[GUIDE] how to root & unlock droid razr m (XT907) on 4.4.2 kitkat

Search This thread

PrankCallPimp

Jun 26, 2014
Pittsburgh
Hey, I put together this video for anyone trying to unlock the bootloader and root their droid razr m on kitkat 4.4.2

Good Luck

youtube . com / watch?v=vBUaQ8Kpji4

Reactions: allbe

TShipman1981

Aug 5, 2014
Ok I've been trying to root my droid razr m for 2 days now with no success. it's currently running 4.4.2 sys ver 182.46.15.XT907 Kernel 3.4.42
So far Towel Root tells me my phone isn't supported or the other version of Towel Root I found just freezes. I've been trying to flash my phone back to stock Kit Kat but RSD doesn't recognize my device. Does anyone have any idea what to try next?

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
I do apologize but at this time 182/183.46.15 can not be rooted with out an unlocked boot loader

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

TShipman1981

Aug 5, 2014
Ok so far everything I have seen requires the phone to be rooted before you can unlock the boot loader so isn't that pretty much a catch 22? I've also tried to flash the phone to stock kit kat but for whatever reason RSD will not recognize my phone. Can you at least point me in some sort of direction here

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
The exploit for unlocking the boot loader has been patched...and you can not down grade with rsd unless your boot loader is unlocked you are pretty much stuck with a unrooted RAZR M if you are on the .15 update with a locked boot loader... You may soft brick or even brick your device if you attempt to downgrade with rsd... What are you wanting to flash with rsd?

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

fariddergal

May 4, 2012
downgrade

The exploit for unlocking the boot loader has been patched...and you can not down grade with rsd unless your boot loader is unlocked you are pretty much stuck with a unrooted RAZR M if you are on the .15 update with a locked boot loader... You may soft brick or even brick your device if you attempt to downgrade with rsd... What are you wanting to flash with rsd?

Hello,
I have a question,
When I had the jelly bean I unlocked the bootloader.
After the OTA 4.2.2 and the .15 update, I lost root, but I am not sure if is safe to use the RSD to downgrade.
When I turn on the phone I dont have the unlocked starting message, but if I go to fast boot, I see the code 3, unlocked.
Could you please let me know if I could use the RSD to downgrade, with no risk of bricking the phone?

I have to block the fast dormancy process becaouse I am out of USA, and this process is causing me issues, ( random re boots, battery drain etc).

Thanks

ATTACK

Jan 8, 2012
Hello,
I have a question,
When I had the jelly bean I unlocked the bootloader.
After the OTA 4.2.2 and the .15 update, I lost root, but I am not sure if is safe to use the RSD to downgrade.
When I turn on the phone I dont have the unlocked starting message, but if I go to fast boot, I see the code 3, unlocked.
Could you please let me know if I could use the RSD to downgrade, with no risk of bricking the phone?

I have to block the fast dormancy process becaouse I am out of USA, and this process is causing me issues, ( random re boots, battery drain etc).

Thanks

Flash a custom recovery then flash superuser.

> http://xdaforums.com/droid-razr-m/general/guide-faq-how-to-root-boot-unlock-t2869432

Top Liked Posts