secrets?! maybe if meny of us ask ?!

ARHD 7.3 just like stock and many other Sense ROMs uses .37. Only T-Mobile ARHD is using .24 for a reason.

So .56 is mystery to me. Could you extract and attach it to you post here? It's located ROM.zip\system\lib\libhtc_ril.so

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've found a simple solution to infamous Error while scanning for networks message with Android 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x and 4.4.x AOSP based ROMs and decided to share it with all of you. It should be safe to install this fix on any custom AOSP based ROM. Not compatible with Sense ROMs!

To install the fix just flash an attached zip file from recovery.

And re-flash it again if you did a ROM update! ;)

Caution! Prior to flashing on 4.1.x based ROMs, open zip with winrar and delete rild file from /system/bin/.

There are 3 versions to choose from

HTC-RIL_4.0.0024HMQ_AOSP.zip - original files extracted from cile381's AOSP 4.2.2 build 4! 100% credit goes to him. Thanx dude! :good:
    You may want to install a matching radio 11.72.3504.00U_11.23.3504.08_M2 with this rather old but widely spread RIL not a mandatory though.
    For some reason all AOSP ROMs (official CM, albinoman887, LaidbackNikez, cile381, DragunKorr, etc...) use the same identical libhtc_ril.so v4.0.0024 and different modifications of libril.so and rild with their ROMs...

HTC-RIL_4.0.0037HMQ_AOSP.zip - same as above with an updated libhtc_ril.so to v4.0.0037 so you can safely use it with the latest radio.
    This is the latest official RIL for Sensation and is now included in legendary CM ROM by bruce2728 (recommended).

HTC-RIL_4.0.0056HMQ_AOSP.zip - same as above with an updated libhtc_ril.so to v4.0.0056 from Inspiration ROM (One S ICS).
    Please note this RIL wasn't originally intended for Sensation but still works great and has become a part of fantastic CM ROM by Sultan (bleeding edge).

All tested and working!

HTC-RIL_4.0.0036HMQ_AOSP.zip - same as above with an updated libhtc_ril.so to v4.0.0036 by request.

INFO: RIL 4.0.0063 from Relevation/ViperS 3.1.x JB ROM (One S JB) will not work with current breed of AOPS-based ROMs (requires ion/hboot/firmware), probably will work with future ION AOSP ROMs

To check RIL version run getprop "gsm.version.ril-impl" (with the quotes) in Terminal Emulator or use CID Getter and search for gsm.version.ril-impl.

Funny enough, when GetRil is used to install latest Sensation RIL .37 it won't recognize it after device reboot. :D In fact GetRil doesn't analyze anything it just checks what's installed and compares with it's database which is not up to date and definitely doesn't have any info about matching/not matching radio/ril from different ported ROMs.

MMS fix (may cause problems with data connection on some networks)

If you're unable to send/receive MMS while mobile internet is active and Wi-Fi is off do a simple trick to fix it:

open build.prop and add skipbrokendatacall to this line:

Code:
    ro.telephony.ril.v3=datacallapn,signalstrength[COLOR="Red"],skipbrokendatacall[/COLOR]

Save and restart your phone. (You may need to set permissions to file before restarting, depending on text editor used.)

Latest FW & Radio (optional but highly recommended)

To install the latest firmware and the latest radio just flash* this file!
    MD5: de9987bae2d70a20e11ecb4a32363a0d
    SHA: 0d08cd59385d1d26018538616f0a39ea5e7d2811

Note: your device must be S-OFF !!!

File contains latest firmware 3.33, hboot 1.29.0000 and radio 11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M.

To check firmware version connect to PC, fastboot load into the bootloader and type: fastboot getvar version-main

Firmware is identical to the original firmware by mike1986. with an updated radio (thank you stempox).
    Nevermind a locked status of 1.29.0000, I don't think you'll really need an unlocked one, you're S-OFF anyways... ;)
    You can always use HBoot 1.27.1100 Patch to go from locked hboot 1.29.0000 to unlocked hboot 1.27.1100 (thank you Kohr-Ah)

Enjoy!

PS Don't forget to make a nandroid backup, just in case... ;)

*How to flash firmware (credits to mike1986.):

if you're superCID just follow from step 3

1. Check your CID using fastboot getvar cid and MID using fastboot getvar mid
    2a. If your CID and MID are supported by default, navigate to point 3.
    2b. If your CID or MID is not supported by default, do this: (you do it at your own risk)
    2c. Open PG58IMG.zip (don't extract it)
    2d. Open android-info.txt in text editor
    2e. Add your cidnum: <your CID> or modelid: <your MID> to the list, save file and close archive
    3. Place PG58IMG.zip on your SD card
    4. Boot your device holding power button + vol down button
    5. Follow instructions on the screen
    Hi @Noobel!

I do not know how you did the job with RIL files, I mean mixing existing files or some modification into the code, but anyway, Could you do these RIL's versions for new ROM CM10 by bruce http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1782009 to work on AOSP 4.1.2? That rom flies, believe me, but i need the network scan at work due to mobile signal problems with my carrier.

If i have said any nonsense please do not get me wrong.

Thanks.

Regards.

Try the attached HTC-RIL_4.0.0037HMQ_test.zip and report. If it's good - great, if not - flash HTC-RIL_4.0.0037HMQ_CM10_Bruce_11_Sept.zip - this will revert to orig files from Bruce's 11 Sept ROM and only update RIL to .37 - surely it will work but no network scan fix.

That's all I can do for ya. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer to edit code...

wheres the download for the latest zip. it brought me to some page with links to gapps etc for sensation/sensation xe

Both zips are attached, just downloaded the .37 ril and it's working fine.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Sorry for the "dumb question", but hopefully someone can explain: I'm using the 76A radio and Albinoman's ROM without any modifications and don't have any issues currently. What is this "fix" supposed to do?

It only fixes the search for networks error that happened with aosp/cm roms. If you don't need that fix you can just flash the ril you want to match the latest radio.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The strange thing it that i can flash rils package without losing baseband functionality. And .37 doesn't work good for me :laugh:
    "not all chips are made equally" (cit. Faux) LOL
    For kernel, i'm also porting 3.4 kernel, and it will be not a problem to make an AOSP version :)
    I replied you in the cm10.1 thread. As i said users can directly flash rils pack from radio/ril thread (tnx stempox)

That's not exactly true. If users will flash directly from stempox thread they'll end up with dead network connection!

They have to update libhtc_ril.so only to update RIL and libril.so from cile's 4.2.2b4 rom to fix network scanning.

For instance GetRIL updates only libhtc_ril.so

stempox's libril.so seemed to be designed for Sense and do not work on AOSP...

wheres the download for the latest zip. it brought me to some page with links to gapps etc for sensation/sensation xe

just click the file in the Attached Files Box in he very first post :cool:

Never had this problem, I cannot comment, please try yourself and let us know