[Bugs & Fixes] Viper Amaze 2.0.2 [Sense 4.1][Android 4.0.4]

Do you use this rom as a daily driver

• Total voters
Search This thread

kevinrubio1

Oct 13, 2012
Here's some useful data, that may be the problem of my lag while turning on my amaze.
So I remember the lock screen having no lag issues, until after I flashed the sense 5 lock screen add on. I quickly flashed the other one as well to revert back the normal lock screen since I didn't like the sense 5 look. So maybe that could be the reason for my lag?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
Hmmmmm.

Here's some useful data, that may be the problem of my lag while turning on my amaze.
So I remember the lock screen having no lag issues, until after I flashed the sense 5 lock screen add on. I quickly flashed the other one as well to revert back the normal lock screen since I didn't like the sense 5 look. So maybe that could be the reason for my lag?

I think you got it! the revert back might not be the same version as the one in the rom.
I'll replace it and post the new version and we'll see if it fixes it!

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
Video

First off I just want to say that I LOVE this rom and have donated to team viper for the (pro) unlocker. Anyway, I haven't ran into any big issues but I have noticed that certain apps don't work correctly with the camera, the video recording to be specific. I use snapchat and since installing the Rom I can no longer record the short video clips that snapchst does, I just get an error message saying "this video cannot be played". I installed some codecs off the market thinking it would help, but to no avail. In fact any time I try to use the camcorder in a third party app it st freezes, especially the front facing cam. Anyone else have this problem, any ideas???

Thank you! And I'm sure the guys running the tweaks pro appreciate the donation!

I'll look into this. I downloaded snap chat once before, and I don't recall having the issue.

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
lock screen

Hope it works! Tell me when you upload the latest one!

Well, it has the same one from the rom. Just wanted to check because I moved dome things around.

Last resort is to reflash the rom. do full or custom, but don't wipe.
It'll put the rom back to normal and leave your data alone!

Worth a try?!

kevinrubio1

Oct 13, 2012
Wouldn't hurt to try! I'll get back at you with when I'm finished

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
sdcard mounting...

I guess am not de only one facing sdcard issue......
Mine doesn't mount

Ok. Try to go to settings and storage. scroll down to Storage card and click on mount.

let me know how it goes.

Also, I know its a pain, but if you can connect to your sdcard with your computer, back up the data on it then reformat it.

That has helped a few people.

It is your internal not mounting, or is it external?

Last edited:

kemihansome

Mar 4, 2013
ABUJA, NIGERIA
Ok. Try to go to settings and storage. scroll down to Storage card and click on mount.

let me know how it goes.

Also, I know its a pain, but if you can connect to your sdcard with your computer, back up the data on it then reformat it.

Only external......will try as u said then get back to you, Tanx

CNwenabx

Jun 29, 2012
I found a problem recently,is that when I change my skin in personality settings,there is no effect obviously.It is different from the preview picture.In other words,it changed nothing in the home screen except the wallpaper.
For example,here are my screeshots.
This is the preview picture.

The home screen have no changing.

But others had changed.

e.......Anyone can tell me how to upload pictures to here xda forum?

Last edited:

kevinrubio1

Oct 13, 2012
Some bad news. So after I reflashed the rom, it worked perfectly well and then the next day came. It started lagging again in the morning, I didn't install anything new so not sure what's the issue

silvertero

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

let me know how it goes.

Thank you chevy, you really are the man! The thing is though, I do what you said EVERY time I reboot my phone. The issue is I keep having to manually mount in through the settings every time I reboot instead of it already being mounted. It's not a huge issue just a minor annoyance. Thanks again and keep up the great work! :)

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
Mounting

Thank you chevy, you really are the man! The thing is though, I do what you said EVERY time I reboot my phone. The issue is I keep having to manually mount in through the settings every time I reboot instead of it already being mounted. It's not a huge issue just a minor annoyance. Thanks again and keep up the great work! :)

Thanks for the kind words.

I'll continue to look into this, as there are several people with this issue.

kevinrubio1

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, later when I'm off. And I think I have another possible cause of the lag. I installed Google now before I went to sleep last night. And the first time I flashed this rom as well. I reflashed the rom and didn't flash Google now, I'm noticing no lag yet.

Update: nevermind I'm experiencing lag, not sure what it is but I'll get you those log cats

Last edited:

umar.sharief

Feb 26, 2013
My Amaze Stuck on boot animation

I am having problem with viper amaze rom.. yesterday my amaze was low on battery and it went off... i plugged the charger and turned it on but it stuck on htc amazing animation... i took data backup with 4ext recovery and did a factory reset.. now my phone is back but i lost my messages and other data... i tried to restore backup but phone again stuck on htc amazing animation.. i need my messages back ... plz help!!

chevycowboyusa

Jun 9, 2009
Big Bear City, Ca
I am having problem with viper amaze rom.. yesterday my amaze was low on battery and it went off... i plugged the charger and turned it on but it stuck on htc amazing animation... i took data backup with 4ext recovery and did a factory reset.. now my phone is back but i lost my messages and other data... i tried to restore backup but phone again stuck on htc amazing animation.. i need my messages back ... plz help!!

What kernel are you using?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bug & Fixes thread for Viper Amaze.

Please post here and not thru PM's

Thank you!

I will answer any and all questions asked here :)
    Wait till you see what's coming!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Reserved

Reserved reserved
    Kernel flashing

Hi,chevy !What's the new feature the kernel flashing?I'm considering whether flash the 1.7.2.3 or not.

Well, the new build is a fix for the non funtional choice of faux or nightmare kernel.

There were some things I didn't have right in the aroma installer, but when i fixed them, data broke.

But it's actully not bad, Its the Tmo add ins that are messing it up.

I'll be reposting 1.7.2.3 momentarily
    Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda premium

Any chance on adding the features seen in the Samsung video where you do not have to actually touch the device to answer calls, or a swipe to wake and unlock the phone. That would be cool. I guess seeing features like that and just having the option to turn them on or not is what it is all about. OPTIONS! The one option that I have not seen work at all yet is auto answer that also turns on speaker phone. Working in a shop with oil or what ever, you don't always want to just grab your beloved AMAZE. Just being and to say "answer" when it rings and it answers the call and turns on the speaker phone for you too would be priceless! Just a thought. :) Rom is still awesome!

Thanks!

Should have an update this weekend.....