AllShare function playback Galaxy TAB contents on a 3D LED TV

Search This thread

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
2 days ago, I've successfully tested the Galaxy TAB AllShare function connecting to
my new Samsung 46" 3D LED TV (UA46C7000). Using the free given USB Wi-Fi dongle
(and a free HDMI v1.4 cable too) that come with my new 3D Blu-Ray Player (BD6900),
plugged it into the TV and connecting to my home Wi-Fi router access was a breeze.

After key-in the Wi-fi passcode using the on-screen keyboard of the 3D LED TV and
launch the AllShare function on the TV and Galaxy TAB, the setup is all done within
a minute or 2. During the AllShare connection, I can launch either from the 3D LED TV
or Galaxy TAB to playback those MP4, MP3 or pictures files that stored in my Galaxy TAB.

Before this great thing happening, I was thinking of buying into Galaxy TAB Multimedia
Dock Station, a HDMI v1.3 Type C and an audio cables for doing the same job I wanted.
Now I does not require them anymore. I'm contented and a very happy man now. :) :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 669
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 596
  • 1e.jpg
    1e.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 555
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 511
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 530
  • 4b.jpg
    4b.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 498
  • 4e.jpg
    4e.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 489
  • 4d.jpg
    4d.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 505
Reactions: frooss

blackbeans

Jun 29, 2007
Saigon
Tks for sharing! But this cool feature is just only for samsung products! You still need multimedia dock, tvout cable for other brand name ones which not support DLNA! ;)

rogconnect

Dec 16, 2010
Sin City
I have the same TV and Bluray Player and HTTYD bundle. And I got the Galaxy TAB Multimedia Dock Station. I have not tried the HDMI out. I don't really need do that!
btw, just wondering how much it's cost for your TV bundle in S'pore?

foxmeister

Mar 10, 2008
Ealing
Tks for sharing! But this cool feature is just only for samsung products! You still need multimedia dock, tvout cable for other brand name ones which not support DLNA! ;)

Of course it won't work with systems that don't support DLNA, but that's pretty obvious! I don't have a Samsung TV, but I do use DLNA to stream from/to my Tab. I also have the multimedia dock and TV out cable for those situations where I can't stream.

Regards,

Dave

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
I have the same TV and Bluray Player and HTTYD bundle. And I got the Galaxy TAB Multimedia Dock Station. I have not tried the HDMI out. I don't really need do that!
btw, just wondering how much it's cost for your TV bundle in S'pore?

I've got the below complete new boxed items bundle for SG$3287, approx. US$2563.

1. 1x UA46C7000 + 1 pair of 3D glasses
2. 1x BD-C6900 + 1x HMDI v1.4 cable, 1x Wi-Fi USB dongle
3. Free 5x 3D Blu-ray movies disc, Monster vs Alien + Shrek1 to 4.
4. Free another 4 pairs of 3D glasses.
5. Free normal wall mounting + installation.
6. Free delivery.

Last edited:

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
Of course it won't work with systems that don't support DLNA, but that's pretty obvious! I don't have a Samsung TV, but I do use DLNA to stream from/to my Tab. I also have the multimedia dock and TV out cable for those situations where I can't stream.

Regards,

Dave
You're right too Dave. There'll be occasion a multimedia dock and kits needed.

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
Just in case someone like to know...
The model no. of the TV USB WiFi Dongle used was, WIS09ABGN

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
Btw folks, the best conection for playing back Galaxy TAB video, picture and music files was,
GT with it USB cable on Mass Storage connection + TV with USB port & media play function.

The benefits from this conection was,

1. Single cable connection.

2. Only need connect GT to TV USB port, so less works & movements retriction between TV, couch/bed, power socket.

3. TV not only playback GT files but also provide power charging to GT.
After playback 1 hour of Full HD video, my GT battery power now up to 71% from initial around 50%+ (can't remeber the exact number).

4. Able to move around GT directory & playback files using one TV remote control.
That's saving troubles of using 2 devices, GT screen + TV remote.

Attachments

• P1040114.jpg
    P1040114.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 188

brilldoctor

Aug 6, 2010
For those of us who dont have a tv that supports dlna (why do you need a 3d tv dont see the point myself) the tabs allshare also works to a ps3. Open allshare and select my device as a source, then go to the ps3 and go to music or video and select the tab. Remember they must be on the same network (should work if ps3 is on ethonet but havent tried it but it works on wifi for me) i have a netgear dg834g v3

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

brilldoctor

Aug 6, 2010
I've got the below complete new boxed items bundle for SG$3287, approx. US$2563.

1. 1x UA46C7000 + 1 pair of 3D glasses
2. 1x BD-C6900 + 1x HMDI v1.4 cable, 1x Wi-Fi USB dongle
3. Free 5x 3D Blu-ray movies disc, Monster vs Alien + Shrek1 to 4.
4. Free another 4 pairs of 3D glasses.
5. Free normal wall mounting + installation.
6. Free delivery.

All that for a tv? I dont see the point in 3d. sure it may be like hd in 9 years but at the moment there is little content

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
All that for a tv? I dont see the point in 3d. sure it may be like hd in 9 years but at the moment there is little content

I've knew there's only limited 3D BD contents before buying into 3D TV.

But that doesn't stopping me from getting the 3D LED TV as I'm buying it to replace my 6~7 years old 40" HD LCD,
and it's also for my Chinese New year celebration. Also the price between a FHD LED TV with 3D FHD LED TV
was just a few hundreds different. So that's why I straight up my purchase. (not all the way of course)

Btw, all Samsung 3D TV can convert any 2D content to 3D.
Be it DVD, TV broadcast or web streaming video. That's another plus for buying it.

eholmann

Dec 19, 2010
Im getting a UN55C8000 with the same blueray you have. Its great to see you had great results. Had read bad reviews about the networking between samsung products.

Sent from my GT-P1000

csmith75

Oct 18, 2007

I bought a 3D LED TV several months ago and the picture on it is jaw-dropping. Truly the best TV I have ever owned. The 3D is just extra....however, we do own a couple of 3D movies.

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
Im getting a UN55C8000 with the same blueray you have. Its great to see you had great results. Had read bad reviews about the networking between samsung products.

Sent from my GT-P1000
That's another great model from Samsung.
I'm might getting the same thing to replace my living hall 14 years old 51" Panasonic projection tv.

Btw, I'm great to know my sharing benefitted & gave positive side of view to you.
I seriously hope it continue to inspire people who intended to own similar setup.

NewForce

Apr 26, 2007
I bought a 3D LED TV several months ago and the picture on it is jaw-dropping. Truly the best TV I have ever owned. The 3D is just extra....however, we do own a couple of 3D movies.
I agree, 3D is just extra function for most of time. 95% of time we'll be watching 2D tv/video contents,
and that's where buying into 3D LED TV a better choice when compare to 3D Plasma or LCD.

Alite

Nov 8, 2011
Someone can tell me if when playing games or films with AllShare (GT + TV Samsung) there's any lag or no?

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
Clearing up DLNA confusion.

For those of us who dont have a tv that supports dlna (why do you need a 3d tv dont see the point myself) the tabs allshare also works to a ps3. Open allshare and select my device as a source, then go to the ps3 and go to music or video and select the tab. Remember they must be on the same network (should work if ps3 is on ethonet but havent tried it but it works on wifi for me) i have a netgear dg834g v3

3D TV != DLNA

DLNA is actually a media sharing technology that works with most Smart TVs, most game consoles, many portable devices and any computer with a few bits of software. For example, I have Coherence and Serviio installed on my Linux machine and Windows Media Player on my Windows machine and I can play media to and from the Tab.

The method you mention actually uses DLNA, since the PS3 is capable of reading in DLNA streams (thats all its actually doing).

Someone can tell me if when playing games or films with AllShare (GT + TV Samsung) there's any lag or no?

Also, Alite, I don't think what you're trying to do is actually possible. DLNA can be used to stream movies, music and pictures to another device, like the TV you mention, but it cannot simply mirror the display of your Tab on your TV and you can't therefore play games on the TV through DLNA. It could be done with HDMI (possibly) but not wirelessly with DLNA. There is no way (that I know of) to get wireless display mirroring with a Galaxy Tab.

And as a last aside, I've got a 3D Samsung and it's pretty incredible. 3D content (games, movies, upscaled TV) all looks incredible and the newest sets particularly are really great TV's. But it's not for everyone, certainly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2 days ago, I've successfully tested the Galaxy TAB AllShare function connecting to
    my new Samsung 46" 3D LED TV (UA46C7000). Using the free given USB Wi-Fi dongle
    (and a free HDMI v1.4 cable too) that come with my new 3D Blu-Ray Player (BD6900),
    plugged it into the TV and connecting to my home Wi-Fi router access was a breeze.

After key-in the Wi-fi passcode using the on-screen keyboard of the 3D LED TV and
    launch the AllShare function on the TV and Galaxy TAB, the setup is all done within
    a minute or 2. During the AllShare connection, I can launch either from the 3D LED TV
    or Galaxy TAB to playback those MP4, MP3 or pictures files that stored in my Galaxy TAB.

Before this great thing happening, I was thinking of buying into Galaxy TAB Multimedia
    Dock Station, a HDMI v1.3 Type C and an audio cables for doing the same job I wanted.
    Now I does not require them anymore. I'm contented and a very happy man now. :) :)