Indian here. Planning on getting a 32GB Moto X. Need to know if it'll work in India.

Search This thread

zeabagsfull

Jan 19, 2014
Bangalore
Hi. I'm based in Bangalore, India. I plan to get a 32GB Moto X with a Bamboo back from a friend in the States. I have a few questions about it, if anybody would be kind to help that'd be awesome.

1) Is there an unlocked version of the device and will it work in India?
2) How much would the device cost me including tax? I know tax laws are different according to state but I'd like to know the price range it would fall in.
3) More general questions about the phone: Is it of a durable build quality? How's the camera? I've read a ton of reviews but I want to know some real life comments. Also, I don't want to accidentally crack my screen from the smallest drop and get into the trouble of having to send the phone overseas back to the USA for customer support.

sravanz

Apr 6, 2011
It should work in india. I sent an att moto x and my friend is using it from 3 months. Normal moto x from motomaker would cost you 399+tax. Not sure about the wooden ones. Camera is bad other than that everything is great in this phone

Gundabolu SC

Sep 9, 2013
Hi. I'm based in Bangalore, India. I plan to get a 32GB Moto X with a Bamboo back from a friend in the States. I have a few questions about it, if anybody would be kind to help that'd be awesome.

1) Is there an unlocked version of the device and will it work in India?
2) How much would the device cost me including tax? I know tax laws are different according to state but I'd like to know the price range it would fall in.
3) More general questions about the phone: Is it of a durable build quality? How's the camera? I've read a ton of reviews but I want to know some real life comments. Also, I don't want to accidentally crack my screen from the smallest drop and get into the trouble of having to send the phone overseas back to the USA for customer support.
Works perfectly man, but obviously we dont have 4G but everything else just works fine!! I am on Vodafone... Bangalore! :D

L7iharsha

Aug 25, 2011
Vijaywada
But don't get Verizon or att customized version of the Verizon or att doesn't work on gsm

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

L7iharsha

Aug 25, 2011
Vijaywada
Sprint cdma doesn't work with Indian gsm carriers and Att customized not unlockable and recently I got Customized Verizon one I can't use gsm reason Verizon blocked gsm only I can use cdma

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
If you use gsm and want a moto maker one with bamboo, etc, your best option is the t mobile version. Its the same hardware as the gsm Dev edition, is factory Sim unlocked, and carries the most freq bands.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

L7iharsha

Aug 25, 2011
Vijaywada
Actually I'm getting signal but only few minutes and immediately it showing emergency only or no service but one weird thing is I can access internet whatever 3G or 2G

mayavi22

Mar 26, 2014
Sorry for hijacking this thread. I thought it better to post in this one than start a new one since my query is similar.
My question is which edition of Moto X is being sold in India? It is definitely an unlocked gsm phone as far as I know.
I would be moving to California for a little while and was wondering if I could use my Indian Moto X there on a prepaid gsm network like T-Mobile.
Any help would be appreciated.

Can't post the link to the Indian Moto x here due to new member restrictions. But it's being sold exclusively on flipkart.com