slimport and or MHL

Search This thread

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
I tried to look for slimport cable and there seems to be dozen of them on amazon most have negative reviews. which slimport do you guys use? is there one that support both slimport and MHL?

diamond12

Nov 7, 2012
Los Angeles
Yes, sure.
The phone gets hot even though the video player plays the video only on the TV and the phone screen turns off.
Also, it only charges slowly when connecting the charger to the dongle.
Compared to Miracast there is no delay but I have to leave the phone next to the TV as the cable isn't long enough.

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, sure.
The phone gets hot even though the video player plays the video only on the TV and the phone screen turns off.
Compared to Miracast there is no delay but I have to leave the phone next to the TV as the cable isn't long enough.

thanks, now I know what to expect. no Lag is the main reason I choose this over miracast and chromecast. I might get chromecast in the future though.

Last edited:

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
Yes, sure.

hey man I got the cable it works but how do i get the correct aspect ratio. the top part of TV is cut of when on landscape mode? is there a fix or this normal?

or is it because I am on custom rom?

Last edited:

diamond12

Nov 7, 2012
Los Angeles
hey man I got the cable it works but how do i get the correct aspect ratio. the top part of TV is cut of when on landscape mode? is there a fix or this normal?

The aspect ratio should be correct. As for TVs it is normal to crop a small frame around the image. Sometimes the TV has a TV/PC mode where it doesn't do cropping for PC. My old Motorola Atrix HD had an oversan adjustment that would shrink the image to compensate for the oversan. The G2 doesn't have such an option so if your TV doesn't either there's not much you can do.

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
The aspect ratio should be correct. As for TVs it is normal to crop a small frame around the image. Sometimes the TV has a TV/PC mode where it doesn't do cropping for PC. My old Motorola Atrix HD had an oversan adjustment that would shrink the image to compensate for the oversan. The G2 doesn't have such an option so if your TV doesn't either there's not much you can do.

The rom I am using has a mod to make navigation bar smaller. I am not sure if it mess up slimport aspect ratio. I might revert to stock rooted to make sure

I don't mind shrinking but the way it showing up on my TV I am losing some parts of the picture. for example I can't see 4G icon on landscape mode.

BTW, my TV says the signal is 1080p/60

diamond12

Nov 7, 2012
Los Angeles
The rom I am using has a mod to make navigation bar smaller. I am not sure if it mess up slimport aspect ratio. I might revert to stock rooted to make sure

I don't mind shrinking but the way it showing up on my TV I am losing some parts of the picture. for example I can't see 4G icon on landscape mode.

BTW, my TV says the signal is 1080p/60

1080p60 is correct.

I think not only the top bar but also a smal part of the bottom, left and right sides shoud be hidden.

Try connecting to a computer monitor to confirm it's the TV doing it.

Damasterjj

Feb 20, 2012
1080p60 is correct.

I think not only the top bar but also a smal part of the bottom, left and right sides shoud be hidden.

Try connecting to a computer monitor to confirm it's the TV doing it.

yeah small part of the left, buttom, and right is hidden

it doesn't work on my monitor via hdmi