New Update "LG Update for Windows Phone"

Search This thread

muggs_ro

Mar 7, 2011
I just got prompted to update now, does anyone know what it brings new or if there is any changelog ?

I will add the new versions for comparisions, i forgot to write them down before

Firmware 1.0.10.10
Hardware 1.0.0.0
Radio Soft 1.0.10.10
Radio Hard 0.3.5.0
Bootloader 1.5.1.0
Chip SOC 0.30.2.0

Last edited:

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
I just got prompted to update now, does anyone know what it brings new or if there is any changelog ?

I will add the new versions for comparisions, i forgot to write them down before

Firmware 1.0.10.10
Hardware 1.0.0.0
Radio Soft 1.0.10.10
Radio Hard 0.3.5.0
Bootloader 1.5.1.0
Chip SOC 0.30.2.0

How did the update come?

tom619

Oct 18, 2010
I updated mine via zune at midnight last night, read about the update on winpcentral.

Same as Op

Firmware 1.0.10.10
Hardware 1.0.0.0
Radio Soft 1.0.10.10
Radio Hard 0.3.5.0
Bootloader 1.5.1.0
Chip SOC 0.30.2.0

muggs_ro

Mar 7, 2011
I forgot the phone overnight with the 3g turned on and saw the update notification when i woke up, connected it to zune and updated straight away

Read that it improves call quality/battery life and the screen responsivness or something, indeed it seems to be slightly faster when scrolling.

I can't post the link, there are more details at winrumors.com

kderh

Nov 27, 2010
I haven't gotten the update yet :mad: and Zune says I have the latest version.

I wonder if it's because I did the Registry-Unlock-Forever-Hack? Have the ppl who already got the update unlocked their phones in any way?

Btw, I'm on open market v 1.0.2.10

Last edited:

muggs_ro

Mar 7, 2011
I haven't gotten the update yet :mad: and Zune says I have the latest version.

I wonder if it's because I did the Registry-Unlock-Forever-Hack? Have the ppl who already got the update unlocked their phones in any way?

Btw, I'm on open market v 1.0.2.10

I have the unlock aswell, so it's maybe something region related ? ( I'm from Romania )

kderh

Nov 27, 2010
Well I relocked it (and changed the Mobile-Operator-String to VOD-DE) but still nothing.
Hope they haven't just forgotten about the open market devices...:confused:

I'm from Germany and I read other German phones got it (but they are branded ones)

Last edited:

ZeppeMan

Dec 14, 2009
I'm from Belgium and I have an unbranded phone with German firmware on it. No update here :(

bond7734

Feb 3, 2008
mississauga
Great update

I am in Canada with Telus haven't had the update long enough to test battery out but the call quality and connection is WAY better. In area's where before the phone struggled to even find a signal it now has 4 of 5 bars area's where before it'd have 3 it's got 5. great updated hope for everyone else it isn't just helping out telus if you haven't plugged into Zune and updated yet get on it.

kj_xda

Jul 12, 2009
LG E900

Using the LG E900 unlocked (Vodafone) from Amazon USA. AT&T USA 3G.

Received update when I connected to Zune desktop. Less than half hour. Can't really see any significant changes but I notice that vertical scrolling is improved. Didn't have it long enough to really notice.

USA, AT&T, update complete!

Sent from my LG-E900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

A Dustman

Apr 19, 2010
I am in Canada with Telus haven't had the update long enough to test battery out but the call quality and connection is WAY better. In area's where before the phone struggled to even find a signal it now has 4 of 5 bars area's where before it'd have 3 it's got 5. great updated hope for everyone else it isn't just helping out telus if you haven't plugged into Zune and updated yet get on it.

Any chance your phone is dev unlocked, or on the Mango beta? I'm with Telus as well, but haven't gotten any updates yet. My phone is on Mango, and unlocked.

leoinhell

Jul 6, 2011
C.A.B.A.
greetings from argentina, im waiting for the update too, this is mi actual firmware info

os version 7.0.7392.0
firmware revision 1.0.1.11
harware revision 1.0.0.0
transmition software version 1.0.1.11
hardware transmition version 0.3.5.0
boot version 1.5.1.0
chip SOC version 0.30.2.0

i have an LG E900h from PERSONAL company and i still haven't the update on my zune
the fun fact is that a friend of mine have the same phone bought on the same company the same day as mine, he already updated his phone but im still waiting for my update.
one more thing, i did a total format of my phone a few weeks ago using the info on this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=935578 using the corresponding firmware version PERSONAL ARGENTINA BIN_LG-E900hAT-00-V10a-722-34-JAN-28-2011+1
this maybe the reason for the update is still skipping me ????
if anyone have any more info on why the update is being doing on some phones and others don't please share it
many many thanks

borich

Jun 29, 2011
Same situation with fw euro open that i flash instead of vod de. No update.
It's not a question of unlock because i tried to relock but nothing happen;)

kapanak

Nov 3, 2010
I had my phone's operator set to the numerical one for unbranded recognition. As soon as I changed it back to Telus, it magically gave me the update in Zune. One thing other that what is stated above I noticed was the defaults in the Camera app have changed ... For example, Smart Scene is on by default.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It says this ->

"MobileOperator" = 000-88
    Ok, that's nice, can you link it?
    this is the discussion (in german):

Uwe Posch
    Hallo,
    bis wann können auch die restlichen Optimus 7 Besitzer welche kein Vodafone Branding haben, mit dem LG ROM Update rechnen?
    Soll sich ja einiges an Akkuverbrauch und Signalstärke verbessert haben.
    Der LG Support weiß leider von nichts, nicht mal dass die Vodfone Geräte ein Update bekommen haben.
    Danke Gruß
    28 luglio alle ore 14.23

LG Electronics Deutschland Welche Version ist denn auf deinem Gerät? Aktuell sind 7.0.7390.0 bzw. 7.0.7389.0. (NoDo). LG Sascha
    28 luglio alle ore 14.30.

Uwe Posch Hallo, ich meinte nicht das Betriebssystem von Windows Phone, hier ist NoDo aktuell die ich auch habe. Ich meinte die Handy Firmeware von LG selbst. Bei sämtlichen Vodafone Geräten wurde diese aktualisiert und es brachte eine besseren Bedienung vom Touchscreen, Akku usw..
    28 luglio alle ore 16.28.

LG Electronics Deutschland Ja richtig ich rede auch von Windows Phone 7. Ich möchte von dir gerne wissen, welche Versionsnummer bei dir installiert ist. LG Sascha
    28 luglio alle ore 17.10.

Christian Živković hui, wusste ich auch nix davon, danke für den tipp! werd in nächster zeit mal ausschau halten
    28 luglio alle ore 17.56.

Uwe Posch Betriebssystemversion: 7.0.7392.0 diese ist auf aktuellen Stand und die kommt ja auch von MS selbst. Aber bei der Fimwareversionsnummer 1.0.2.10 welche ich derzeit hab, gibt es eine aktuellere durch das Update.mit Firmwarerevisionsnummer: 1.0.10.10 sowie Funksoftware: 1.0.10.10 und Bootloader: 1.5.1.0 wurden aktualisiert. Gruß
    28 luglio alle ore 19.39.

Christian Živković Hab auch nodo inklusive dem bugfix danach. Firmware ist bei mir auf 1.0.1.12, funksoftware ebenso. Bootloader ist auf 1.5.0.0. Hab ein ungebrandetes Gerät
    28 luglio alle ore 22.26.

LG Electronics Deutschland Habe nachgefragt. Update für ungebrandete Geräte ist in Arbeit. LG Sascha
    29 luglio alle ore 14.24 · 1 persona.

Christian Živković Hoffentlich dauerts nich so lang wie das update für das lgos ;)
    29 luglio alle ore 14.41 · 1 persona.

Uwe Posch Danke für die Info. Gruß

http://www.facebook.com/LG
    Like I posted in this thread, the .10 update appears to be V10j, and if you're really interested in finding out what's different, you can download it and view its contents (7zip works especially well with these updates).
    Nop. In fact I don't know how and when the bootloader was updated because I've flashed at least 7 different ROMs in my E900.

It was originally an Orange-FR, then I flashed the Open-EU and got the NoDo through Zune at the NoDo deployment, and for the past 3 months I've used the Mango 7712 and the leaked RTM with my phone on the Open-EU, but then I've flashed TIM-IT, VOD-UK, VOD-DE and OPN-UK ROMs trying to receive the LG Update without success, so I gave up and flashed the OPN-FR that I am currently using and received the Mango update yesterday.

I've never received the "LG Update for Windows Phone" and I don't know exactly when my bootloader was updated to 1.5.1.0, but I remember it was on 1.5.1.0 prior to the yesterday's update.

Flw