How good is the note taking with text recognition?

Search This thread

|mpulse

Mar 26, 2010
I'm thinking of picking up the Note 3 but am on the fence about the text recognition. I'm constantly taking hand written notes in my meetings and would love it if I could transition over to something digital for prosperity - can somebody chime in if they're heavy note users?

I played with the Note 3 the other week and was VERY impressed and have been obsessed ever since! :)

Thanks

xSyKo

Jul 27, 2012
I've got very sloppy hand writing and it's really accurate, I don't use it much but when I do use it, it pulls through. Mostly just to show off - ya know.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

JuanNut

Aug 17, 2011
SL,UT
Good note taker!

I've used it in a meeting for note taking, and plan on doing it in the future. It really is quite accurate at interpreting my handwriting. Of course there is a learning curve until you understand how it operates; for example, the biggest problem I had was that I don't put a big enough space between my words, and it combines them into one word. Going back and fixing little errors like that is pretty easy and can be done on the fly. One complaint I have is that I can quickly run out of room when jotting down a long sentence. The Note is quick at translation, but sometimes if you get into a zone and are writing things down quickly, you will end up needing to wait just a little bit for the phone to catch up. I'm sure that if I were to write using landscape mode, it may not be an issue. That will be tested in the next meeting. One Note (he) though, if you are a serious note taker, like someone who is often recording meeting minutes, I would think seriously about getting a bigger form factor, i.e. the note 8 or the Note Pro (I imagine that would be like writing on a full sheet of paper as opposed to a little note pad that fits in your pocket).

leyvatron

Dec 6, 2007
Los Angeles
It's too small to take notes. Get a note 10.1 and lecture notes app. That is the best combination.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk