[Q] HTC Desire X - need Support

Search This thread
Jan 19, 2014
Hello ,

since two days i am trying to install a custom rom on my htc desire x. I repeated every single step several times to make sure everything still is fine.
(unlook, flash boot, flash recovery / tried twmp and cwm, etc..)

The only rom which works for me ist the cM10-2-20138004-unofficial. But with restrictions. WLAN doesn't work, media manager isn't starting. Cant hear the partner when calls are incoming.

I tried mySense, Half_Sense, myOnedx, but after finishing installation the device hangs on startup. I waited hours and minutes but nothing happened.

I tried several RUU´s but can't find the right ones for me, or i got the 155 error message.

There is no OS installed on the device. How can i get the device up an running? I would be really happy if somebody can give me a hint whats going wrong.

Thx in advance

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Dont worry all ****s can be fixed.Wha is ur hboot ? Or simply before to try to install custom rom U was with ICS rom or JB ?.You have to use the right recovery.Look what rom you want to flash, if you on ics hboot u cant just flash jb room (Some roms already have this funcion)
Ps:
After flasing the rom go in boothloader and flash boot.img And away do full wipe

Last edited:

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
What you need to make sure when installing a ROM: Install a suitable kernel. When installing a Sense ROM, install a Sense custom kernel or the stock kernel. Installing CM isn't advisable, because it's not ready for daily use yet. Also, make sure you use the right recovery for right hboot.

Jan 19, 2014
Good Morning,

thx for reply. I want to install the myOnedx_RC4.0 FX. I extracted the boot.img from zip. Installed the rom, wiped, reboot and installed the boot.img.
But that failed. Again, the cyanogen start up occurs for hours and hours. The device doesnt start.

Also tried the same wir the mySENSEdx5_RC4

I evem tried to install the nexuskernelv3.img

I am on hboot 1.25.002

Anyone an idea what wrong with my installation?

Thx

dansou901

Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Ok, strange, as this one works for me without problems. However, try the 2.5.0.0 version for JB and see if it goes without problems then. Also be sure to wipe system, dalvik cache, cache and data partition before installing a new ROM.

Jan 19, 2014
Ok thanks. So it is not in there. I got the cid VODAP102.

Does that mean my device is gone? Or can i even try other workarounds?

Thanks

Jan 19, 2014
So i installed odexed rom and this one works fine. Do not know why all the other roms not working to me.

Maybe anyone an idea.

Otherwise thanks for your support.

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Thanks

Your hboot : 1.25.0002
Recovery to flash - JB recovery download from here : http://d-h.st/VjM
fastboot flash recovery command : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

For a test ROM to flash, flash this stock ROM : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2239511

also make sure to fastboot flash boot boot.img
(boot.img is attached on OP)

Once everything run, it is up to you to try any other ROM and any other boot.img

So i installed odexed rom and this one works fine. Do not know why all the other roms not working to me.

Maybe anyone an idea.

It's either you flash ROM with wrong recovery type or wrong boot.img type or ROM which is not supported on your hboot.

Simple rules:
1) Recovery must be a recovery for JB.
2) Correct boot.img for correct ROM

ICS ROM that support hboot 1.25.0002
Recovery : JB recovery is a must
Boot.img : ICS boot.img is a must

JB ROM which should run fine on hboot 1.25.0002
Boot.img : JB boot.img is a must

ICS ROM that does not support hboot 1.25.002 - you need to manually change the mountpoint in updater-script, then

Last edited:
Reactions: dansou901

dansou901

Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Yeah, that was the problem, I see now... Have been blind a bit... The ROMs OP has installed on his phone are all ICS ROMs which need changing of updater-script mountpoints. That's why they won't work. @Lastmenstanding: Try any JB ROM available in Android Development section, should work without problems. The ROMs you tried were ICS ROMs especially written for ICS hboot, that's why they didn't work on your phone.

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, that was the problem, I see now... Have been blind a bit... The ROMs OP has installed on his phone are all ICS ROMs which need changing of updater-script mountpoints. That's why they won't work. @Lastmenstanding: Try any JB ROM available in Android Development section, should work without problems. The ROMs you tried were ICS ROMs especially written for ICS hboot, that's why they didn't work on your phone.

OP mentioned about installing my ICS ROMs. Both ICS ROMs work on JB hboot without a need to edit the updater-script. My guess is he either use wrong recovery (ICS recovery is wrong) or wrong boot.img (JB boot.img is wrong) as it should be JB Recovery and ICS boot.img

Reactions: erikw0w

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

Your hboot : 1.25.0002
    Recovery to flash - JB recovery download from here : http://d-h.st/VjM
    fastboot flash recovery command : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

For a test ROM to flash, flash this stock ROM : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2239511

also make sure to fastboot flash boot boot.img
    (boot.img is attached on OP)

Once everything run, it is up to you to try any other ROM and any other boot.img

Maybe anyone an idea.

It's either you flash ROM with wrong recovery type or wrong boot.img type or ROM which is not supported on your hboot.

Simple rules:
    1) Recovery must be a recovery for JB.
    2) Correct boot.img for correct ROM

ICS ROM that support hboot 1.25.0002

JB ROM which should run fine on hboot 1.25.0002
    Boot.img : JB boot.img is a must

ICS ROM that does not support hboot 1.25.002 - you need to manually change the mountpoint in updater-script, then

OP mentioned about installing my ICS ROMs. Both ICS ROMs work on JB hboot without a need to edit the updater-script. My guess is he either use wrong recovery (ICS recovery is wrong) or wrong boot.img (JB boot.img is wrong) as it should be JB Recovery and ICS boot.img