[Question] Has anyone used the S-Pen w/ Eraser.

Search This thread

kisrita

I did. It is more comfortable to hold, but has a large offset. You can cut and shorten the nib to minimize it, but the offset is still there. According to my settings in Lecture Notes, in landscape it is about the same offset as the 8pi pen I also have. But it seems to be different in portrait. I didn't use the 8pi in portrait mode much so my memory could be bad about that.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Actually, I am also seeing an offset in Lecture Notes with the built in pen. I'm going to have to try my other pens with S Notes, maybe they are better than I thought!

kisrita

There is no offset using the built in pen and the S Note app the tablet comes with. It's like pen on paper. But I use another app called Lecture Notes, and other digital pen. And without adjusting the input in Lecture Notes, these other pen write slightly above/below/to the right/to the left of where the tip of the pen touches the tablet. Keep in mind that the built in pen and built in app tracks perfectly. It would be nice to recreate that with another app and a bigger pen, but so far I haven't succeeded.

kenhicg

May 6, 2012
I've been reading this thread and am wondering, what is the best pen that gives the same functionality as stock including pressure sensitivity but fits the hand better?

brecklundin

Apr 15, 2011
I've been reading this thread and am wondering, what is the best pen that gives the same functionality as stock including pressure sensitivity but fits the hand better?
Most accounts I've read arethat the 8pi from Samsung gives a larger pen and is ok though a bit too light weight for some.

I have a Wacom Bamboo Feel but model # CS3002 rather than the model CS300 (note only 3-digits) which seems the only model # in the US. Recently though I exchanged comments with someone who reported having recently purchased a CS3OOUK pen with no offset issue. I suspect it might have actually been model CS300UK2 (yet another model number out there). I wonder if Wacom made some adjustments to the earlier model CS300 or just went to using the CS3000 forxheir Note family compatible pen as it already worked on other models. The weight is excellent.

From another thread member "kisrita" had a pretty annoying offset issues with the CS300 model so be certain of return options AND model number if you try one.

For my uses the CS 3002 is wonderful. I have rheumatoid arthritis that significantly affects my hands making holding small items for extended periods quite painful. The CS 3002 is a lot larger than the original S-pen in the N8 and makes using it comfortable and painful.

My primary use of the stylus is handwritten text and photo editing.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8.0 in Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Reactions: kenhicg

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
Has anyone used the S-Pen w/ eraser with the Note 8? What are your experiences w/ it? If no one has...I guess I don't mind being the first to try it out.

If someone out there has, please provide a link to where you got it? I read somewhere on amazon that the one amazon is selling just dies on the Note 8 and becomes dysfunctional.

There is only one Samsung stylus with an eraser I have found. I like them so much I own three. However, the only app I have found where the eraser works is S-Note. Since I would rather not use a touchwiz rom, this really stinks. Does anyone know of any other note-taking app where the eraser works?

pintek

May 10, 2011
A couple of other apps the eraser works if your on a 4.4 cm rom
Adobe sketch book
Squid (formerly Papyrus)
Now if your on a 5.0+ rom the eraser stops working.. don't know whats going on there...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm the one who noticed an offset and corrects for it in Lecture Notes. Testing it in S Note, if you use the pen 90 degrees to the tablet, there is no offset. The offset appears to be related to how much of an angle you write with. Just received another pen, ( wacom bamboo feel) and I'm seeing the same behavior. Possibly worse in the Wacom pen, but it's too early to judge.

Yes, the s-pen that is specced for the note 10.1 which is the 8pi width does work, and the eraser works too.

If you use 8pi in your search it should come up more easily in searches. Ignore that it says for 10.1 only...it works.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Someone wrote about an offset by about 5 pixel when using the "eraser" stylus, which apparently is quite a bit while drawing thin lines...
    Is that Your experience aswell?

Thanks in advance,

Yoko
    I'm the one who noticed an offset and corrects for it in Lecture Notes. Testing it in S Note, if you use the pen 90 degrees to the tablet, there is no offset. The offset appears to be related to how much of an angle you write with. Just received another pen, ( wacom bamboo feel) and I'm seeing the same behavior. Possibly worse in the Wacom pen, but it's too early to judge.

I believe the offset from the Bamboo Feel is due to the sensor being located at the base of the pen rather than in the nib. A longer nib will create a larger offset. You can try and remedy this by trimming the nib slightly so it sits closer to the base (just make sure it's still long enough to remove!). The S-Pen with eraser seems to be using the same sort of nibs as the Wacom pen, but I can't say for sure.
    Most accounts I've read arethat the 8pi from Samsung gives a larger pen and is ok though a bit too light weight for some.

I have a Wacom Bamboo Feel but model # CS3002 rather than the model CS300 (note only 3-digits) which seems the only model # in the US. Recently though I exchanged comments with someone who reported having recently purchased a CS3OOUK pen with no offset issue. I suspect it might have actually been model CS300UK2 (yet another model number out there). I wonder if Wacom made some adjustments to the earlier model CS300 or just went to using the CS3000 forxheir Note family compatible pen as it already worked on other models. The weight is excellent.

From another thread member "kisrita" had a pretty annoying offset issues with the CS300 model so be certain of return options AND model number if you try one.

For my uses the CS 3002 is wonderful. I have rheumatoid arthritis that significantly affects my hands making holding small items for extended periods quite painful. The CS 3002 is a lot larger than the original S-pen in the N8 and makes using it comfortable and painful.

My primary use of the stylus is handwritten text and photo editing.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8.0 in Tapatalk HD