[Windows APP][I9070] --| TerminalKernel Beta 0.3 & Siri Settings |-- Flash JB Kernels

Search This thread

Chry_Gigio

Sep 17, 2010
[Windows APP][I9070] --| TerminalKernel Beta 0.3 & Siri Settings |-- Flash JB Kernels

So guys this program might result kind of useless, still i had some free time and wanted to do something for all the owners of I9070.

This program only works with Windows and I9070!

So basically what does it do?:D

kernel Installing in the easiest way!

A little Quick Video on how Terminal Kernel Works!

http://youtu.be/fQs0ZwHneTo

Welcome Screen ----> Click Terminal Kernel
Select the Kernel
Select the Push Button
Select the Flash Button

That's IT!

With a new functionality now you can Activate or Deactivate Siri Kernel's features! Wifi Boost and Sound Boost!

I plan on adding Automatic Logcat retrieve etc so that EVERYONE will be able to help our developers EASILY!

Feedbacks would be welcome!:D

REQUIREMENTS :

Usb Debug ON
(Settings ---> Developer Option ---> Activate ----> Debug Usb)

Rooted Phone Thanks Shaaan!
Shaaan's Root Method for JB

.Net Framework 4.0
Net Framework 4.0

The kernel MUST be flashable from Terminal Emulator (Thunderzap, Siri Kernel and Cocore E)

That's IT! :D

Download is in NEXT TOPIC (Changelog)!!!

Last edited:

Chry_Gigio

Sep 17, 2010

CHANGELOG
Beta 0,3b
Not many changes here really, just code rivisited :eek:
Download 0.3b

Beta 0.3
Some stability improvements :D Added Siri Settings functionality! Now you can switch siri's features on and off!:D Let me know how it goes guys, bugs are always around the corner! :p

Beta 0.2.6
Ok should be fixed the problem that papski2 had , but this is a Temporary Build.. With this i mean, you wont see any confirm of the flash, the confirm will be the Phone that Reboots! I'm sleepy and i don't have time to do more testing since i have to wake up early to go to work.. so guys See you tomorrow night!:D

Beta 0.2.4
Ok i should've fixed a little bug... And i've added Logs Reports! If anything goes wrong please send me the log i would really appreciate it!

Beta 0.2.3
A few more flash performance improvement, now this is a multithreaded app :eek: My first multithreaded application Beware guys!:D No more hangs!:D

Beta 0.2
Some performance improvement, now takes less time to flash :p
I guess this is Stable Enough to call it a Beta !:D

V0.1c
Changed layout, added some info, Soon there'll be a nice tool as well in here :p

V0.1b
BugFixing, no more Hangs at Flashing of the Kernel i hope!

V 0.1
Initial Release, Alpha build for testing purposes.​

Last edited:
Reactions: soorya3d

atishey23

Apr 27, 2012
You are looking at it
Re: [Windows APP][I9070] --| TerminalKernel |-- Flash JB kernels from WINDOWS!

To do this , is it necessary that the phone should be switched on. Coz when I flashed a kernel using phone I get in to a bootloop ( stuckb on splash screen)....so can this help.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

Chry_Gigio

Sep 17, 2010
not work for me, stuck after click "Flash This Da*n Kernel"

Yeah sorry about that, that's a known bug.. uhm... perhaps i should let the user manually reboot his phone.. it's the "adb shell reboot" command that is giving me this issue actually...

Anyway if your phone rebooted you should've flashed it successfully!

To do this , is it necessary that the phone should be switched on. Coz when I flashed a kernel using phone I get in to a bootloop ( stuckb on splash screen)....so can this help.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

Ye... the phone must be switched on and with usb debug enabled.. Uhm that's pretty weird, give it a shot .

WOW!
So We can change kernels easily from PC? Sounds good!

As long as the Kernel can be flashed via Terminal Emulator YES!

Yeah i have to add that to the first post...

Last edited:

Chry_Gigio

Sep 17, 2010
Flashed kernel with your application. Just that "Non responding" is little confusing. :) But you said it will be fixed. :D
Otherwise all fine. ;)
Q: Where is kernel file pushed? What folder on phone? :D

Thank you shut_Down that's exactly what i needed a tester for :p I uploaded another version (0.2.1)... with Non responding you mean that it completely hangs and you have to kill the process? or just that during the flash it hangs? I mean.. do you see the MessageBox that says : "Everything should be fine"?

They are pushed on mtn/sdcard :) Internel Card... Though if needed i could place it pretty much everywhere..

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Thank you shut_Down that's exactly what i needed a tester for :p I uploaded another version (0.2.1)... with Non responding you mean that it completely hangs and you have to kill the process? or just that during the flash it hangs? I mean.. do you see the MessageBox that says : "Everything should be fine"?

They are pushed on mtn/sdcard :) Internel Card... Though if needed i could place it pretty much everywhere..

Not, thats where I put kernels to test. :) Just wanted to know.

And no, it do not hang. It is just untill flashing is finished. I do see "Everything should be fine", and kernel is flashed. After phone start to reboot app is responding normaly. :good::good::good:

V 0.2.1. is working same, flash went fine. Just it has that Not responding too. It is not problem, just not to pay attention on it. :)

Last edited:

Chry_Gigio

Sep 17, 2010
Not, thats where I put kernels to test. :) Just wanted to know.

And no, it do not hang. It is just untill flashing is finished. I do see "Everything should be fine", and kernel is flashed. After phone start to reboot app is responding normaly. :good::good::good:

Ok so i have to create a separate Thread in order to handle the flash without hang... Uuuhm.. then i'll upload another version that puts it in sdcard/TerminalKernel :)

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Ok so i have to create a separate Thread in order to handle the flash without hang... Uuuhm.. then i'll upload another version that puts it in sdcard/TerminalKernel :)

Ok. And this could be very helpfull, because last few days I flashed a lot of kernels for testing. ;) :good: :good: :good:

With this will be - download kernel, open app, select kernel, flash - done. :cool:

Sami Kabir

Oct 3, 2012
Sorry for going off-topic but can you please tell me how you made this app? I don't want to make or copy your app just want to make an app.. I want to impress my friends and my teachers on my College by making an app similar to this...

Did you use Visual Basic and C++ by any chance... because it looks like that.. :)

papski2

Nov 23, 2012
I got a problem, i got debug usb mode on but still program says that i don't have it turned on and when i connected phone to PC it still shows on notification bar that it's multimedia mode or something like this. JB XXLPZ + deodex

Reactions: frapeti

Chry_Gigio

Sep 17, 2010
R: [Windows APP][I9070] --| TerminalKernel Beta 0.2.3 |-- Flash JB kernels from WINDO

Just got out of work, will answer you ASAP. Which os are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

papski2

Nov 23, 2012
Windows 7 x64, just uninstalled Samsung drivers and installed naked ones, still nothing :(

Chry_Gigio

Sep 17, 2010
R: [Windows APP][I9070] --| TerminalKernel Beta 0.2.3 |-- Flash JB kernels from WINDO

Ok just to make sure, your phone is rooted right? As soon as I get home I'll include a log section in the program and will upload the new one, if you can wait until tonight so that u can send me the log I would appreciate it :)

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So guys this program might result kind of useless, still i had some free time and wanted to do something for all the owners of I9070.

This program only works with Windows and I9070!

So basically what does it do?:D

kernel Installing in the easiest way!

A little Quick Video on how Terminal Kernel Works!

http://youtu.be/fQs0ZwHneTo

Welcome Screen ----> Click Terminal Kernel
    Select the Kernel
    Select the Push Button
    Select the Flash Button

That's IT!

With a new functionality now you can Activate or Deactivate Siri Kernel's features! Wifi Boost and Sound Boost!

I plan on adding Automatic Logcat retrieve etc so that EVERYONE will be able to help our developers EASILY!

Feedbacks would be welcome!:D

REQUIREMENTS :

Usb Debug ON
    (Settings ---> Developer Option ---> Activate ----> Debug Usb)

Rooted Phone Thanks Shaaan!
    Shaaan's Root Method for JB

.Net Framework 4.0
    Net Framework 4.0

The kernel MUST be flashable from Terminal Emulator (Thunderzap, Siri Kernel and Cocore E)

That's IT! :D

Download is in NEXT TOPIC (Changelog)!!!

So.. here i am , still alive, just freaking busy xD Well.. there would still be so many things to add.. But i've lost the Solution , the project for the program.. And i don't have time to put it back together... So, for now, this project will be on a hold.. Sorry, asap i'll be back :) I've learned many things in theese months about developing!:D Hope to be able to help more soon!
    Ok. And this could be very helpfull, because last few days I flashed a lot of kernels for testing. ;) :good: :good: :good:

With this will be - download kernel, open app, select kernel, flash - done. :cool:

Ok! Anf anf... Now the kernels go into /mnt/sdcard/TerminalKernels/
    This is now a Multi-Threaded application so it wont hang anymore :p

CHANGELOG
    Beta 0,3b
    Not many changes here really, just code rivisited :eek:
    Download 0.3b

Beta 0.3
    Some stability improvements :D Added Siri Settings functionality! Now you can switch siri's features on and off!:D Let me know how it goes guys, bugs are always around the corner! :p

Beta 0.2.6
    Ok should be fixed the problem that papski2 had , but this is a Temporary Build.. With this i mean, you wont see any confirm of the flash, the confirm will be the Phone that Reboots! I'm sleepy and i don't have time to do more testing since i have to wake up early to go to work.. so guys See you tomorrow night!:D

Beta 0.2.4
    Ok i should've fixed a little bug... And i've added Logs Reports! If anything goes wrong please send me the log i would really appreciate it!

Beta 0.2.3
    A few more flash performance improvement, now this is a multithreaded app :eek: My first multithreaded application Beware guys!:D No more hangs!:D

Beta 0.2
    Some performance improvement, now takes less time to flash :p
    I guess this is Stable Enough to call it a Beta !:D

V0.1c
    Changed layout, added some info, Soon there'll be a nice tool as well in here :p

V0.1b
    BugFixing, no more Hangs at Flashing of the Kernel i hope!

V 0.1
    Initial Release, Alpha build for testing purposes.​
    I got a problem, i got debug usb mode on but still program says that i don't have it turned on and when i connected phone to PC it still shows on notification bar that it's multimedia mode or something like this. JB XXLPZ + deodex