Just wondering who's gonna get an m8...

Search This thread

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
I'm a tech junkie and often times will get the latest a d greatest just cause. I have a upgrade available but not sure if I wanna give up my rooted m7 for the m8.

I know its gonna be a bit faster and all but it just doesn't seem like that big of a jump. Figure I might wait and get one used in a bit.

What's everyone else doing??

dragonrazorz

Jan 1, 2011
I usually get every other htc phone so im looking more towards the m9 next year...maybe then theyll fix the stupid logo bezel and have a more edge to edge display

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
I don't see the m8 offering anything to justify the cost over the m7. Like others said will most likely wait till the m9.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
Since Verizon took their friggen sweet time to get the M7, I can guarantee that most people with the Verizon HTC One will wait for the M9 since we are locked into contracts.

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
I played with one today and best buy. After the initial "wow" wore off I didn't leave wanting to upgrade. I'm sure at some point I can get one used but no rush.

Honestly, what does it have that the m7 doesn't?

Bigger, better looking screen, better speakers, on screen keys, SD card slot. Basically its what I love about the m7 but better. Also, it feels incredible in hand. Also it was only $60 (technically) since I won it in a raffle.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net
Bigger, better looking screen, better speakers, on screen keys, SD card slot. Basically its what I love about the m7 but better. Also, it feels incredible in hand. Also it was only $60 (technically) since I won it in a raffle.

Sent from my HTC6500LVWBLU using Tapatalk 4

If I've helped, please hit the thanks button

Hey if you won it in a raffle then congrats! Free phone! :D

I hate on screen buttons, but some people love them. I do however, really miss the SD card slot. :(

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
Winning one is way different than paying 200 and being stuck for 2 more years lol

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
This is my train of thought. It isn't different enough to justify the cost when my m7 still blows most other phones out of the water.

I agree. The M8 is a step up, but not enough of a step to just toss the M7 in the trash. The only big thing that might push people to upgrade early is that sd card slot... it really sucks not having one on the M7

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
I dont want an m8 because to be honest i think the m7 is a little to big. Just a little though, but i definitley dont want anything bigger. I would love an sdcard slot, but with usb-otg its not that big of a deal not having one. My next phone will be what ever the best phone is at or soon after my contract is up.

Leraeniesh

Aug 1, 2011
Detroit
I would get an M8, if it kept the same design as the M7.
I hate the radius of the corners. IMO, it makes the device look childish.
Also, that bezel below the display seems really annoying.
I'm hoping that the replacement to the One Max is worthy of the One line.

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
I kinda feel like we are hitting a critical mass point with these phones. The m7 screen is awesome, 32gb, great speakers and OK camera. If the m8 had a much better camera I'd be more interested. Other than that I don't think its diff enough to upgrade and be stuck for two years.

GrayBoltWolf

Mar 21, 2012
Raleigh, NC
boltwolf.net

I'm with this too. The M8 looks cheap with the really rounded corners. The M7 looks like a more expensive device.

Reactions: Leraeniesh

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
I played with one. Def feels premium!! Bigger but felt better in hand cause it was thinner. Just not enough for them to earn my $$ and time for contract lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm with this too. The M8 looks cheap with the really rounded corners. The M7 looks like a more expensive device.