Performance JB

Search This thread

007shaolin

Sep 25, 2008
Well i got my JB udate recently. This is the first thoughts:

1. Slow browser
2. Autodimmer problem is still there
3. fast app drawer
4. Cant feel the butter effect on this tab.

Reactions: jarvik

Malkaridae

Aug 16, 2012
Auto dimmer can be disable under ASUS settings it should be around at the bottom called smart dimmer, something along that line.

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
If you run into problems with apps and performance, I suggest to perform a factory reset. That should clear things up and insure a clean Jelly Bean experience. Also since JB just droped this morning, don't expect it to be smooth. The new OS needs to settle before you can truly see a difference. Just wait at least 24 hours before you praise or complain about your experience. But for the meantime, I applied a cold boot after I noticed a bit of sluggishness. Seems to have fixed that. Ill probably do a factory reset if my apps act up though.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Jan 14, 2011
We lose root if we do a factory reset correct?

I didn't. These are the steps I took.

1. Make sure you Install and use SuperSU
2. Install Voodoo OTA root keeper. Make a backup
3. Factory reset
4. Install super SU from market
5. Install vodoo from the market.
6. restore root in voodoo
7. open supersu

Might be an easier way to do it, but that gave me no problems.

Aria807

Dec 31, 2010
Dallas

3. Factory reset
7. open supersu

My root restore worked fine with Superuser.

macaumen

Jan 5, 2011

3. Factory reset
7. open supersu

I can protect root even from factory reset!?!?!?!?

maedox

Nov 14, 2008
Oslo
FYI: I activated the root protection in SuperSU and it didn't work. That was from .26 to .30, and now I'm installing JB. Rooting doesn't quite do it for me anymore anyway. :p

xPSYCHOTRONx

Mar 31, 2011
Ok sorry for nubbish, but if i do a factory reset then don't i lose all the apps i installed? if so then if i have root and protect it all etc with OTA with superSU wont those apps be gone so no more root?
Im unsure i understand how you save root after the factory reset thanks.

micaman

Jul 15, 2005
Ok sorry for nubbish, but if i do a factory reset then don't i lose all the apps i installed? if so then if i have root and protect it all etc with OTA with superSU wont those apps be gone so no more root?
Im unsure i understand how you save root after the factory reset thanks.

Yes, a factory reset will delete your installed app including voodoo ota an supersu but once you reinstall them from the play store voodoo ota will do its thing and you will have root again

monkey10120

Jun 13, 2011

3. Factory reset
7. open supersu

I just am wondering what is the point of the factory reset? Is it because people recommend it after updating go jb?

xPSYCHOTRONx

Mar 31, 2011
I think ive read that if you don't see a difference after the update in speed and whatnot that if you factory reset then its supposed to help.

So if the factory reset wipes the tablet ,were is the binary backup that OTA saved to protect root?

Last edited:

urrlyx

Dec 30, 2010
San Francisco
I think ive read that if you don't see a difference after the update in speed and whatnot that if you factory reset then its supposed to help.

So if the factory reset wipes the tablet ,were is the binary backup that OTA saved to protect root?

it doesn't wipe everything, but it does wipe the data partition which is where all user installed apps are housed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We lose root if we do a factory reset correct?

3. Factory reset
    7. open supersu

I did not lose root as I used OTA RootKeeper but the I/O scores are still horrible, Now that official JB is out, I may unlock and try Zeus, I was holding out in hopes that the stock JB would address the I/O issues but no such luck.
    There's no difference what so ever, so I'm afraid you're mistaking. The browser (Stock or Chrome) performance is so appalingly bad I don't feel like using this piece of crap anymore. I'm mainly using my computer again and only use the tablet for games and sometimes Twitter or Facebook. Someone at Asus should burn for this! It's the fourth tablet in a row (Nexus 7 is fifth) with I/O issues. Amateurs!

I'd say I'm sorry that you aren't having a better experience, but I'm really not. It's not that hard to do a little reading and find out how to get good performance out of your device. Locked or unlocked, rooted or not, the helpful people here on XDA have a solution for almost any problem.

Any problem aside from self deception that is.

Oh wait we have one for that too, go buy an iPad.
    I just don't see the performance issues that you keep talking about. Maybe you have a bad device? I'll get the occasional "pause" while downloading a few apps in the background at the same time, but other than that, this things runs beautifully...

Can you give us a few specific examples of what you are doing and what performance issue it causes? That way, other users can attempt the exact same thing and see what the results are.

Regarding the "we shouldn't have to..." comment. You are correct - in a perfect world, everything would just work perfectly out-of-the-box. Sadly, we don't live in a perfect world. You also have to remember that this tablet is a "cutting-edge" Android tablet. I think there may be one other full HD Android tablet and even that doesn't have a keyboard dock option. My point is that most folks buying this product actually *expect* that things are not going to be perfect out-of-the-box and that it will require some patience and/or tuning to get the device running "perfectly".

Regardless, the performance of a TF700 that doesn't have any hardware issues is *certainly* not *nearly* as bad as you make it out of be. Some would even say that it performs very well!

Again, please give some specific examples of some of the performance issues are seeing. Maybe you really do have a faulty device....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    With some scepticism I performed a factory reset (sceptical because I set JB up on a new ATI). But the stock browser difference is night and day - from a stuttering browser that often hung for 2-3 seconds before allowing a swipe this is now pretty much instant. Well worth the effort.