[New] Google™ BeAnZ 2.0 (Xgo Google™ Edition) 2013-11-09 [ROM][JB][.100][LBL/UBL]

Search This thread

kinglauryl

Nov 10, 2004
Manila
REMINDERS: Flashing custom made ROMs comes with risk, if you are not sure what you are doing STOP. Do not continue. If you are knowledgeable and want to try it out feel free. You may feedback problems or comments but I do not guarantee to be able to solve all problems encountered, so do not blame me if any problems occurred. I would also like to remind all users to keep in mind that to enjoy custom ROM experience, it is best to FLASH from a clean stock ROM first, ROOT and enbale INT.D and the install RECOVERY (CWM). Then finally flashing the custom ROM. Thank you.

WHAT IS Google™ BeAnZ?
Google™ BeAnZ (from the creator of JBeAnZ) is a customized stock ROM based on firmware 6.2.A.1.100 Jellybean for Xperia go (ST27i). The idea stem out after reading Google Edition phone of Galaxy S4 and HTC One.

WHY Google™ BeAnZ?
We all know Google™ will not release a Google™ Edition of Xperia go, so the goal of this ROM is to make a Google™ Edition ROM for Xperia go without having to install AOSP ROM or custom ROMs which needs to unlock the bootloader (still it will work with unlocked bootloader and works well with Phantom kernel). I tried to make this ROM look and feel like stock Android as much as possible. I use resources from Jellybean 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 to complete this ROM. I also removed bloatwares or software that are unwanted that makes the ROM slower and more memory hungry. I also enabled init.d script to allow to run scripts that help optimize the ROM. I edited build.prop for more optimization.

CREDITS to the following for their silent contribution and others for influence
Zeroinfinity
Rizal Lovins
niaboc79
Pandemic
rakz992
JDWalker
DroidFolks
pikachu01
BuzzyMind
miaad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google™ BeAnZ v2.0 (for Xperia™ go ST27i)
Requirements: Rooted Jellybean Stock ROM (6.2.A.1.100), Clockworkmod (CWM), init.d enabled
PC with 7-zip or any .7z capable extractor
Battery charge level more than 50%

REMINDERS:
1. This is not a stand alone ROM but an upgrade for Xperia™ go ST27i Jellybean 6.2.A.1.100 firmware)
2. It is best to have flashtool and firmware 6.2.A.1.100.ftf ready in case something went wrong
3. Backup all your data before flashing (recommend Titanium Backup for user apps)
4. This flasher will remove bloatwares, remove apps, update system files and wipe/data factory and reset your phone
5. Read instructions first before asking, most of your questions are already answered here

Instructions:
1. Make sure you are running Xperia go ST27i JB firmware 6.2.A.1.100. (Go to settings>About phone, scroll down to the button of
screen and check build number to confirm) (If your phone is rooted with CWM installed and init.d enabled, proceed to instruction #4)
2. Download the JBeAnZKit.7z file and the ROM AromaGoogleBeAnZv2.0.zip.
3. Extract JBeAnZKit.7z to your PC, inside the .7z file, you will find 2 folders. The folder "ERT17MOD" will be
use to root your phone, just follow instruction. After root program is installed, phone will reboot. Open app drawer on phone and look for
Uni-init. Run the program and press "Activate" to enable init.d.
4. The second folder "CWM5504" will be use to install Clockworkmod recovery (CWM).

JBeAnZKit7z is 4.84MB, link is http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/94189288/file.html

NOTE: Guide on rooting and installing CWM on Xgo https://sites.google.com/site/myxgosite/root-and-clockworkmod-1 and for enabling init.d use this link
https://sites.google.com/site/myxgosite/buildprop--initd

5. Download the file "AromaGoogleBeAnZv2.0.zip" to your SD Card or internal storage (not microSD)
6. Reboot to CWM
7. Select "install zip from SDCard"
8. Select "choose zip from SDCard" and select "AromaGoogleBeAnZv2.0.zip"
9. After flashing is finished, phone will reboot itself.
10. After boot, do a factory reset (checked "Erase internal storage")
11. Enjoy!

For users of Google™ BeAnZ v1.0, just flash "AromaGoogleBeAnZv2.0.zip" and do factory reset

For Google™ BeAnZ v1.0 refer to Post #2

LINK to Google™ BeAnZ v2.0:
http://d-h.st/cmF or http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/49807913/file.html

Google™ BeAnZ v2.0 System Patch 2 http://d-h.st/p9t
NOTE: Flash this update via CWM, after flashing, make sure to go to Messaging app, go to Settings, make sure to check "Stand-alone mode" or your phone's SMS will not be saved. Factory reset is not required but recommended. If you haven't patched your Google™ BeAnZ v2.0, you don't need to flash Patch 1 since all are included here. Thank you.

changelog from v2.0 with System Patch 1
* new semi-transparent SystemUI statusbar
* Android 4.2 stock Messaging returned (remove Kitkat Messaging due to lags)
* update Kitkat 4.4 Launcher (v1.5.0)
- fix crash issue on some icon packs
- haptic feedback
- swipe from left opens app (customizable)
- improve smoothness
- auto rotate added
- direct dial bug fixed
- resize widgets
* update SuperSU (v1.75)
- fix white flicker when using dark theme
- updated language files
* update WALKMAN Music Widget (v1.4.1)
- speed improvements
- button layout enhanced
- bugs fix
* move Google Now/Search to user app (due to FC issue)
* modify dalvik entries in build.prop (incease RAM and speed up performance)

changelog from v2.0 without patch
* latest Play services with ADM (v4.0.33 (910055-38))
* vertical SystemUI with 21 Lidroid Toggles
* SystemUI speed meter re-layout
* WALKMAN Widget updated
* new Messaging app (Kitkat inspired) (make sure to check Stand-alone mode in Messaging settings)
* new Kitkat 4.4 Launcher
* latest SuperSU updated (v1.69)
* latest Media Scanner updated (v2.0)
* latest Greenify (v1.97)
* Google Now/Search updated (v3.1.8.914827.arm)
* new Cyber-shot camera software UI
* new boot animation
* new camera shutter sound

changelog:
* all modded APKs are zipaligned (to improve RAM management)
* new framework animations
* Google Now/Search (v3.0.17.88609)
* latest Play Store (v4.4.22)
* latest Play services with ADM (v4.0.30 (889083-38))
* Android 4.3 stock Camera and Gallery app (Gallery replaces Sony Album and Movies)
* Android 4.4 Calendar (replaces Sony stock calendar)
* Google Keep (v2.0.50)
* Android 4.4 (Kitkat) system fonts
* additional Android 4.4 (Kitkat) theme
* SystemUI with 21 Lidroid Toggles
* SystemUI speed meter (auto hide when Data/WiFi is off)
* modified Settings and SystemUI icons (based on Android 4.3 look)
* Sony stock browser returns (support Adobe™ Flash)
* WALKMAN Widget added
* updated Android 4.2 clock
* new boot animation
* remove Google BeAnZ Lockscreen (due to lags)

FEATURES:
* AROMA installer
* Mobile X-Reality™ replaces Mobile Bravia™ Engine
* Cyber-shot™ MOD 4.7.2 included (credits to Rizal Lovins)
* JBeAnZ 2.1 init.d scripts
* build.prop tweaks (audio,battery,call,camera,dalvik,hardware,kernel,network,RAM,UI,video)
* Debloated
* Android 4.2 stock home launcher (butter smooth)
* Android 4.2 Clock
* Android 4.3 stock Camera and Gallery app (Gallery replaces Sony Album and Movies)
* new Android 4.3 keyboard (replaces stock Sony keyboard)
- highly customizable
- swipe support
- multiple layouts (normal,compact,split,T9,tablet)
- emoji input
- adjust size of key
- change font and text color
* Android stock Contacts and Messaging (replaces Phonebook and Conversations)
* Android 4.1.2 fonts and 4.2 wallpapers
* Google™ apps included
- Calendar ( v201306302) (replaces Sony Calendar)
- Keep (v3.0.25) (replaces Notes)
- Play Store (v4.3.11)
- Play services with ADM (v3.2.66 (845709-36))
- Search (v2.8.7.841295)
* latest Superuser (SuperSU 1.65)
* inclues Adobe™ Flash Player
* Greenify (v1.95) and Root Explorer (v3.12) included
* new Stamina Mode icons
* modified Settings and SystemUI icons (Android 4.3 look)
* 30 steps media volume (15 steps stock)
* enable call recording
* Ads free (No Ads--update as of May 2013)
* new reboot option (credits to rakz992)
* new boot animation

Attachments

• 00007.jpg
    00007.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 3,727
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-11-34-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-11-34-00.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 3,708
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-11-49-50.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-11-49-50.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 3,664
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-33-14.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-33-14.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 4,243
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-33-26.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-33-26.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 4,344
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-33-34.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-33-34.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 4,281
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-33-44.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-33-44.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 3,142
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-34-29.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-34-29.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 2,865
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-34-35.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-34-35.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,909
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-34-50.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-34-50.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 2,747
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-35-24.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-35-24.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 2,931
  • Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-39-24.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-09-14-39-24.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 2,914
Last edited:

kinglauryl

Nov 10, 2004
Manila
Changelog history

* update Messaging app
- fix white flash on startup
- configurable icon
- correct invoke of third-party apps for recording audio
* update Kitkat 4.4 Launcher
- haptic feedback
* update SuperSu (v1.75)
- updated language files
* update WALKMAN Music Widget
- speed improvements
- button layout enhanced
- bugs fix
* move Google Now/Search to user app
(due to FC issue)
* modify dalvik entries in build.prop
(incease RAM and speed up performance)

* WALKMAN Widget updated
* new Messaging app (Kitkat inspired) (make sure to check Stand-alone mode in Messaging settings)
* new boot animation

changelog from 1.0:
* Google Keep (v2.0.50)
* WALKMAN Widget added
* new boot animation

Last edited:

42me

Mar 16, 2012
in my world
Just the step after ur factory reset ur phone will get stable.....

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 4

andrea_marcello

Feb 8, 2008
Siracusa
Background

Hi, thanks for your works,the rom go smoothly.
I would ask if is possible change the setting's background, I like the black one and I think is better for external use.
Manny thanks :D

Ps: I lost email app :|

Last edited:

afpereira

Sep 6, 2010
Fix this error by reflash system by flashtool. I use file: ST27i_6.2.A.1.100_1264_7472.ftf

1.Reflash ftf file.
2.Reflash kernel (I use phantom kernel 1.08)
3.Reflash Google Beanz. Enjoy.

PS: I much find this in one day so if helpful please thanks

thanks, but i've solved the problem.

I only reflash the ftf file(locked bootloader), and it solve the problem.

Thanks anyway

arenaboy007

Oct 27, 2010
looking good. Kinda like xperia but with a cyanogen feel.
I have a few problems though... Cant remove search bar, setcpu can't override cpu clock,
and widget name overlap at the dock divider

Reactions: mismamente

kinglauryl

Nov 10, 2004
Manila
looking good. Kinda like xperia but with a cyanogen feel.
I have a few problems though... Cant remove search bar, setcpu can't override cpu clock,
and widget name overlap at the dock divider

Do not use SetCPU or any other overclocking software I have built in script or if you really want to delete 999cpubeanz located at etc\init.d folder (but dont blame for anything with regards to battery life), the search bar is locked and cant be remove. the widget overlapping will try to fix but no promises.

arenaboy007

Oct 27, 2010
Do not use SetCPU or any other overclocking software I have built in script or if you really want to delete 999cpubeanz located at etc\init.d folder (but dont blame for anything with regards to battery life), the search bar is locked and cant be remove. the widget overlapping will try to fix but no promises.

I don't mind sacrificing battery life (not an intensive user), as long as it's smooth. The drawer looks very good, but the home screen needs some work. I actually don't mind a locked search bar as long as the widgets don't overlap with it. I think I'll stick with apex launcher over the stock one until its fixed. I also noticed, that you can't re-size widgets vertically, or at least the Google play widget.

Last edited:

donfr

Apr 10, 2011
Bandarlampung
@kinglauryl, thanks for your great work, just want to know is there any difference between this ROM and JBeAnZ v2.2? As you said that this ROM is your new work and there will be no update for JBeAnZ v2.2. Thanks!:good:

kinglauryl

Nov 10, 2004
Manila
@kinglauryl, thanks for your great work, just want to know is there any difference between this ROM and JBeAnZ v2.2? As you said that this ROM is your new work and there will be no update for JBeAnZ v2.2. Thanks!:good:

The UI, Launcher, messaging, phonebook, lockscreen, themes, wallpapers and some icons are different from JBeAnZ but the scripts and build.prop are the same, there might be future updates on JBeAnZ but for now I'm exploring this Google BeAnZ, maybe before the end of the year another JBeAnZ update will be release. Thank you for your support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    REMINDERS: Flashing custom made ROMs comes with risk, if you are not sure what you are doing STOP. Do not continue. If you are knowledgeable and want to try it out feel free. You may feedback problems or comments but I do not guarantee to be able to solve all problems encountered, so do not blame me if any problems occurred. I would also like to remind all users to keep in mind that to enjoy custom ROM experience, it is best to FLASH from a clean stock ROM first, ROOT and enbale INT.D and the install RECOVERY (CWM). Then finally flashing the custom ROM. Thank you.

WHAT IS Google™ BeAnZ?
    Google™ BeAnZ (from the creator of JBeAnZ) is a customized stock ROM based on firmware 6.2.A.1.100 Jellybean for Xperia go (ST27i). The idea stem out after reading Google Edition phone of Galaxy S4 and HTC One.

WHY Google™ BeAnZ?
    We all know Google™ will not release a Google™ Edition of Xperia go, so the goal of this ROM is to make a Google™ Edition ROM for Xperia go without having to install AOSP ROM or custom ROMs which needs to unlock the bootloader (still it will work with unlocked bootloader and works well with Phantom kernel). I tried to make this ROM look and feel like stock Android as much as possible. I use resources from Jellybean 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 to complete this ROM. I also removed bloatwares or software that are unwanted that makes the ROM slower and more memory hungry. I also enabled init.d script to allow to run scripts that help optimize the ROM. I edited build.prop for more optimization.

CREDITS to the following for their silent contribution and others for influence
    Zeroinfinity
    Rizal Lovins
    niaboc79
    Pandemic
    rakz992
    JDWalker
    DroidFolks
    pikachu01
    BuzzyMind
    miaad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google™ BeAnZ v2.0 (for Xperia™ go ST27i)
    Requirements: Rooted Jellybean Stock ROM (6.2.A.1.100), Clockworkmod (CWM), init.d enabled
    PC with 7-zip or any .7z capable extractor
    Battery charge level more than 50%

REMINDERS:
    1. This is not a stand alone ROM but an upgrade for Xperia™ go ST27i Jellybean 6.2.A.1.100 firmware)
    2. It is best to have flashtool and firmware 6.2.A.1.100.ftf ready in case something went wrong
    3. Backup all your data before flashing (recommend Titanium Backup for user apps)
    4. This flasher will remove bloatwares, remove apps, update system files and wipe/data factory and reset your phone
    5. Read instructions first before asking, most of your questions are already answered here

Instructions:
    1. Make sure you are running Xperia go ST27i JB firmware 6.2.A.1.100. (Go to settings>About phone, scroll down to the button of
    screen and check build number to confirm) (If your phone is rooted with CWM installed and init.d enabled, proceed to instruction #4)
    2. Download the JBeAnZKit.7z file and the ROM AromaGoogleBeAnZv2.0.zip.
    3. Extract JBeAnZKit.7z to your PC, inside the .7z file, you will find 2 folders. The folder "ERT17MOD" will be
    use to root your phone, just follow instruction. After root program is installed, phone will reboot. Open app drawer on phone and look for
    Uni-init. Run the program and press "Activate" to enable init.d.
    4. The second folder "CWM5504" will be use to install Clockworkmod recovery (CWM).

JBeAnZKit7z is 4.84MB, link is http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/94189288/file.html

NOTE: Guide on rooting and installing CWM on Xgo https://sites.google.com/site/myxgosite/root-and-clockworkmod-1 and for enabling init.d use this link
    https://sites.google.com/site/myxgosite/buildprop--initd

5. Download the file "AromaGoogleBeAnZv2.0.zip" to your SD Card or internal storage (not microSD)
    6. Reboot to CWM
    7. Select "install zip from SDCard"
    8. Select "choose zip from SDCard" and select "AromaGoogleBeAnZv2.0.zip"
    9. After flashing is finished, phone will reboot itself.
    10. After boot, do a factory reset (checked "Erase internal storage")
    11. Enjoy!

For users of Google™ BeAnZ v1.0, just flash "AromaGoogleBeAnZv2.0.zip" and do factory reset

For Google™ BeAnZ v1.0 refer to Post #2

LINK to Google™ BeAnZ v2.0:
    http://d-h.st/cmF or http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/49807913/file.html

Google™ BeAnZ v2.0 System Patch 2 http://d-h.st/p9t
    NOTE: Flash this update via CWM, after flashing, make sure to go to Messaging app, go to Settings, make sure to check "Stand-alone mode" or your phone's SMS will not be saved. Factory reset is not required but recommended. If you haven't patched your Google™ BeAnZ v2.0, you don't need to flash Patch 1 since all are included here. Thank you.

* Android 4.2 stock Messaging returned (remove Kitkat Messaging due to lags)
    * update Kitkat 4.4 Launcher (v1.5.0)
    - haptic feedback
    - improve smoothness
    - auto rotate added
    - direct dial bug fixed
    - resize widgets
    * update SuperSU (v1.75)
    - updated language files
    * update WALKMAN Music Widget (v1.4.1)
    - speed improvements
    - button layout enhanced
    - bugs fix
    * move Google Now/Search to user app (due to FC issue)
    * modify dalvik entries in build.prop (incease RAM and speed up performance)

* WALKMAN Widget updated
    * new boot animation

changelog:
    * Google Keep (v2.0.50)
    * WALKMAN Widget added
    * new boot animation

FEATURES:
    * AROMA installer
    * Mobile X-Reality™ replaces Mobile Bravia™ Engine
    * Cyber-shot™ MOD 4.7.2 included (credits to Rizal Lovins)
    * JBeAnZ 2.1 init.d scripts
    * build.prop tweaks (audio,battery,call,camera,dalvik,hardware,kernel,network,RAM,UI,video)
    * Debloated
    * Android 4.2 stock home launcher (butter smooth)
    * Android 4.2 Clock
    * new Android 4.3 keyboard (replaces stock Sony keyboard)
    - highly customizable
    - swipe support
    - multiple layouts (normal,compact,split,T9,tablet)
    - emoji input
    - adjust size of key
    - change font and text color
    * Android stock Contacts and Messaging (replaces Phonebook and Conversations)
    * Android 4.1.2 fonts and 4.2 wallpapers
    * Google™ apps included
    - Calendar ( v201306302) (replaces Sony Calendar)
    - Keep (v3.0.25) (replaces Notes)
    - Play Store (v4.3.11)
    - Play services with ADM (v3.2.66 (845709-36))
    - Search (v2.8.7.841295)
    * latest Superuser (SuperSU 1.65)
    * inclues Adobe™ Flash Player
    * Greenify (v1.95) and Root Explorer (v3.12) included
    * new Stamina Mode icons
    * modified Settings and SystemUI icons (Android 4.3 look)
    * 30 steps media volume (15 steps stock)
    * enable call recording
    * Ads free (No Ads--update as of May 2013)
    * new reboot option (credits to rakz992)
    * new boot animation
    Google™ BeAnZ Patch2

LINK to Google™ BeAnZ Patch2:
    http://d-h.st/ClF or http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/1875894/file.html
    changelog:
    - Expanded statusbar brightness bar is back
    - CyanogenMod Calculator (replace Sony calculator)
    - Google Calendar (replace Sony Calendar)
    - repair bug in JBKeyboard
    - remove search bar in Home launcher (interferes with icons)
    - update SystemUI icons (better fit and finish)
    - update WALKMAN Music Widget (few bugs fixed by BuzzyMind)
    Older Version

LINK to Google™ BeAnZ v1.0:
    http://d-h.st/ghU or http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/71957492/file.html

LINK to Google™ BeAnZ Patch3: (to install patch just put the patch file to your SD card and flash via CWM, no need to reset or wipe anything!)
    http://d-h.st/KOt or http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/68248503/file.html
    Changelog history

* update Messaging app
    - fix white flash on startup
    - configurable icon
    - correct invoke of third-party apps for recording audio
    * update Kitkat 4.4 Launcher
    - haptic feedback
    * update SuperSu (v1.75)
    - updated language files
    * update WALKMAN Music Widget
    - speed improvements
    - button layout enhanced
    - bugs fix
    * move Google Now/Search to user app
    (due to FC issue)
    * modify dalvik entries in build.prop
    (incease RAM and speed up performance)

* WALKMAN Widget updated
    * new boot animation

changelog from 1.0:
    * Google Keep (v2.0.50)
    * WALKMAN Widget added
    * new boot animation

The UI, Launcher, messaging, phonebook, lockscreen, themes, wallpapers and some icons are different from JBeAnZ but the scripts and build.prop are the same, there might be future updates on JBeAnZ but for now I'm exploring this Google BeAnZ, maybe before the end of the year another JBeAnZ update will be release. Thank you for your support.